Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old May 7th, 2017, 04:58 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Any of you guys 3d printed additional ships for your fleets. I have bought 1 of each of the rebel and imperial smaller ships for each faction up to at least wave 5 or 6 and have seen a bunch of 3d print files on thingiverse for stands, ships, and pilot bases, along with some other neat things such as gun turrets, at at's, at-st's, snowspeeders, etc. Each of those ships comes with a handful of different pilot cards and placards so if you have one of each you could easily make more ships to use with the extra pilot cards and placards.. I plan on doing this a bit once I get my 3d printer off kickstarter. On the note of the cheater. I guess some people just have to try to win that badly. He probably cheats all the time so being on camera was probably new to him.
I'm not really into the 3D printed extras. I do like 'upgrading' components whether with official stuff or third-party stuff, though, and I've commissioned a few of my ships to be painted.

I think you're right about the cheater: probably does it all the time and finally got caught because he was on camera. No, it's not OK, and yes the consequences should've been bigger. I certainly wouldn't agree to even a friendly game against the guy after that.

Interestingly, it's not the cheating that makes me not want to play X-Wing, it's the fact that 13 of the top 16 lists are Scum and most if not all of those are using Attanni Mindlink. The only 2 Rebel lists to make it had to use Biggs to do so... it's just a very boring-sounding game right now.
Agreed completely, and I think this is just another example of FFG poorly managing this game. How can the Jumpmaster still be so good after what, three nerf?

The Jumpmaster, Protectorate, and Mindlink unfortunately run things now.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 11:13 AM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've finally accepted that I have too many games that I don't play, and I need to unload some. I have two starter sets, a Millennium Falcon, and some custom-made BSG Colonial Vipers. I thought I'd ask in this thread if anyone would like to make me an offer on them before I list them on Ebay. Not expecting much in return but would like to at least get a little something above and beyond shipping costs. Let me know if you're interested.

(I hope it's okay that I posted this here.)
Old May 3rd, 2018, 07:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...econd-edition/

X-Wing 2.0

If you want to make you 1.0 stuff compatible, it will cost $50 per faction for upgrade packs.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 3rd, 2018, 07:30 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I'm incredibly excited about it because it looks like vast improvements, especially on several things that have made me not want to play nearly as much of late. I really want to write a big response to everything we've seen so far, but I just don't have the time right now.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 3rd, 2018, 08:01 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...econd-edition/

X-Wing 2.0

If you want to make you 1.0 stuff compatible, it will cost $50 per faction for upgrade packs.
You’ll also need to buy a 2.0 core set for the new tokens and damage deck. Templates are all updated, but I guess you could still use 1.0 as it looks like they are the same shapes with updated markings, but I haven’t watched any gameplay videos yet.

I think it looks very good and I’m excited about balancing the game and leveling things out. Hopefully making those older, early wave classic ships feel a lot stronger compared to all the newer stuff. Just bummed about the cost of converting everything to 2.0 that I already have. I think I’ll be buying into a single faction and seeing how it goes from there.
Old May 3rd, 2018, 09:41 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Wow. It looks great, but $150 so I can use ships I've already paid for in their new system seems like a gouge. Maybe I missed it, but I don't see where it says how many maneuver dials are in the kits, just that there are dials for each ship. That suggests to me that you may have to buy more than one upgrade kit for each faction if you fly multiples of the same ship in your squadron. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 4th, 2018, 12:20 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Wow. It looks great, but $150 so I can use ships I've already paid for in their new system seems like a gouge. Maybe I missed it, but I don't see where it says how many maneuver dials are in the kits, just that there are dials for each ship. That suggests to me that you may have to buy more than one upgrade kit for each faction if you fly multiples of the same ship in your squadron. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.
I agree with all you guys points above. Excited about them making a bit more exciting but not throwing 150 plus dollars at upgrading what I already have. Also. They do list out what number of dials you get. Id have to get multiple sets for the stuff I have and other parts would not get used. Unless you play this competitively not sure how well this will sell. Im hopeful for them but wont throw the cash t this.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 4th, 2018, 08:09 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I don't play competitively, so the potential silver lining for me is this may cause a price drop in the first edition stuff and I can add to my collection on the cheap. Definitely not buying any more at regular retail.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 4th, 2018, 11:18 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm really curious what the big changes are. I read the product description and it looks like it's the same as v1 except now pilots can have force tokens.

I also see they're making the new S-Foils upgrade part of the original set. Mostly it just seems like an opportunity to rebalance all the ships in a less ham-handed way than the new Saw's Renegades set (I mean, I love X-Wings so it's an exciting set, but...).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 4th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm really curious what the big changes are. I read the product description and it looks like it's the same as v1 except now pilots can have force tokens.

I also see they're making the new S-Foils upgrade part of the original set. Mostly it just seems like an opportunity to rebalance all the ships in a less ham-handed way than the new Saw's Renegades set (I mean, I love X-Wings so it's an exciting set, but...).
This is what ffg always does. AGoT and Netrunner both got 2nd editions.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 4th, 2018, 12:48 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

After a certain point it does usually make sense. Pathfinder is getting a 2nd edition. Next year (when the edition will actually release) will be the 10 year anniversary of the 1st edition.

Is X-Wing really that old? I guess it could be.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 4th, 2018, 07:23 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm all in. If you don't play competitively, stick to 1E; it's a good game.

If, however, you play competitively, this is AMAZING. All of the changes are great for the game. I'm extremely excited, and the cost is relatively cheap. Each conversion kit, which will update most of each of my factions (and I'll trade with some buddies to get more of what I need), costs less than three small ship expansions. That's a bargain when you're getting a much better game for competitive play as a result.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures