Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 16th, 2006, 12:28 AM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
Sirocco is pretty cool.

Its older and kinda simplistic , but fun.

Old May 16th, 2006, 01:02 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Anyone know anything about Navia Dratp?

It looks like some sort of draftable miniatures chess-like game. But the package is rather light on details about how one picks an army.

The boosters are blind-purchase, but it looks like the type of game where that wouldn't be a huge problem....as in, you may want quite a lot of certain figures.

The basic set requires that you purchase TWO starter sets, one red, one blue....why they couldn't just bundle them into one box is beyond me, but it looks like a cool game, so I'm very seriously considering it. I need more info though before dropping the 50-plus (!) dollars on it.
Old May 16th, 2006, 01:09 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPrime
Sirocco is pretty cool.

Its older and kinda simplistic , but fun.

Oh wow. This one takes me back! I haven't played this in decades!
I used to battle it out with my bro-in-law who's a big D&D/gameboard fan!
Thanks for bringing back the memories. Although I don't recall how to play! It was fun nonetheless
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
A board game that I am addicted to, though do not own myself is Titan by Avalon Hill, long since out of print. If anyone would know where I could get a copy of it, please let me know.
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
A board game that I am addicted to, though do not own myself is Titan by Avalon Hill, long since out of print. If anyone would know where I could get a copy of it, please let me know.
Is this the game you are talking about?
http://cgi.ebay.com/TITAN-THE-ARENA-...QQcmdZViewItem

edit - After a quick BGG search, I see that it is probably not the game you are talking about....
Old May 16th, 2006, 02:13 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
It's very hard to find a copy of that now. Your best bet is eBay, though you might have to pay a lot.

On the other hand, there is an excellent JAVA version called Colossus, which you can find here:

http://colossus.sourceforge.net/
Old May 16th, 2006, 03:17 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker
I'm a big fan of BloodBowl by Games Workshop. Since my disillusionment with HeroScape, BloodBowl has become my game of choice.

As GW charges outrageous prices for their minis and they are not really supplying USA with BB, I'd recommend buying the board game off eBay and then putting together proxy teams (I use Mage Knight and D&D Minis) for any teams you want to play beyond the Orcs and the Humans.
Old May 16th, 2006, 03:28 PM
THE Ungrateful Whorebath

cbs42 knows what's in an order marker cbs42 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar
I'm a big fan of BloodBowl by Games Workshop. Since my disillusionment with HeroScape, BloodBowl has become my game of choice.
I've never played BloodBowl, but I remember looking at that HUGE box with envious eyes as a kid. I never picked it up though. For some odd reason, I'm currently getting a huge kick out of playing BattleBall. Yeah I know it's lightweight and rediculously dependent on luck, but it's really fun!
Old May 16th, 2006, 03:45 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Go to a local boardgame club and ask if someone has it that you could get into a game on.

It is long out of print, and goes for over $100 I think.

One of my favorite games ever.
Lots of cross-overs in interest with Heroscape.
I had worked up a pretty good Battleboard conversion idea, I thought....
Old May 16th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Many good games listed here. Power Grid is a fantastic non-fighting game, and especially good with groups of 4-6.

Return of the Heroes is an awesome entry in the fantasy/RPG/boardgame department. It's like a higher-end Talisman and I absolutely love it. Go to BGG to check it out if you haven't already. It's not a hack-fest like Runebound (for better or worse). It focuses more on exploration with beautifully illustrated mapboards that are randomly placed to 'build' the world, as well as a variety of quests to complete. You won't like it if you're only into fighting games, but I think it's great.

Edit: Anyone ever play Brewhouse Bash by GW? It was a throw-away freebie in a WD some years back. It was a map of an Ork bar complete with stools and bottles to smack or throw at people. The rules were simple, but suprisingly funny, and allowed you to do things like throw other Orks off balconies, or my group's favorite: knee in the danglies.
Old May 17th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Thanks guys

Nether - Your assumption was correct, Titan Arena is different than Titan, it was a really bad spin off of it. Pales in comparison.

I will look around on ebay, thanks for the tips.
Old May 17th, 2006, 01:40 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Antike was my favourite game of last year, though Railroad Tycoon was also good.

All-time favourites vary, but as I've got about 500 games in the collection, running out of stuff to play isn't likely to happen.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games