Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old February 17th, 2010, 04:09 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Wyvern Pre-Release Discussion

Well guys, we've done this for the last two releases to keep books clear but provide a spot for unit discussion without stuff getting lost in the preview discussion threads. So let's do it again!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 17th, 2010, 04:22 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker
Re: Wyvern Pre-Release Discussion

I find it interesting that soulborgs can be stung and affected by Wyvern poison. I also find it interesting that his name is just Wyvern, nothing else.
Old February 17th, 2010, 04:24 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I really like this guy. I think it will be a lot of fun to snatch up figures and do all kinds of stuff with them. I think we need to check the rules about when you roll for lava damage, but the Wyvern might be able to grab a hero and fly into molten lava and dump a figure there. That would be cool. The Wyvern could also use the last turn of a round to grab a figure and put it on a lava field tile while it is on normal ground for a fifty percent chance at the figure taking a wound. The Wyvern could also snatch a fire elemental or obsidian guard, drop it in the water, and attack the weakened figure. He could also fly over a group of figures, snatch a cheerleader like Marcus or Raelin, take them a couple hexes away, and attack them. They Wyvern could also fly around the edges of the enemy army, grabbing the figures on the fringes, flying to a safe spot, and attacking it in relative safety. With Spider bonding, the Wyvern could also drop a lowly bonding figure like an arrow grut, dwarf, or roman so the spiders can pull the markers off of it. The Wyvern could also help set up Dund for some massive order marker removal. I think a lot of the small and medium heroes that rely heavily on mobility (ie Cyprien) will suffer greatly at the talons of the Wyvern because they lose control.

The Wyvern definately adds a very interesting tactical aspect to the game, both offensively and defensively.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 17th, 2010, 04:26 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
I find it interesting that soulborgs can be stung and affected by Wyvern poison. I also find it interesting that his name is just Wyvern, nothing else.
Being an uncommon hero his name would need to be fairly generic.

I am slightly surprised that there isn't a D20 roll associated with the grabbing ability. I don't think it's overpowered, but it lessens the impact of the Drow Chainfighter a bit in my opinion.

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old February 17th, 2010, 04:28 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Well with the Chainfighter you can do a slightly less useful grab for 1/4 of the points.
Old February 17th, 2010, 04:28 PM

Fenmeister Woo who?

6.25% chance of autokilling Q9, Able to move small+medium figures to better tactical spots, Uncommon, and bonding with the spiders? I'm liking this guy a lot. Excelent thematically for picking off figures and venomous sting provides a decent amount of versatility.

Now I need to get some jungle sets.....
Old February 17th, 2010, 04:58 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In my game circle, it seems that every game one of my opponents will play with Cyprien. I usually answer back with Thyracus and Major X17, but never liked that I had to place the major on Cyprien's ground which was often in enemy territory.
With the Wyvern and X17, I can swoop Cyprien up and lock him down where I want him to be a little more easily. This is a 200 point solution to a 150 point problem but at least I can use Wyvern for other things after that.

I can't wait to use this guy with a move +2 glyph or movement potion.

Old February 17th, 2010, 05:05 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

It seems that this wave is all about "debuffs." Rather than helping out your own units (Raelin, Theracus) many of the units in this wave focus on disrupting enemy strategy. The Wyvern falls into this new category, as well as the Chainfighter and the air elemental. I very much like this new trend, and I can't wait to see where it's going.
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:11 PM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

I like the idea of picking up someone that the spiders can web. It seems so hard to get spiders in the right place (when I've played against them... don't have any myself).

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:18 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Talon Grab is not as easy to set up as it appears just by looking at the power. I'm not saying it is hard, just that the Wyvern has to fly out over his target to be able to move them. The Chainfighter just has to waltz up and be able to see its target.

I know that is obvious but the chainfighter has a much easier time of it. The reason is that you really don’t want to land the Wyvern behind enemy lines so you fly out over the enemy and then back; with maybe 2-3 layers of rank & file enemies, it can be hard to have enough move to get back.

Just saying that, in my mind, the Wyvern does not diminish the Chainfighter. There are very different, both in price and application.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I wonder why the Wyvern doesn't have stealth flying? If he picks up a hero and drops him, he is engaged to him and must kill that figure before he can do anything else.
Old February 17th, 2010, 06:58 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

No, he takes a leaving engagement attack from that hero next turn to move them all the way behind enemy lines.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units