Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old September 7th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconsteak
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Werewolf: Rage (CCG) Best CCG game mechanics ever!
I loved Rage! If only I could find my cards...and people to play with. That game seemed to quickly disappear from the face of the earth.

Man...RENT ASUNDER! Golgol Fangs-First! Fang Necklace! I have to find those cards!
Yea Rage was awesome!! I still have all mine tucked away in my closet... It died off right after the "Legacy of the Tribes" expansion... always wished I coulda got more of those, only got one foil out of that set

Golgol was the shizznit... Slap the Gunnar Draugerbane past life on him with a Grand clave, Frenzy and start cutting everything in half.
Good Lord! You were lucky. Due to the short runs of both War of the Amazon and Legacy of the Tribes, I was able to get only a couple packs of Amazon and none of Legacy before they were sold out completely. I have about 6 or 7 '500' card boxes full of Rage cards as well as a few sealed boxes from the earlier sets.

----------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRaidor
If enough people are interested, I'd be glad to host an 'online' version here at 'Scapers.com
I have never had the opportunity to play, but am very interested in joining in on the fun! I would enjoy seeing how this is done in the 'Community Forum just like this one..." I got your prize for you ... a free pdf copy of HS Codex #4; everybody wins!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 7th, 2006, 05:28 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Werewolf is a lot of fun. I have never played a game that has went 60 minutes, but I hav never played with more than 10. I think the main problem with the game is that you need a lot of people, and that can be hard to come by. Also, from your posts about LARPing, you should be careful. This game is one step away. Also, you can't get too drunk when playing or you will mess up the game. Ask my bro about my bachelor party.

Anyway, the basic gameplay works like this. One person is a storyteller, one person is a fortune teller and the rest of the people are werewolves or townspeople. The roles are decided by dealing out the cards randomly. There are other roles that can be added in to change up the game. Each night the storyteller puts everyone to sleep, then she wakes up the fortune teller, who points at someone and the storyteller reveals that persons true nature to the fortune teller, by showing that person his or her card. Then the ST wakes the werewolves who collectively decide who they are going to eat by pointing and gesturing. Once they do that, the storyteller wakes everyone up and reveals who the werewolves ate. Then everyone argues about who they think the werewolf is and then a vote is taken, and that person is lynched. The game repeats like this until only TP or WW are left and that group is declared the winner. It is really a pretty fun social experiment.
Old September 7th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
... Also, from your posts about LARPing, you should be careful. This game is one step away...
Somehow, I don't see this as a problem. Due to the nature of the game there will be no one dressing up in really, really bad costumes, putting oversized pointy plastic ears over their own. all the while running around swinging a cardboard sword over their head!

Old September 7th, 2006, 09:12 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
... Also, from your posts about LARPing, you should be careful. This game is one step away...
Somehow, I don't see this as a problem. Due to the nature of the game there will be no one dressing up in really, really bad costumes, putting oversized pointy plastic ears over their own. all the while running around swinging a cardboard sword over their head!

But it is one step away. You are pretending to be werewolves, midieval townspeople, fortune tellers, hunters, lovers, little girls and others that I can't think of right now. It is half roleplaying.
Old September 7th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

You're not getting it, LARP uber-geekdom is specifically caused by the cheesy costumes and cardboard/foam weapons! Werewolf/Mafia is more a RPG with players sitting around a table with cards instead of dice.

My problem with LARP (from that thread) was that D&D didn't have the stigmata attached to it before LARP and 60 Minutes "Devil Worship" stories. It was, at the beginning (the white box years), simply another game people of all types got together to play. Because of LARP, it has warped the impression of all non-gamers of gamers as being outcast goobers ... this stigmata is so prevalent that most of us here consider ourselves geeks. But, not me, no sir, I ain't no geek.

Old September 8th, 2006, 02:21 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
LordRaidor -
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
I also heard it can be played online and was wondering if he could maybe run a group of HSers thru this game, acting as the Storyteller.
I asked ya directly to (please) run a game for us all to see what it's like!

This would be a really cool thing, and if you can just get the minimum number, and it is done once, I'm positive MANY HSers would be interested the next time, if the game works out well.

I'm in - when would you be able to run it?
How exactly is it done online?
Old September 8th, 2006, 05:19 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Quote:
LordRaidor -
Quote:
I also heard it can be played online and was wondering if he could maybe run a group of HSers thru this game, acting as the Storyteller.

This would be a really cool thing, and if you can just get the minimum number, and it is done once, I'm positive MANY HSers would be interested the next time, if the game works out well.
BTW Reaper did you know Raidor has made a variant for HS called The Curse of Ne-Gok_Sa? Should be similar to Mafia and Werewolf but with HS characters. You can find it at his site:

http://www.geocities.com/lordraidor/negoksa.htm

Anyway I just thought I would point it out. It might be more appropriate for Heroscapers =P

Quote:
You're not getting it, LARP uber-geekdom is specifically caused by the cheesy costumes and cardboard/foam weapons! Werewolf/Mafia is more a RPG with players sitting around a table with cards instead of dice.

