Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: Did You Vote This Election Day?
I am Registered, and I Voted! 35 50.00%
I am Registered, and I did NOT Vote. 4 5.71%
I am NOT Registered, and I did NOT Vote. 13 18.57%
I am too Young to Vote. 13 18.57%
I Don't Live in the U.S., so I can't Vote there. 5 7.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 7th, 2006, 01:17 PM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Im not registered nor will i vote. the polls will be miss counted anyway and then the guy who tossed around the most money will be in office.i believe this also keeps me out of jury duty another thing i do not wish to participate in i cant judge someone i do not know i also do not know the guy thats trying to get in office so to me either way someones gonna get screwed.

Ądn sʇɐɥʍ
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Don't think that I am having an Apathetic Nature towards voting, believe me when I say it's not easy for me to decide not to vote.

One of the candidates is actually a relative, you don't think I've been hounded by the family to vote. I know this person isn't any good and have said the same to my family, plus look at the choices I've got.

Right now Ohio's politicians are more full of $#!# than North Korea.

I never really considered a write-in and now that it has been mentioned that is more than likely the course I'll take.

So, Guys let's be careful and not turn this into a Debate thread, let's end this all here and keep this a "Did you or Did you NOT" thread! If you really feel the need to throw a bunch of thoughts at someone, just send them a pm,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I don't vote because I don't take the effort to get informed enough to make an informed decision.
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Im not registered nor will i vote. the polls will be miss counted anyway and then the guy who tossed around the most money will be in office.
Both of these are true to some degree, but the people who do these things rely on voter apathy. It is a very important tool to them. The fewer people vote, the easier it is to manipulate the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
i believe this also keeps me out of jury duty another thing i do not wish to participate in i cant judge someone i do not know i also do not know the guy thats trying to get in office so to me either way someones gonna get screwed.
You should look into why, historically, our legal system gives us the right to trial by jury by our peers and how fundamentally important this is. It might change your opinion on this obligation you have toward the society that gives you so much in return.
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:44 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
I am registered and will vote tonight after I take my kids back to their mom.
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I took the early voting route last week. Today I am giving all of my employees a three hour lunch break to go vote. If they choose not to then so be it, but I've given them all the opportunity to make their voices heard.
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
I took the early voting route last week. Today I am giving all of my employees a three hour lunch break to go vote. If they choose not to then so be it, but I've given them all the opportunity to make their voices heard.
Awesome! Good for you!!!! It should be a national holiday.
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:53 PM

Filbey has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
I don't vote because I don't take the effort to get informed enough to make an informed decision.

"Nevermind what they are selling , It's what your buying!"Fugazi

Sucsessfully Traded with Revdyer , CupidsArt, stay_golden_PONYBOY, and Eyeofsauron!Thanks, Filbey
Old November 7th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Netherspirit, I respect your wisdom in recognizing that a truly informed vote is the way to go, otherwise blindly voting for XYZ, with no knowledge about what you're voting for, isn't advisable.

Not that one needs to know 100% of all that is knowable, but what good is a vote for a candidate or party when you have no idea what you just voted for? And you would also run the risk of voting into office someone who holds the absolute opposite values you hold...

Might as well walk into the polling place and flip a coin...

Anyway, I applaud your wisdom NS.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old November 7th, 2006, 02:12 PM

Filbey has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000
Quote:
Netherspirit, I respect your wisdom in recognizing that a truly informed vote is the way to go, otherwise blindly voting for XYZ, with no knowledge about what you're voting for, isn't advisable.

Not that one needs to know 100% of all that is knowable, but what good is a vote for a candidate or party when you have no idea what you just voted for? And you would also run the risk of voting into office someone who holds the absolute opposite values you hold...

Might as well walk into the polling place and flip a coin...

Anyway, I applaud your wisdom NS.
Yes , but you only have to vote a few times a year.It gives you plenty of time to find out what canidates hold and support your values.This reason for not voting= being lazy. I'm not going after NS but the reason of not voting. Yes if you can't make up your mind on an issue then it is smart to leave it blank....But you should put out the effort to learn the issues and then vote.

"Nevermind what they are selling , It's what your buying!"Fugazi

Sucsessfully Traded with Revdyer , CupidsArt, stay_golden_PONYBOY, and Eyeofsauron!Thanks, Filbey
Old November 7th, 2006, 02:33 PM

outtakontroll is surprisingly tart
I voted this morning.
I have always said we need to get politicians out of office and put average ordinairy everyday citizens in place of politicians. I bet some changes would be made then.

...............outtakontroll

He who dies with the most toyz winz, But still diez!
Old November 7th, 2006, 03:42 PM

Dragonslayer is surprisingly tart
I don't live in the U.S. so I can't vote there. But of course I'm very interested in the outcome of this election day. I'll stay tuned...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General