Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 27th, 2022, 11:41 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Good Pig's Cabinet of Curiosities - NEW Deathwalker 10,000

I'm consolidating designs and ideas I'm tinkering with into a single thread instead of maintaining multiple different ones.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Classic - Playing Card Template
I'm slowly creating a playing card version for each Classic Heroscape figure I own. I may even create some cards for figures I don't own, if you're interested and you ask nicely.
Official Heroscape Units

I'm going to create a copy of some of the Delta versions that have adjusted points. (Coming soon)
Official (Delta) Heroscape Units

All custom units for Classic Heroscape I'm using the playing card template. These include ones I've worked on or C3V ones I had figures for and liked the design.
Custom Heroscape Units

Marvel and DC - Taro Card Template
I've found that super heroes just tend to need more room for text. The playing card size wasn't cutting it. Here I've taken some super hero designs from Sherman Davies excellent Marvel and DC customs threads and reformatted them to the taro card template using an image of the miniature I had*. I've also borrowed caps idea of assigning each super hero a Valkyrie general to integrate them more fully into the Valhalla universe.
Marvel and DC Heroscape Units

*The original designs are 95% intact, I've made just a few tweaks to my own personal taste.

Video Game Units

Spoiler Alert!

Classic and D&D Units

Custom Heroes

Spoiler Alert!

Re-imagined Heroes

Spoiler Alert!

Unique Multi-Life Squads

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Good Pig; November 3rd, 2022 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Added Deathwalker 10,000 and Taro Card template
Old September 28th, 2022, 05:41 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Good Pig's Modified Classic Scape Cards

Good stuff.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 28th, 2022, 08:11 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Added images to the OP. This is a custom playing card template I made recently to mimic the original hex cut out cards but can be sleeved.
Old September 28th, 2022, 08:39 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Very cool idea! Not gonna lie, as someone who doesn't own a Tundra, I always assumed the Dzu Teh were unique lol. I'm curious, how are you handling the additional life in gamplay? Does each separate squad member have three life, or does it work like the Mezzodemons Exoskeleton? If each has three life, that seems like an extremely powerful boost.

Also, that template is gorgeous, I love it!
Old September 28th, 2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Very cool idea! Not gonna lie, as someone who doesn't own a Tundra, I always assumed the Dzu Teh were unique lol. I'm curious, how are you handling the additional life in gamplay? Does each separate squad member have three life, or does it work like the Mezzodemons Exoskeleton? If each has three life, that seems like an extremely powerful boost.

Thanks!

Each figure in the squad has the Life amount on the card. You can look at some of the Arena of the Planeswalker creature cards for comparison.

It does make them more powerful, but there's a few caveats. You can only draft one squad of them so it keeps their power level from running away. Many times in Heroscape when a figure is attacked it can take damage beyond what's needed to take it out, so a Life value of 2 or 3 still isn't a guarantee that it will survive more than one hit. There are Heroes like Braxas, Grimnak, and the like that eat squad figures for lunch and come back for seconds .

If I'm off on the initial points estimate or Life 3 is too much, I can always tweak things.
Old September 28th, 2022, 09:01 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Really good work!

Also that template looks fantastic, probably the best playing card template I’ve seen. @Knox something you might be interested in?
Old September 28th, 2022, 09:18 AM

Thank you. My goal with the template was to mimic the original as close as possible. There were a few spots where I decided to cut corners or deviate for the sake of simplicity.

- I left off the stat value text that said "Spaces" or "Dice".
- I left off the coins graphic near the points value.
- The biggest change - I didn't include the figure silos for targeting.

Removing the silos saves a bunch of space of the card, but it also removes the biggest headache for creating new design to trace out the outline of each figure. To me so rarely does this information matter. I think the only time I've seen it be useful or clever is with the Zombies of Morindan because it reinforces the theme that only headshots count in a really simple way. Also with some custom designs the whole silo is grayed out showing they can't be targeted at range.
Old September 28th, 2022, 02:02 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post

Thanks!

Each figure in the squad has the Life amount on the card. You can look at some of the Arena of the Planeswalker creature cards for comparison.

It does make them more powerful, but there's a few caveats. You can only draft one squad of them so it keeps their power level from running away. Many times in Heroscape when a figure is attacked it can take damage beyond what's needed to take it out, so a Life value of 2 or 3 still isn't a guarantee that it will survive more than one hit. There are Heroes like Braxas, Grimnak, and the like that eat squad figures for lunch and come back for seconds .

If I'm off on the initial points estimate or Life 3 is too much, I can always tweak things.
Interesting, despite painting hundreds of AotP minis, I've never played a game of it . I didn't realize squads had multiple lives in that game, I like how it would boost their power in contrast to common squads, but still let squad-killing powers run amock.
Old September 28th, 2022, 04:51 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@Good Pig I love your card templates! Can you send me how you made those? They're fantastic
Old October 5th, 2022, 02:06 PM

Added Gladiatrons as Unique Squad to the OP.
Old October 5th, 2022, 02:16 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very interesting, I'd like to see where this goes
Old October 12th, 2022, 02:08 PM

Added custom version of Sir Dupuis to the OP. I didn't plan on doing custom heroes initially, but I'd really like to make my current collection of figures useful. That goes double when that figure has such a cool sculpt like Sir Dupuis.

I don't have any Knights or Templar. Without spending a bunch of money this guy is collecting dust. I upped his Attack and Defense by 1, swapped out his main offensive power with the Galloping Charge from the Templar Cavalry so it's not synergy dependent, swapped out the disengage power with one that I really liked from the C3G group (maybe Griffin came up with it?), dropped his Chalice power since I permanently upped his defense by 1.

He's still gotta be close to 160 with the changes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards