Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 23rd, 2020, 01:17 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Captain Cold (II) (public playtesting)

Dr. Jekyll’s tests:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
PLAYTEST UNIT: Captain Cold(II)

Army Test
Map: Alkali Lake
Units: Captain Cold(II), The Top, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard 615 VS Flash(Barry Allen), Batman(II), Robin(Tim Drake) 620
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Alkali Lake
Units: Captain Cold(II), Pied Piper, Girder, Captain Boomerang 605 VS Nightwing, Starfire, Changeling 600
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I treated Captain Cold like a captain should be treated I tried to keep him close but not too close. I didn't want him in the think of things because I didn't want to lose those extra turns. It was almost to much. I feel like if a rogue had a revealed order marker that round they should not be able to take an additional turn. I was only lucky once with the Rogue Contingency Plan. It was pretty sweet though, it helps alot when that's your next move. Flash Freeze really makes you think about who and where you want to move. You tend to send in a decoy to freeze first so you can move forward with the power house.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I had fun playing with Captain Cold. This is definitely a cool design and makes rogues a much bigger threat. I can't wait for the release! Thank you for letting me test him. Please let me know what I can improve on in my playtesting or if you are happy with this style.
Old March 23rd, 2020, 01:20 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hoo, some butt whoopings there by the Rogues.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 23rd, 2020, 01:41 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Not super surprised by the first game, cause the enemy army wasn’t all that solid. But that second game kicking the butt of a solid Titans build is something.
Old March 23rd, 2020, 01:55 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, taking down the Titans (without Top) in the 2nd game is an eye opener. Maybe we should rein something in somewhere. I just don't know what. I really like everything how it is.
Old March 23rd, 2020, 09:05 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I have a few ideas for tweaks:
- Change the bonding to move or attack, not full bonding
- Remove Flash Freeze for something useless like Ice Resistance
- Reduce Range on everything to 5, forcing Cold more into the action

I’m not sure the latter changes would be enough, so I’m leaning towards the first option. I’m open to ideas though if anyone else has anything.
Old March 23rd, 2020, 09:07 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Him not having Ice Resistance is weird to me either way. Did I miss discussion on that?
Old March 23rd, 2020, 09:12 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You could force both Rogues taking turns to be within 6 clear sight spaces of Cold. That'd get him in the action more.

Not surprised he's coming in a bit strong. He's basically Professor X for Rogues with beefier stats.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; March 23rd, 2020 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Stupid typo
Old March 23rd, 2020, 09:13 AM
Archie

We never discussed it. I thought it was weird too, but Cold (I) doesn’t have it either.

Also I do like Jekyll’s idea for a change, so that’s another option.

Both Rogues being in 6 spaces is smart. Maybe that combined with the Flash Freeze removal.
Old March 23rd, 2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
We never discussed it. I thought it was weird too, but Cold (I) doesn’t have it either.

Also I do like Jekyll’s idea for a change, so that’s another option.

Both Rogues being in 6 spaces is smart. Maybe that combined with the Flash Freeze removal.
Hmm, I realized looking through the thread just now that I neglected to run the calculator here. My bad! The current draft in the SP would come in at about 240, I believe.

Are you wanting 200 to be his ceiling? If so, I'd suggest the following:

-1 Range (5 points)
-1 Defense (15 points)
Either 6 spaces for both Rogues (20 points) or change to Ice Resistance from Flash Freeze (25 points)

Fwiw, I like Flash Freeze, so I'd probably go -1 Range, -1 Defense, and put both Rogue activations at 5 spaces (to match the reduced range). I think that'd put 200 as more his ceiling.

Old March 23rd, 2020, 09:21 AM
Just A Head

Yeah, I’m leaning towards keeping Flash Freeze if at all possible just cause it’s the only cold power on our Captain Cold.
Old March 23rd, 2020, 09:23 AM
Archie

I feel like 200 is a thematic ceiling. It’s not the end of the world if he goes above that, but a bigger change is needed now.

Your suggested tweaks seem like a good path forward (-1 range to everything, -1 defense, both Rogues must be within 5 spaces). But I’ll let some other people pitch in their thoughts before deciding on something.
Old March 23rd, 2020, 09:27 AM

Sounds good. Just let me know. Planning to at least set up my tests tonight.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library