Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old February 15th, 2007, 08:12 AM

KevHead has disabled reputation
Wave 7 ( Began as Speculation Has been confirmed)

This was posted over on the Yahoo group by Paul
(no intent to steal his thunder just not sure if he comes here)
Store owner who got the info.

Heroscape Expansion Set Assortment Wave 7
Hasbro, Inc. This expansion series for Heroscape contains the following figure packs: Spearmen & Riflemen, Knights Templar, Fiends & Vampires, and Heroes of Elswin.

sku: MLB 42623006

Spearmen ( Japanese or Greek?)
Riflemen ( Western or more Rev.?)
Knights ( Cool)
Fiends/Vampires ( Bond with zombies/ghosts?)
Let the imagineering begin! :banana:

Just FYI
Old February 15th, 2007, 08:15 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Fiends & Vampires ?

Ok, I really really really like this game, but now they have officially won my heart. I do love me some fiends and vampires.

HASBRO, IF YOU ARE READING THIS. We just need some egyptians, a large werewolvem and more gorrilanators.
Old February 15th, 2007, 08:17 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
Of course, there's the inevitable doubt that clings to my way of thinking until I see it officially announced, but it does sound intriguing. I for one would like to see those two female elven wizards referenced/pictured in Thormun's Journal sooner rather than later. The elves need "MORE POWER! ARRR-ARRR-ARRR!" (/Tim Allen voice).

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old February 15th, 2007, 08:24 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
mmh interesting

ashigru =Spearmen

rifelmen = a western out law gang

Knights Templar? means this Knights,Templar ?
or just templar knights. then is one missing

Fiends & Vampires , demons and Vampires(please 3 hot womans)

Heroes of Elswin= (eswin?)
ok one kight leader
one vampire leader or demon leader
one kyrie
western leader
Old February 15th, 2007, 08:35 AM

Punisher_fan has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dra(gon)
Fairly certain it's The Knights Templar. In which case maybe they will be a common unit (since they were a rather large and very influential organization ) and shipped with two units in a pack ala the zombies. If this is the case and a Templar Knight hero is in the same wave it opens the door to what could be a quite formidable army. Personally I hope this is the case.

C is for Cookie. That's good enough for me.
Old February 15th, 2007, 08:35 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
sounds real sweet, i like the sound of it. knights templar especially. they could be an elite ground force, but it would be really sweet if they would be cavalry. good find, even if not true, good speculation
Old February 15th, 2007, 08:37 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Quote:

Yes sir, some succubus miniatures would be great. I agree 100% here.
Old February 15th, 2007, 08:57 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Spearmen and Riflemen both sound like Ashigaru.
Fiends and Vampires sounds like Demons and...Vampires! Red guy with sword?
Templars sounds very interesting. Makes sense I guess, Templars vs Vampires and Fiends.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 15th, 2007, 09:14 AM

dragonfire has disabled reputation
Quote:
mmh interesting

perv! Where was this info found. I hope the temp. knights arent' double packaged like the zombies. Id rather have something else.

My Signature
Old February 15th, 2007, 09:21 AM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_fan
Quote:
Fairly certain it's The Knights Templar. In which case maybe they will be a common unit (since they were a rather large and very influential organization ) and shipped with two units in a pack ala the zombies. If this is the case and a Templar Knight hero is in the same wave it opens the door to what could be a quite formidable army. Personally I hope this is the case.
More likely it's 2 different common squads that are from a similar theme. Similar to the Romans or the Grut orcs from wave 1.
Old February 15th, 2007, 09:21 AM

darth_stalker Woo who?
Perhaps HMG can confirm this soon. Not that I doubt any of this and not that I am less than thrilled about it, but still it would be nice to have a second source to confirm.

Help me doctor, I think I have hypochondria!
As the Chinese zombie said..."Blains!"
Old February 15th, 2007, 09:31 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Spearmen - definately Ashigaru. No doubt about it. Apart from the fact that the figures at the back of Craig's shelf clearly looked like typical Ashigaru straw headgear (and nothing remotely Greek), we *know* that Ashigaru are on their way at some point. This just confirms we get yari-armed Ashigaru. Commons, by the way.

Riflemen - not Ashigaru (they used arquebus - though I suppose you might get away with calling them musketeers). But soldiers have been identified as "riflemen" right from the 95th Rifles of Napoleonic times (WHat - no Sharpe fans here??) right up to modern day. Plus there's the mentioned possibility that they'll be cowboys equipped with longarms. My money is on them being either the 95th or a US Army rifleman squad armed with M16s (but with the possibility of a matching hero in the wave, I'd really love it if it was Sharpe). Also common.

Vampires - pretty self-explainatory. Only question is, are we talking "classic" vampires in long, dark cloaks and lace, or are we talking "modern" goth vampires, in, well, long dark cloaks and lace?? More likely to be unique (given that vampires tend to operate in small numbers). Though they might be the "foot soldier" variety, and have a vampire "prince" in the hero pack.

Fiends - I'll go wth the majority view, especially as Craig's room had some red figures (that I thought originally were the Obsidians). Commons or uniques? No idea.

Knights Templar - OK, it's obvious who these guys *are*. 12th/13th C knights, in chainmail, great helms, and surcoats. White with red crosses. THe interesting thing is why there should be just one type of figure in the box. With zombies it was obvious - not only is the zombie horde archetypal, but the very special ability of the zombies *requires* multiple squads. A "Templar horde" is no more archetypal than any other knightly horde (indeed, I would say that both are misnomers, and knights need be no more numerous than Airborne Elite, Minutemen or Legionaries). Unless there is something odd about how they work, there's nothing about the name which suggests a requirement to field multiple squads. So why package them on their own? The only answer that makes any sense to me is that we're looking at a *mounted* squad. Three knights, ON HORSEBACK (complete with lances and maces, rather than greatswords, perhaps). Probably common.

Heros pack? Well, pretty much anything is up for grabs here. I doubt we'll see a unique Ashigaru, and the Samurai probably have enough unique figures by now. A rifles officer is much more likely (whether it's a modern squad, or something from 200 years ago). A new Kyrie, perhaps. Maybe a Templar Grand Master (also mounted). But I'm taking wild guesses here. There are certainly other "posibilities" on Craig's shelf.

Main disappointment is no common gladiators. And nothing that screams "Ullar" or "Vydar" at me (though maybe Vydar will get the vamps). The Templars could be Jandar (who already has knights), or Einar (who will also get the Ashigaru). On the "plus" side, if someone's getting pack names now, I think that a release date of June/July is somewhat pessimistic.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News