My problem with LARP (from that thread) was that D&D didn't have the stigmata attached to it before LARP and 60 Minutes "Devil Worship" stories. It was, at the beginning (the white box years), simply another game people of all types got together to play. Because of LARP, it has warped the impression of all non-gamers of gamers as being outcast goobers ... this stigmata is so prevalent that most of us here consider ourselves geeks. But, not me, no sir, I ain't no geek.

I hear ya Malechi. The stigmata is really unfortunate. Roleplaying is actually a lot of fun and a good GM will actually make you use your brain. I have never been a part of a LARP but it seems really hokey to me. I mean if you intend to dress up and act the part you should at least use a wooden sword so you can threaten anyone who makes fun of you! =P

I guess it is ok for people who do like it though. I just prefer imagination over fake elf ears! The Devil Worship stories were worse. Some people still say playing an RPG is devil worship

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old September 8th, 2006, 03:11 PM
ultradoug

Quote:
WOO! This is great I'm totaly ready!

Quote:
Oh. Nuts.
Nevermind then.
Old September 8th, 2006, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradoug
Quote:
WOO! This is great I'm totaly ready!

Quote:
Oh. Nuts.
Nevermind then.
You sir are ridiculous.
Old September 8th, 2006, 07:21 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
No, He's Sir Ridiculous!

(nomination for UD's new title?)
Old September 8th, 2006, 07:40 PM
ultradoug

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Old September 9th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Online "Werewolf" Game...

Quote:
LordRaidor -
Quote:

I'm in - when would you be able to run it?
How exactly is it done online?
Oops, ...sorry Reaper, ...I TOTALLY missed that entire last sentence of your first post... I blame UD, ...somehow... ^_^

So, sure, I'll host a 'game' here at 'Scapers. Online games are pretty easy to follow, even as a spectator. Basically, we decide how large a game we want to run and all the players signup (which, I guess, we're kinda doing right now). Then, I'll randomly assign roles and PM each player his or her identity and start a forum thread. Post a little backstory; shed tears for the dead Storyteller (me), yadda-yadda, ...then the game starts. Players kick around accusations in the thread (random guesses, veiled threats, mad supposition, political subterfuge, mental manipulation, bald-faced lies, etc., --- all the stuff that make interactive role-playing games fun), then each player casts a vote (by publicly stating in a boldface red post, so the Storyteller can find it easily) for which player they want to lynch.

Each 'day' of the game would have a certain Real-Life deadline (say 5:00PM each day), at which point the Storyteller checks all the votes, breaks any ties if needed, then pronounces the lucky lynchee 'dead'. Then the wolfen players (who each know who they all are) can chitty-chat (secretly, of course, by PM or e-mails to each other) and then send me PMs with each of their votes for who to kill by night. Just like 'days' each 'night' has a deadline (say 6:00AM), at which point I again check my PMs, break any ties (this is unusual, for the Wolfen, but can happen), then post to tell all the players who died during the night. This starts another 'day' cycle of discussion (politics, manipulation, all that good stuff) about who to lynch, etc. Rinse and repeat until (a) the last Wolfen gets killed and the 'Normal People' win, or (b) there are an equal number of Wolfen and Normals and the Wolfen win.

Some games make 'dead' players (whether lynched or wolfen-shredded) sit out the rest of the game totally silent, but I think continued participation is LOTS of fun, so I have 'storyline' reasons why those 'ousted' still get to talk and scheme and stuff, ...just not cast votes. ^_^

If we're gonna run it here, I'd have to recommend the Curse of Ne-Gok-Sa version, just to fit the theme of our hosting site. ^_^ It leaves out alot of the 'Special' roles, but I think it would still be ideal for an introductory game or two. I think we'd really need a minimum of 8 players (not including me) for it to be enjoyable, but if

cbs42
agentX-127
malechi
Reaper

are interested, we're halfway there. It doesn't look to me like Jormi, UD, Ryd, Nooblar, or Yagyu are tossing their hats in for gaming (just discussion), but if I'm wrong guys, please speak-up.

All the details are open for negotiation: role-playing allowed/discouraged, roles revealed/hidden after 'death', code of conduct, time-frames, etc. Most online WW games cycle daily, but I'm not sure I'm up for that personally (tight personal schedule). I'd imaging the best idea would be 2 RL days per 'day', then one whole RL day per 'night', with both with 11:00PM deadlines (most convenient for me).

For example, if Mondays and Tuesdays are 'days' for discussion about lynching, then I check and tally votes at 11:00PM Tuesday night and announce who got lynched. The 'Wolfen' then have all day Wednesday to decide who to slaughter at 'night', then I check PMs and post who got killed at 11:00PM Wednesday night. Then Thursday and Friday would be the next 'day', with another lynching posted at 11:00PM Friday. Saturday would be the next 'night', with the slaughter victim announced at 11:00PM Saturday night. We all take Sunday off and start again on Monday, then keep playing 'til one side or the other wins. Simple, ...nez pa?...

Any other thoughts, ideas, or suggestions? Anybody else interested? Lemme know...

^_^
-LordRaidor-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games