Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 24th, 2020, 12:45 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Doctor Fate (Kent V. Nelson) (Public Testing

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Doctor Fate

Army Test 1
Map: Island Plane Crash (Glyph of Wannok)
Units: Team 1 (850): Doctor Fate (260), Zatanna II (220), Superman (Kal-L) (370)
Team 2 (850): Viper (180), Taskmaster (270), Arnim Zola (200), Scorpion (Gargan) (200)

Pre-game thoughts: Team 2 has the slight edge when it comes to bonding, but T1 has a Superman. Zola is going to try to resurrect Taskmaster, but won’t hesitate to snag Dr. Fate if he possibly can. Taskmaster, Viper, and Scorpion all have nefarious ways to deal with MD characters as well.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: This game pretty clearly seems like an outlier. Not only did Fate never fail his Double Down roll (4 skull options and 4 blank options), but also Zola didn’t get to clone anything, which could’ve provided a big swing in the game.

Putting aside the crazy luck here, the combo of him and Zatanna feels extremely solid so far. Arnim Zola kept trying to chase after Zatanna, but everytime he got close...pop, Zee and Fate switched places and now he was just stuck with Fate again.

I’m definitely holding off on forming an impression until I get in another (hopefully less freakishly abnormal) game though.

Army Test 2
Units: Team 1 (850): Doctor Fate (260), Zatanna II (220), Superman (Kal-L) (370)
Team 2 (850): Captain America (240), Nebula (240), Venom (Mac Gargan), Creeper (125)

Pre-game thoughts: Repeat of the same Fate/Zatanna/Kal-L team as last time.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Well this was better...I guess?

I feel like this was a fluke game too, although not as bad as the first. Seems like if T1 had won initiative in Round 3 and taken out Venom before Fate was put down, that could’ve changed the whole course of the game. Fate himself didn’t really do anything of note.

Army Test 3
Team 2 (850): Captain America (240), Nebula (240), Venom (Mac Gargan), Creeper (125)

Pre-game thoughts: Rematch.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Narrow victory here, but taking out a Healing Factor character in endgame (even one as low-level as Creeper) is rough. Fate basically felt like he had Healing Factor here too, which sometimes was frustrating with Magical Defense.

Zatanna is especially tricky to pin down, especially once your opponent has less figures. Normally, it would make sense for the enemy to target her first, but if they tried, she’d just switch with Fate, leaving them in an even worse position. Maybe if the enemy had just tanked the LEAs from Supes to focus on Zatanna at the start, when they had enough figures to corner her, things would’ve gone differently.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: This is a very solid trio. Obviously Supes and Fate love the blanks that Zatanna hands out, but the fact that Supes is currently the strongest Mystery Man makes him an excellent pick for Fate’s revival as well.

Healing and Magical Defense will always be slightly frustrating for the opponent (see Raven), but the luck mechanics help balance that out. My main worry would be that Zatanna becomes a practically required draft for him.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I really dig the Double Down mechanic. The fact that you can burn the X OM as a get out of jail free card made it feel a lot less punishing than I originally thought it might be. Hand of Fate is awesome too, felt great to bring back Supes ASAP.
Here you go! Ran an extra rematch game to get a better feel of him.
Old March 24th, 2020, 01:21 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Thanks for the games! Nothing too alarming as of yet. Seems you had good luck, a low-impact, and then a slightly above average/close to average luck game? The good luck and low-impact ones notably ended in a decent win and a decent loss, with the most average game resulting in a very close victory. Point wise looking good.

As for the Zatanna pairing being a must. I'd say she's going to be a nice draft for sure, but having played him without her, I thought he managed just fine in his own synergy alone. The Mystery Men may not have the ability to adjust to a possible blank, but they do have quite a lot of good synergy of their own to warrant taking him in without Zatanna coming along. Power Girl, Hourman + Liberty Belle, and The Atom were all solid with him as well.

That said, his grand uncle has teamed with Zatanna at times, so Doctor Fate the character isn't out of place with her, and with Kent V. Nelson's love for gambling, the Zatanna pairing seems pretty in-theme at least. So I'm not too worried about it.
Old March 29th, 2020, 12:58 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Anything we particularly want to see as a focus in more testing?
Old March 29th, 2020, 09:02 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Anything we particularly want to see as a focus in more testing?
Not that I'm aware of. Zatanna II and the JSA seem like his best options and we've been hammering in on those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
PLAYTEST UNIT: Doctor Fate(Kent V. Nelson

Army Test
Map: Mountain Spring
Units: Doctor Fate(Kent V. Nelson)(270), Flash(Jay Garrick)(220), Superman(Kal-L)(370) (860) VS Black Adam(380), Black Manta(230), Professor Zoom(250) (860)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Mountain Spring
Units: Doctor Fate(Kent V. Nelson)(260), Zatanna(II)(220), Stargirl(150) 630 VS Black Alice(190), Obsidian(280), Count Vertigo(160) (630)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I think the Double Down Mechanic is awesome. I found myself using it every chance I got. I rarely used Dr.Fate's range. I was able to use Hand of Fate during the first test, well written. I like that it is once per game so that it is not overpowered and 2 health is plenty to turn the tide of battle.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I had fun playing with Doctor Fate, such a cool character. The only thing I wish is that he was more powerful, almost like a Dr.Strange equivalent. Let me know if there is any thing else you need.
2 close wins here, and the enemy teams lacked synergy so that's a good sign. I'm feeling pretty good overall.

Currently 5-2:

@250 1-1
Close loss.
Medium win.

@260 3-1
Close win.
Medium win. *luck in favor
Close-Medium loss.
Close win.

@270 1-0
Close win.

Let's bump him by 10 points(270) for the last set Ronin if you haven't started. If not, no worries.
Old March 30th, 2020, 01:23 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Not started yet, so I'll hit him at 270. Probably tonight, maybe not until tomorrow.
Old April 1st, 2020, 02:09 AM
Symbiotic

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Doctor Fate (Kent V) @270

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Doc Fate @270, Power Girl, Superman (Kal-L) (1040) vs Spider-Man (Peter), Atlas, Songbird, Faith, Kick-Ass, Oracle, Skrull x2 (1040)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Doc Fate @270, Wong, Zatanna (II), Superman (Kal-L), Healing Energy x2, Mystic Flames x2 (1000) vs Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, The Thing, Crystal (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Love this card. Really fun addition to the JSA.
Old April 1st, 2020, 02:38 AM

Thanks for the tests! Think we’re good to finalize at 270.

I propose a vote to move to Final Editing.
Old April 1st, 2020, 02:39 AM
Symbiotic

yea
Old April 1st, 2020, 02:42 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Doctor Fate (Kent V. Nelson) (Vote 4 Final E

yea
Old April 1st, 2020, 03:06 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

yea

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 1st, 2020, 03:25 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Yea

One minor edit.
Quote:
THE HAND OF FATE
Once per game, after a friendly Mystery Man or Protégé is destroyed, you may place or remove Wound Markers until the Hero has up to 2 Life remaining, and then place the Hero on an empty space adjacent to Doctor Fate.
For pasteability:
Quote:
THE HAND OF FATE
Once per game, after a friendly Mystery Man or Protégé is destroyed, you may place or remove Wound Markers until the Hero has up to 2 Life remaining and then place the Hero on an empty space adjacent to Doctor Fate.
Old April 1st, 2020, 07:56 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yea! Nice work on this one!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library