Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 13th, 2006, 09:56 AM

Kenntak has disabled reputation
Commands and Colors: Ancients
Memoir '44
Settlers of Catan
Old May 13th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Forgot about Carcassonne, that game is awesome. Gotta get the new Tower expansion soon.
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:29 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushi96
Risk (all flavors)
BattleBall (what a blast!- and the pieces crossover to HS)
Settlers of Catan (all expansions)
Carcassonne (all expansions)
Hi-Ho Cherry-O (still trying to gain a strategic advantage on this one)

Wanting to try Puerto Rico next...
I think it was iconusa.com that has the 10 anniv version of settlers of cataan..with all the wooden pieces for something under 300 now

cheers

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Here's another one I really really like. It was free to download and print. Lost Patrol. I use my figures from Ultra Marines for this game.
I like the premise, the artwork on the tiles, and it reminds me a little of Space Hulk.

Lost Patrol is the second publish in a series of mini-games by Games Workshop. In this 2-player game you choose either scout-marines or the 'lurkers'. Scouts are represented in familiar WH40K miniatures when 'lurkers' are just cardboard paws.

Board is created with a pile of hexagon tiles (which forms as the scouts continue traveling thru the dense jungle). Your destination is to reach the dropship before the 'lurkers' take out your entire team. As the team explores further the jungle divides into many sections and some of your teammates might even get lost (never to be found again).

When facing 'lurkers' or running into an ambush players may choose to fight or escape. Fighting is engaged with three D6 dice (two red for scouts, one green for the lurkers). Scouts have special abilities like a 'heavy weapon' (which gives an extra roll) and the scout’s player may roll one dice for each fighting scout. 'Lurkers' fight only with the number of paws used (1 point for each). Green dice is used to try to achieve a bonus (which occurs only if the Lurk-player is able to roll a number matching the amount of his paws).

This game is listed as a 'miniature' on GW's on-line store and costs about 10£ (120Fim here in Finland). Game lasts about 30 minutes.

Old May 13th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Lost Patrol...forgot about that...thanks HEH. BGG has the download for it also, IIRC.

Newb.
Old May 14th, 2006, 03:09 AM

bushi96 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez

I think it was iconusa.com that has the 10 anniv version of settlers of cataan..with all the wooden pieces for something under 300 now

cheers
Yeah, I would love that set. If anybody wants to buy it for my B-day it is May 29th

Myself, I just cant justify paying $300 for a boardgame, no matter how pretty it is. Oh wait...<grabs calculator>"5 HS Master Sets, 3x Mallidons Prophecy,etc., etc., Castles." Crap. My wife is going to kill me.

"I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat animals who are"
~G. Marx~
Old May 14th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Newbie, have you 'assembled' a copy of Lost Patrol? Have you played it? I've only had opportunities to play it solo. Would love to hear some reviews from a two-player perspective

Quote:

Myself, I just cant justify paying $300 for a boardgame, no matter how pretty it is. Oh wait...<grabs calculator>"5 HS Master Sets, 3x Mallidons Prophecy,etc., etc., Castles." Crap. My wife is going to kill me.
Old May 15th, 2006, 09:07 AM

bighamrules has disabled reputation
well thanks everyone i'm going to try something new

i'm bigham and im back in the game
Old May 15th, 2006, 10:41 AM

Sapper has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez

cheers
Yeah, I would love that set. If anybody wants to buy it for my B-day it is May 29th

I would never pay $300 for a game all in one shot. I have spent that much easily on HS but at least it has been in bits and pieces. I can spread out the pain instead of feeling it all at once.
Old May 15th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Newbie, have you 'assembled' a copy of Lost Patrol? Have you played it? I've only had opportunities to play it solo. Would love to hear some reviews from a two-player perspective

Quote:

Not yet but you posted about the game on the HQ and I forgot to download and print it off. I will now.

Newb.
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:11 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
In order of playtime (mostly due to lack of opponents):

Settlers of Catan
Carcassone
Apples to Apples
LOTR: The Boardgame
Once Upon A Time
Formula De
Axis & Allies
Fortress America
Samurai Swords
Diplomacy
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:32 PM

MrQuatsch is surprisingly tart
Right now i'm hooked on
-Puerto Rico
-Acquire
-Memoir '44
-Eye to Eye
-Ticket to Ride:Europe
-Supremacy

But I'll play anything that is in front of me...except Diplomacy and Hi Ho Cherrio.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games