Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 24th, 2023, 01:24 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI

Per the FAQ, Dan's Sharpshooter ability may not target the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Door Rules
Per the Fortress instructions: The Door may be attacked by a normal attack, a special attack, or by special powers that only cause wounds. The Door cannot be targeted or attacked by special powers that may “destroy” it in one attack.

Remember, that the Door is not a figure, but it can be targeted and attacked much the same way a figure is targeted and attacked, with some exceptions.

The Door does not have a size. Special Powers/Special Attacks that target or enhance the attacking figure if the defending “figure” is a certain size will not work. Examples: Deadeye Dan’s Ullar Enhanced Rifle Special Attack, Jotun’s Throw, Sir Denrick’s Giant Killer, & Gladiatron’s Cyberclaw.
The Door cannot be destroyed. Special Powers/Special attacks that even mention “destroy” as one of the effects cannot be used against the Door. Examples: Deadeye Dan’s Sharpshooter & Grimnak’s Chomp.
The Door is not a figure. Special Powers that are not necessarily an attack cannot affect the door. Examples: Morsbane’s Rod of Negation, Ne-Gok-Sa’s Mind Shackle, & Agent Carr’s Ghost Walk. Also, the door is not affected by Raelin’s Defensive Aura.
~Dysole, informationally
Old March 24th, 2023, 01:38 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Fortress Door vs.

Okay, so that rules him out then. Sojoah also is less appealing.
Old March 24th, 2023, 09:53 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

The problem with melee squad (range 1) units is that the the door only has two adjacent hexes (assuming you don't also have figures on the inside of the door - which if you did, you could just open the door), so the use of melee squads results in only two attacks on the door.

A boosted hero with multi attacks is probably the best approach. So, is a fully boosted Krug (2 base +7 wounds + 1 koshomet + 1 taelord + 2 attack glyph bonuses) gets 13 attack dice x 2 attacks. A hydra base of 4 with +1 taelord and +2 attack glyphs would be 7 attack dice x 4 attacks. Would have to do math to see which is better odds. I'm assuming you only have one of each glyph on the board. I guess it would also be possible to have a height advantage although that would be an odd map build.
Old March 24th, 2023, 10:05 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post

How many Order Markers does it take to destroy the Fortress Door?

Who are the top contenders for accomplishing this task in the fewest number of Order Markers?

Some avenues to explore:

A. Hero attempt, 1v1 (ie. no bonding).

B. A single squad (without bonding).

C. Army Assault (hero/squad bonding).

I plan on rolling some dice to see how it plays out at some point. So name your champions, make your predictions, and we'll see if the dice gods will smile down upon you or laugh in your face*.

*I'm not going to roll out every suggestion, but I'll try at least one of each match-up (A/B/C above).
A. If you autorize wounded heroes, then Krug, otherwise Jotun. Maybe Kaemon/Q9/Q10

B. Romans Archers, by far I think.

C. Definitely Krug with Arrow Gruts, wound Krug with Arrows Gruts then bash the door.
Well wounding Krug with arrow gruts can take some time lol, but I still think it's thet fastest way.

EDIT:
Didn't resist and went to check the stats:
Krug with 7 wounds: 2x 9v4+1auto shield = 4,51 wounds a turn --> 2.22turns
Jotun: 8v4 + 1 auto shield =1.806 wounds a turn --> 5.54 turns
Kaemon/Q10= 2x 4v4 = 1.864 wounds a turn --> 5.36 turns, so better than Jotun :O
Q9 = 3x 3v4 = 1,74 wounds a turn --> 5.75 turns, sightly slower than Kaemon and Jotun

B. I'm pretty sure romans archers wins that easily. 6v4 = 1.77 wounds a turn --> 5.65 turns

C.
So arrows gruts only deal, 0.444 wounds a turn to Krug, so my strategy is way too slow to wound up Krug fast enough.
Unfortunately only one Grok can attack the door with 5 per turn so that is very slow aswell.
It's weird but Kaemon alone still outspeed every bonding possibility I think.

All are pretty close it will come down to dice luck . x)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
A boosted hero with multi attacks is probably the best approach. So, is a fully boosted Krug (2 base +7 wounds + 1 koshomet + 1 taelord + 2 attack glyph bonuses) gets 13 attack dice x 2 attacks. A hydra base of 4 with +1 taelord and +2 attack glyphs would be 7 attack dice x 4 attacks. Would have to do math to see which is better odds. I'm assuming you only have one of each glyph on the board. I guess it would also be possible to have a height advantage although that would be an odd map build.
You forgot Finn spirit.

If you allow some kind of insane stuff and build like that I'm pretty sure Blastatrons can get a huge numbers of dices. Considering the door is height 10 with some janky ladder build you can get 4x2=8 adjacent Vydar robots, so that's already 9x4 then you add extrem height, taelord, 2 attacks glyphs and boom that's a 4 times 14 attack dices.

Arrows Gruts also, theorycally 1 arrow grut can be adjacent to a max of 12 swogs but I remove 1 swog so the Archer can see the Door, so that's 12 attack dice already then I add extrem height, Taelord, 2 attack glyphs and boom 3 attacks of 17.
So full boosted arrow gruts and full boosted Krug is by far the best.

Last edited by Foudzing; March 24th, 2023 at 10:54 AM.
Old March 24th, 2023, 11:12 AM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Kaemon/Q10= 2x 4v4 = 1.864 wounds a turn --> 5.36 turns, so better than Jotun :O
Well I'll be dashed; Kaemon kicks doors down better than Jotun.
Old March 24th, 2023, 04:15 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Interesting look into all the math there. KA/Q10 have the best chances to win a race based on the average. The hope of that one roll of all skulls by Jotun vs. a defense wiff for 7W in 1 attack continues to make him interesting. If a defense whiff happens for KA/Q10, the most they can score is 4W in the one attack. But then they get a second attack vs. a new defense roll. The possibility of multiple defense whiffs is then what makes Hydra interesting to me. Just keep hammering hoping for multiple W's inflicted per OM.
Old March 25th, 2023, 06:42 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Interesting look into all the math there. KA/Q10 have the best chances to win a race based on the average. The hope of that one roll of all skulls by Jotun vs. a defense wiff for 7W in 1 attack continues to make him interesting. If a defense whiff happens for KA/Q10, the most they can score is 4W in the one attack. But then they get a second attack vs. a new defense roll. The possibility of multiple defense whiffs is then what makes Hydra interesting to me. Just keep hammering hoping for multiple W's inflicted per OM.
Hydra is only 1.5 wounds a turn, the automatic shield of the door proccing 4 times is huge.
But ye all that is statistics , pretty much all options mentionned can win the race with some luck.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion