Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 21st, 2022, 09:50 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think if AoA has taught us anything, it is that dragons and by extension wyrmlings do not need to boxed into a preconceived notion about what they have to be.
Free your mind and the rest will follow. Don't be color blind, don't be so shallow.
And yet everyone insists on a Counter Strike wyrmling. sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
We know this iteration isnt busted in the slightest.
Really? It looks very similar to the version that failed in testing long ago. One less Defense matters, but Raelin-boosted will still be nearly as much of a problem as it was before.
Old November 21st, 2022, 10:53 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think if AoA has taught us anything, it is that dragons and by extension wyrmlings do not need to boxed into a preconceived notion about what they have to be.
Free your mind and the rest will follow. Don't be color blind, don't be so shallow.
And yet everyone insists on a Counter Strike wyrmling. sigh.

Quote:
We know this iteration isnt busted in the slightest.
Really? It looks very similar to the version that failed in testing long ago. One less Defense matters, but Raelin-boosted will still be nearly as much of a problem as it was before.
Unexpected response!

Yes we do, this was discussed as a suitable alternative 6 months ago. I dont expect anyone to take my word for it on the testing data Ive done, nor am I suggesting it be put in the SoV thread without having more recent testing. I want to be clear there.

I understand you dont like the counterstrike wyrmling, it is simply what this group of people do like.

Since you are here though, can we get thoughts on the more pertinent issue of the miniature we are looking at? That's always the roadblock and each time we have to find a new one because small dragons are popular.
Old November 21st, 2022, 11:05 AM

AStickInTheMud is surprisingly tart

If an outsider's perspective is welcome, why not restrict the amount of times the counterstrike ability can happen? Use markers on the card or add a "this power can only be used once each turn/round." This way it limits its ability to be a melee screen against squads since the counter ability can only wound a select number of units before it stops working.
Old November 21st, 2022, 11:09 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Since you are here though, can we get thoughts on the more pertinent issue of the miniature we are looking at? That's always the roadblock and each time we have to find a new one because small dragons are popular.
It's hard to tell from the picture. It depends on its size and how it looks alongside the others. It looks kinda low-quality in the picture.
Old November 21st, 2022, 11:11 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

Chill on discord linked me to a super cheap Dragon pack from Hobby Lobby that appears to be the correct size. I think our biggest obstacle is (as was historically) finding a miniature that sticks. https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Ho...ack/p/80959357
Not those cheap toys. Those are hot garbage--the lack of detail compared to existing wyrmlings is jarring. Use the Fizzbin's Treasury Green Dragon Wyrmling, and the Nolzur's unpainted one as backup, those two are actual Green Wyrmling minis. I can take a comparison pic with the other Wyrmlings...
Old November 21st, 2022, 11:12 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Fair enough, there are some more pictures on the discord. Chill just brought this one to our attention this morning. I'll try to edit in a picture later.
Old November 21st, 2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:

Chill on discord linked me to a super cheap Dragon pack from Hobby Lobby that appears to be the correct size. I think our biggest obstacle is (as was historically) finding a miniature that sticks. https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Ho...ack/p/80959357
Not those cheap toys. Those are hot garbage--the lack of detail compared to existing wyrmlings is jarring. Use the Fizzbin's Treasury Green Dragon Wyrmling, and the Nolzur's unpainted one as backup, those two are actual Green Wyrmling minis. I can take a comparison pic with the other Wyrmlings...
We cant.

I did a search on friday, could only find 30 copies. Are we allowed to submit stuff with that low of availability now? I thought the standard for a common figure was near or above 100.
Old November 21st, 2022, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:

We cant.

I did a search on friday, could only find 30 copies. Are we allowed to submit stuff with that low of availability now? I thought the standard for a common figure was near or above 100.
30 would be a stretch for a unique hero.
Old November 24th, 2022, 07:33 AM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's certainly disappointing to hear about the minis. Hopefully they do a reprint at some point, or failing that another company makes a green wyrmling we can use or something.

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman
Old November 25th, 2022, 01:33 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

I forgot about the pics, sorry!

D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Minis: W11 Green Dragon Wyrmling & Afflicted Elf [#WZK90029] pics:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iER...usp=share_link [overhead]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1phu...usp=share_link [side]

Short description: The Nolzur's unpainted mini is beefier than any 'Scape wyrmling, but fits in, justifying an Attack/Defense of 4. His arms & legs are twice as thick, his wing humerus is about twice as long, wings are outstretched but stinger denial isn't an issue. Wing width matches the White Wyrmling, body mass is closest to Blue's, nose to tail is same as our Black Wyrmling.

Availability:I'm assuming this figure line doesn't disappear?
If it passes, someone can put a painted image on the card--we've got Top.Men. locally.
Use it.
Wizkids 133
GameNerdz 24
MiniatureMarket 10
GnomishBazaar 21
a handful more (low single digits) on eBay.

Add in the Paizo Fizzbin mini count and we're ~230 total.

Last edited by UtahScott; November 25th, 2022 at 06:33 AM.
Old November 25th, 2022, 11:32 AM

This would be the most ideal i think, issue that comes to mind is that we are not yet allowed to submit unpainted miniatures to SoV. Do we do some ramp up and testing in anticipation of it?

The last word we received is "No" when megasilver asked if we could.
Old November 25th, 2022, 01:40 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm a big fan of Chill's proposed mini. It has the bonus of giving proxies for all the official wyrmlings, as well as customs fodder for people who want to make, say, a mini Kalagrith.

Not to mention, the Hobby Lobby dragons aren't D&D dragons, so it wouldn't provide the same theme break (in not having poison breath)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards