Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old September 10th, 2022, 03:54 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

Booo!

Thanks for the thoughtful reviews, guys. I've enjoyed reading them. There's a lot of good stuff in them for me to consider and incorporate.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old September 10th, 2022, 04:02 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Killo! Hi again!

Last edited by superfrog; September 10th, 2022 at 04:05 PM. Reason: ...and sorry!
Old September 10th, 2022, 05:05 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Killo! Hi again!

Last edited by superfrog; Today at 01:05 PM. Reason: ...and sorry!
Hi again back.

And no worries. IIRC during my tenure in the SoV I voted no the most, so if I can dish it I'd better be able to take it.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old September 17th, 2022, 11:51 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

How many judges would be interested in reviewing multiplayer maps for WoS? Three-player maps would be more used than 4, but I'd like to see both emphasized.

EDIT: I see this was asked Jan. 2015, before Wyrmwalk was approved-- would the rebooted WoS reconsider now? @dok 's the only holdover (not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Last edited by UtahScott; September 18th, 2022 at 07:50 PM. Reason: details, details...
Old September 22nd, 2022, 11:44 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I'd like to submit my map Aftermath...

Aftermath
Sets: RotV, FotA, RttFF

Used in:
Peoria Monthly - September 2022
Utah Monthly - July 2022

I've playtested this map, and really like the flow of how it plays. I believe it gives good options for both melee and range, but doesn't favor one over the other. The development is easy and balanced for both sides and the distribution of height keeps things dynamic and interesting.

Additionally, from what I've heard from those who've played on it as well, they've enjoyed their games on it.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 23rd, 2022, 08:29 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
How many judges would be interested in reviewing multiplayer maps for WoS? Three-player maps would be more used than 4, but I'd like to see both emphasized.

EDIT: I see this was asked Jan. 2015, before Wyrmwalk was approved-- would the rebooted WoS reconsider now? @dok 's the only holdover (not that there's anything wrong with that...)
Hey! So sorry I forgot to respond to this. We had a discussion about it, and the general feeling is that we're not ready to commit to something like that right now, and honestly, might not ever be. Multiplayer maps are harder to test for multiple reasons with the simplest being that it's more difficult to find more players to simply test the map. We feel good about the pace of how maps are being reviewed and don't want to disrupt that.

We do appreciate the idea though. Thanks so much for your post.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old September 23rd, 2022, 08:31 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I'd like to submit my map Aftermath...

Aftermath
Sets: RotV, FotA, RttFF

Used in:
Peoria Monthly - September 2022
Utah Monthly - July 2022

I've playtested this map, and really like the flow of how it plays. I believe it gives good options for both melee and range, but doesn't favor one over the other. The development is easy and balanced for both sides and the distribution of height keeps things dynamic and interesting.

Additionally, from what I've heard from those who've played on it as well, they've enjoyed their games on it.
Thanks so much for the submission!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old October 5th, 2022, 11:47 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quite a bit has changed in the map making world. Was BoV retired and WoS created in it's stead?

-insert signature here-
Old October 5th, 2022, 12:07 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quite a bit has changed in the map making world. Was BoV retired and WoS created in it's stead?
WoS was originally started right at the tail end of the BoV era (late 2014). It lasted for a year or two before it, too, passed.

Last year, we decided that the community was in need of a curated collection of the best maps. Rather than start a new project, we resurrected WoS (Dok, one of our current judges, was also one of the creators of the original WoS).

The WoS innovations on the basic BoV structure include a timer system to ensure that no map sits in limbo for too long; a one-phase voting structure to increase efficiency; the removal of strict terrain limitations; and the ability for inducted maps to be modified or removed. This in particular allows the WoS map pool to be a living list that changes with the times.
Old October 5th, 2022, 01:17 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

WoS approved 3 separate maps on its own before going on hiatus. And one of the first things the resurrected WoS did was to "re-review" all 32 BoV maps again, with modernized eyes. 25% of the BoV made the cut for WoS inclusion.
Old October 5th, 2022, 01:49 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
WoS was originally started right at the tail end of the BoV era (late 2014). It lasted for a year or two before it, too, passed.

Last year, we decided that the community was in need of a curated collection of the best maps. Rather than start a new project, we resurrected WoS (Dok, one of our current judges, was also one of the creators of the original WoS).

The WoS innovations on the basic BoV structure include a timer system to ensure that no map sits in limbo for too long; a one-phase voting structure to increase efficiency; the removal of strict terrain limitations; and the ability for inducted maps to be modified or removed. This in particular allows the WoS map pool to be a living list that changes with the times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
WoS approved 3 separate maps on its own before going on hiatus. And one of the first things the resurrected WoS did was to "re-review" all 32 BoV maps again, with modernized eyes. 25% of the BoV made the cut for WoS inclusion.
Makes sense. If AoA funds I expected a lot of renewed interested over in this neck of the woods. I literally dusted off a few of my old bins of terrain today, map builds are now inevitable over here. Once that damn breaks I know I won't be able to resists trying to balance some of my maps that I just couldn't quite get right back in the day.

-insert signature here-
Old October 5th, 2022, 02:02 PM

Main thing I want to know now is the tile breakdown for AoA. With details on how it's smaller than RotV, map productivity's gonna go way up around here, I think. Next week?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios