Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

View Poll Results: What type/era of riflemen would you most like to see?
American Civil War 37 17.29%
British Napoleonic 17 7.94%
French Napoleonic 16 7.48%
Brithish Imperialism 21 9.81%
American Frontiersmen 34 15.89%
Western Cowboy Posse 42 19.63%
American Korean/Vietnam War 23 10.75%
None of these appeal, I'm hoping for something else. (please tell us) 24 11.21%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 7th, 2008, 01:50 PM

cosmosis knows what's in an order marker cosmosis knows what's in an order marker
Re: Riflemen preference

I voted none. We have enough riflemen. Let's see more of the other units - like ranged vipers and/or another viper hero with DEFENSE or another orc champion that has range and/or flies. Or some melee soulborgs for Jandar, seeing as how everyone else (that has soulborgs) has melee soulborgs.

SPECIAL THANKS TO: oni, tppytel
My Tradelist
Deciper SWCCG Trading
List of Good Traders
Can't find it? Try the Index
Old July 8th, 2008, 03:38 AM

Randino has disabled reputation

I'd love to see a Davy Crockett type figure. Something like 5 attack at 7-9 range, but only 3ish defense. Then add a bonus in defense if he is engaged to the attacker. According to the legends, Davy could fight hand to hand well, and was an incredible sharpshooter. I'd imagine the way he could have been beat would be buy multiple attacks at the same time, since Betsy was a single shot.

Looking specifically at the Battle of the Alamo, The Mexicans breached the wall across from the palisade Davy and the Tennesseans were defending. After the Mexicans overtook the breach, the Texans moved to the buildings built onto the wall left of the breach (right of the palisade). It was unlikely that any of the Tennessee volunteers that were manning the palisade would have made it into the buildings where the final stand was made without becoming engaged buy an overwhelming number of Mexicans.

One of the tributes to Davy and his boys was that the Mexicans never overtook the palisade from the front. They held the weakest point in the Alamo, as the palisade was nothing more than a dirt mound with wood heaped up on it built shortly before the battle.

Hope you guys don't mind the historical rant

Major Q9 is cool, but he fell to my Gamo 220, just like the rest of 'em...
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:46 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannibal twin 8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannibal twin 8
Oops. Is there anyway I can fix that?
It looks fine to me!
I spelled "Cowboy" Coyboy.

Edit: Wow, who fixed it? Was it you Hex_Enduction_Hour
I bet if you ask nicely he will fix "Brithish" too.
Old July 9th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart

Czech Mercenaries from the 30 Years Wars for Utgar

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old July 17th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

More Cowboys sounds good.

I'd also like to see pirates introduced like the cowboys, with a few unique heroes spread around. Some of the pirates could have rifles and a parrot. " Harharhar Sonlen, ye dragon healing and dragon swoop powers be nothing compared to me parrot swoop and cracker healing."
Old July 17th, 2008, 06:18 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
More Cowboys sounds good.

I'd also like to see pirates introduced like the cowboys, with a few unique heroes spread around. Some of the pirates could have rifles and a parrot. " Harharhar Sonlen, ye dragon healing and dragon swoop powers be nothing compared to me parrot swoop and cracker healing."
Yes Pirates, allthough I would like them under one general, Aquilla. Back on topic I think it is reasonable to say that we may get an outlaw for Utgar, hopefully he has a lasso, and that might be it for the Cowboys. Then we have the possible frontiersmen and hillbillies, but that won't work out. I also don't think we'll get anymore riflemen from Europe such as French, Hessians, or Russians seeing we have enough already. And I don't believe Heroscape would want to introduce the whole new Texas Revolution with the Volunteers and the Mexicans. That's it a Mexican Bandit with a lasso for Utgar.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old July 18th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

I voted "American Civil War," one of my favorite periods. I'm sure a "Rebel Yell" power for the Confederates could be easily conjured up. As for the Union, how about a cannon with crew instead of riflemen?

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old July 19th, 2008, 11:45 AM

chuynn Woo who?

British Napoleonic AKA, 95th Rifles.

This group is from the book and T.V.series about Richard Sharpes. By Bernard Cornwell

The more there are the greater the glory!!!!
Old July 19th, 2008, 05:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentor View Post
The Civil war really interests me, and the frontier men idea would be cool, but I think the Frontiermen would work better as heroes, and the Civil war would just not be quite as cool as GANGSTERS. They don't have rifle rifles like the 4'th mass or the frontiermen would, but they would have assult rifles. four of them with tommy guns, and a hero that's either like the godfather where he pretty much is useless in combat but has boosts, or like a guy with duel tommy guns or something.

I really like the idea of a few mobster heros like they did the Cowboys. A Hero figure with a Tommy Gun (Frank Nitty - Utgar) that could spray bullets like Q9 does would be cool. You could get 8 die instead of 9 but then you could use them on 2 targets with 4 die so he could really unload on someone. Maybe a Bonnie and Clyde duo like the the Vamp husband/wife combo could work too. If one died then the other one suffered wounds, but this time bond them together so they can both move with one order marker. Maybe he could try to steal one order marker per round (from any figures card, not just adjacent ones) using the 20 sided die.

A unique squad of Cowboys (a posse) that bonded with any lawman would be really useful too. The Cowboy Hero figures would be much more useful with a bonded squad. The Wanted Dead or Alive ability that has been mentioned sounds perfect to me.

I do hope some Pirates come out soon (common squad for Aquilla) but I really don't want to see them all have guns. Maybe one hero would have a pistol but otherwise just give them swords and boarding axes. They could have some type of intimidation/fear ability that causes whoever they attack to roll one less defense die for each adjacent pirate, upto a maximum of 3. Their attack would only be 1 die (a bonded hero could increase their attack ala Finn) though. However the reduced defense die remains as long as they remain adjacent to the pirates so you could hit that target with other figures too and they would still roll fewer defense die becasue of the pirates. They would become great counters for high defense soulborgs. Give them a high movement and no stopping on water so they could really blitz an opponent.
Old July 19th, 2008, 05:45 PM

Dark Lord o' THIRST is surprisingly tart

I like your idea for the pirates except I would give them 2 attack dice.
I voted American Frontiersmen. A Davy Crocket or Dan'l Boone would be VERY cool

GENERATION 28
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old July 21st, 2008, 11:31 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
I voted "American Civil War," one of my favorite periods. I'm sure a "Rebel Yell" power for the Confederates could be easily conjured up. As for the Union, how about a cannon with crew instead of riflemen?
I like the idea of having cannon crews for the Civil War to differentiate them from the Revolutionary War. And the cannon can be a totally seperate destructable object. Of course cannon crew members can still have guns with bayonets right?

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old July 22nd, 2008, 05:20 PM

a midget in a bikini has disabled reputation

they should have a german army to counter th AE

Kaemon Awa for president
copy and paste if you agree

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News