Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old September 9th, 2021, 06:51 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Mandarin

If Lil Helm and Helm Jr. won't cut out Heroscape cards for their old man, how can you trust that they'll care for you in your old age?
Old September 10th, 2021, 10:57 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Mandarin

Sherman is going to bring some of his customs over for a playtest next month as he hosts for our regular game. Which heroic or nefarious characters will appear here on my table?

For a report on this upcoming session, check out our NYCG4 thread in my signature thread next month! (And thanks to higher tech Sherm for putting it there).
Old September 12th, 2021, 08:08 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Jean Grey

Here's another card I'll have to cut out soon, original X-Men team member Jean Grey:

She's one of the only designs of mine that uses a custom figure, since I suck at painting minis. I never found a reasonably affordable mini of her in this costume, so I repainted a Ms. Marvel mini to serve as my Jean Grey/Phoenix.
Old September 13th, 2021, 12:42 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Painting is passable for me . I would probably add a little detail to the face though.

I don't get Telekinetic Mastery? She picks up a DO then what?

They are your cards & it is up to you what you do or don't do, but I'm not a fan of seeing hyphenation in the middle of words (hyphenated concatenation of 2 words is different though ). But that is your aesthetic choice just thought I would point it out in case you missed it.
Old September 13th, 2021, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Painting is passable for me . I would probably add a little detail to the face though.
I applied a wash to the face - which is actually more in line with how official 'Scape handled faces - but it didn't seem to do much. Thankfully, I'm not super picky about that kind of stuff once I'm actually playing.

Quote:
I don't get Telekinetic Mastery? She picks up a DO then what?
She can pick up a DO and use it as per my Use Object house rule.

Quote:
They are your cards & it is up to you what you do or don't do, but I'm not a fan of seeing hyphenation in the middle of words (hyphenated concatenation of 2 words is different though ). But that is your aesthetic choice just thought I would point it out in case you missed it.
I usually avoid hyphenation too, but in this case I would've had to shrink the text size to avoid it, and my vision is not what it was 12 years ago, so nowadays I err on the side of more legible text on my cards.
Old September 30th, 2021, 08:32 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Hybrid

A couple months back, @chas and @IshMEL helped me playtest a custom of Hybrid, a villain from the old ROM series:

Special thanks for this one goes out to IshMEL for kindly supplying me with the mini for Hybrid, a Heroclix figure I didn't know existed until he brought it to one of the Gang of Four's meetings. I was super excited to find out there was a mini for the character, who was the villain in one of the more terrifying comics of my childhood.

Old September 30th, 2021, 09:01 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The Jean grey is better than some of my stuff. I hate painting faces.

And cutting out cards is the whole reason I started making poker cards. I don’t know how you bud do that. My hands would go on strike.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 30th, 2021, 09:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is pretty sweet.
I like that EW works on Commons.
Old October 1st, 2021, 06:07 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Our upcoming New York City Gang of Four Game will be a Sherman Davies Marvelscape game this Wednesday October 6, featuring a playtest of his Asgardian Destroyer. For brief details and eventually a game report, click on my signature line!

The NYCG4 is Sherman Davies, Chas, Taeblewalker, and Kolakoski. We've been playing almost without a break for 14 years, except for last year due to the Pandemic. Now we're back in the saddle again, with The Game That Refuses To Die!
Old October 2nd, 2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
The Jean grey is better than some of my stuff. I hate painting faces.
Yeah, faces are hard. Even when I used to paint more back in the day, I always hated them, especially eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That is pretty sweet.

I like that EW works on Commons.
Thanks, that power's been pretty useful to me on the handful of customs I've used it on.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; October 10th, 2021 at 05:30 PM.
Old October 20th, 2021, 09:22 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Destroyer

As chas says above, the Gang of Four played some games recently involving a custom I've been working on, the Destroyer:

I was really glad to get the Gang's help with this one, since it had some qualities that made it tricky to nail down solely via Theoryscape. There aren't too many walking melee units in this weight class to compare it with, either from the official Marvel set or my own customs. The limited ranged attack and the negative power made it even less like anything I could find, so my thanks goes out to the Gang for giving me a hand with playtesting.
Old October 21st, 2021, 06:47 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Destroyer

Wow, what a beast.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations