Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 19th, 2008, 11:01 AM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Gen Con Exclusive 2008 revealed by WotC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I received a total of 14 Skahens this year. 1 personalized to me by Bunjee (thanks! ) and one signed by Craig.
So you just identified yourself as part of the problem?! How magnanimous of you....

No, that kid and his father played in almost every event. He deserves every promo he picked up!

Old August 19th, 2008, 11:05 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_golden_PONYBOY View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I received a total of 14 Skahens this year. 1 personalized to me by Bunjee (thanks! ) and one signed by Craig.
So you just identified yourself as part of the problem?! How magnanimous of you....

No, that kid and his father played in almost every event. He deserves every promo he picked up!
My mistake and I apologize. But when you advertise you got that many, it certainly comes across as bragging.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:13 AM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_golden_PONYBOY View Post
Quote:
Quote:

My mistake and I apologize. But when you advertise you got that many, it certainly comes across as bragging.
No worries. He should brag, some of his army drafts were vicious. Watch out for him next year!

Old August 19th, 2008, 11:18 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Not only that, he and his dad helped to the end with tear down. They deserved and earned everyone they received. I am sure they are going to distribute them to friends and family on their end. Clean and his dad were iron horse participants and iron horse volunteers. Having them at tear down was invaluable.

I understand the frustrations for those who have to struggle or pay to get their hands on one. However, please do not fault the posters who played multiple events and contributed to supporting the events for coming away with multiple Skahens. They gave of their time, money, and of themselves to make the events successful. Do not assume that everyone who has extras is looking to make a buck off of them.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 19th, 2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Do not assume that everyone who has extras is looking to make a buck off of them.
Very true.

Another shameless plug for the 3 extras I'm giving away:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=20863

V/r

PONYBOY

Old August 19th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

I walked away with 7. 1 got signed and put up, 1 got put up to save for my unopened collection. 1 is being given away at my NHSD event, 1 is being traded for EOV, 1 is being given to markwars if no one else got him one, 1 is being used to play with, and 1 is being sold to help pay for the hall for NHSD.
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Not only that, he and his dad helped from beginning to end for set up and tear down. They deserved and earned everyone they received. I am sure they are going to distribute them to friends and family on their end. Clean and his dad were iron horse participants and iron horse volunteers. Having them at tear down was invaluable.

I understand the frustrations for those who have to struggle or pay to get their hands on one. However, please do not fault the posters who played multiple events and contributed to supporting the events for coming away with multiple Skahens. They gave of their time, money, and of themselves to make the events successful. Do not assume that everyone who has extras is looking to make a buck off of them.
I couldn't agree with this more!! R˙chean is right! There were many folks like Retlaw, Stay Gold, Cleon, Onacara etc.. Who were there from open to close every day including Wed set up and Sunday tear down! They deserve to get paid back and if decided to sell their Skahens well go for it.... But most of these guys are going way beyond and hooking people up! And that's just insanely cool.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What he said!

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:50 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I was more than happy to help out it gave me extra time to talk to some people I did not get a chance to play against or hang out with after hours.
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

I am probably going to be in the minority here, but I applaud WOTC for giving out promos to nonHeroscapers. I think we have all gotten used to the attention that WOTC has given this site. Granted this site is a bastion of harcore HS fans, but we are a small part of the entire market. From a business point of view, we are not the reason for the Promo's existence. The real target for the promo is the marginalized gamer who does not plan to purchase Heroscape.

Let me use a D&D guy as an example. This D&D guy goes to Gencon. He gets a free figure for a game he has heard of but never played. He now has an excuse to buy the Master set to have an army to go with his free figure. WOTC has just made at least $40 from this little piece of plastic. If I were to go to Gencon and get a promo, it would not change my purchasing habbits any (I have already bought my master sets and I still will buy any new expansion that comes out) WOTC has actually lost money on me with the promo because they did not grow the market anymore. (They have actually made a little money because I need to buy a Nikita for a repaint).

As much fun as it is as a game, it is still a business that must be maintained.

I would rather that D&D guy get the promo because it is growing the Heroscape market share and keeping the product alive.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I was more than happy to help out it gave me extra time to talk to some people I did not get a chance to play against or hang out with after hours.
Agreed.

My quick little demos with passer-bys was awesome. I will make sure to volunteer early next year and make arrangements to help out a little more.

p.s. Those trophies were incredible! When I left, Kahrma had to meet the rest of the KC crew in the dealer's hall and he was stopped repeatedly and asked about the HS tourney's. He even had to pose for photos!

I can't wait to see what you come up with next year...

p.s.s I hate 's
Old August 19th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Let me just be blunt here!!

Promos are for promoting Heroscape. Gimme's promote ebay scalpage.

I want the promo's to be for participation only!! This increases participation tremendously!! Participation sells tickets, which make Gencon happy and makes the event organizers happy! It makes them want to do more events!! Which in turn make WOTC happy and solidifies the fanbase and gives a drive to the need for production to support the inevitable increase in demand.

Period/end of story

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News