Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old August 10th, 2015, 09:26 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: For Which Game(s) and Scenario(s)?

There are also different Planeswalkers in the same colors. For example, to expand White, you could add Elspeth and her soldiers, or you could insert Ajani and his kitty brood. Multi-colored would be a nice touch, but I'm curious about how their spells would work out.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old October 20th, 2015, 12:19 PM

TheGeneral has disabled reputation

Could someone make cards for the AOTP squads into classic heroscape cards and adjust them to make them competetive
Old October 20th, 2015, 12:43 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
Could someone make cards for the AOTP squads into classic heroscape cards and adjust them to make them competitive
I concur, but I'm not holding my breath since I'm still waiting to see HS style stat cards for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and a whole bunch of LotR and SW figures.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old October 22nd, 2015, 09:57 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
Could someone make cards for the AOTP squads into classic heroscape cards and adjust them to make them competitive
I concur, but I'm not holding my breath since I'm still waiting to see HS style stat cards for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and a whole bunch of LotR and SW figures.
To truly balance cards, even just to switch them over to another format takes a bit of time. To get them right, and keep them unbroken,(and fun) there is quite a process including quite a bit of play testing. I thought about trying to revive the HOME thread to get some Legitimately tested LOTR and HOBBIT figures out there, but found just getting it all started right with enough support and playtesting it would be monumental. I Imagine that C3G would probably get on the TMNT project as soon as some reasonable figures come out. I heard there was some talk a while back about TMNT heroclix, not sure. I hear you on the Star Wars talk. That is going great, but always could use more play testers. That is ultimately how the designs get honed in. Its also a great way to give your own input on the figure design. As far as the Magic conversion cards, I think thats a great idea but one I can't get into at the moment. You might be able to try to get a team together and attempt it. Thats what I would suggest.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 22nd, 2015, 10:38 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
They are coming.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 27th, 2015, 11:01 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@japes , aren't the turtles coming in through C3G. Any news on the rumored news of Turtles heroclix.

Old October 27th, 2015, 11:20 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@japes , aren't the turtles coming in through C3G. Any news on the rumored news of Turtles heroclix.
Two have gone through Public Playtesting and there may be another one waiting in the wings if the current list of playtest units gets cleared out...

As for the Clix...that's the word but I don't know when they are due out. I think I heard February last time.?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 27th, 2015, 02:07 PM
"like" happy

Duh, I just remembered I ran some PT's for Donatello.

Old October 27th, 2015, 04:43 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Duh, I just remembered I ran some PT's for Donatello.
That's what I thought and I figured you were fishing for information so I didn't give you anything more than the official statement. Want more...playtest.

Old October 27th, 2015, 08:17 PM
"like" happy

@japes , I PT for the HOSS team like crazy, but I may jump back into some C3G games to move it along. I'll have to see if I have any more time to do that stuff. It took me a couple of weeks to get those tests for you guys last time and I don't like to sign up for stuff and not deliver on a decent timeline. I keep an eye on those and bug you guys.

Old February 5th, 2016, 11:11 AM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker

I got caught up in converting MtG decks into playable in AotP or HS figuring out mechanics can be tough Clone took me 2 days to figure out and really will not be finalized until I have fleshed out more core rules ..like ( Player ) this term has no meaning in HS or AotP so far as I know...So I am struggling with what to do with it ..So far I am leaning towards giving a Player ( Plainswalker or not ) 20 Hp like in MtG so spells that target a player can work esp Direct damage, since even a 7 HP Plains walker would be over run by just lightning bolts and BLUE is funky due to how many spells affect target PLAYER.. While I am not part of the C3G group I have 10 years worth of customs and even for my systems converting figures takes awhile. I am sharing my works this time around since I have Internet but things will be raw as my picture skills suck and I also suck at making HS cards ..Confed seems good at this, look up his works as he is getting discouraged by his post traffic. I make all my stuff for me and my player group.

ALL ARE ONE
Old February 5th, 2016, 11:40 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

They are coming.
That's awesome news, and I'm not even a TMNT fan. Thanks.

For any one that wants to get a jump on this project and acquire TMNT figures before the HeroClix ones are available - I found some at a store called "Five Below" that are all around New Jersey. I don't know if this is a national chain franchise or if you'll have one near you.

These are toys and not game pieces, so they are a little bigger than most HS models, but not terribly huge. They are about as big as Taelord or the Ice Troll and may need to have a double-hex peanut base, but the sculpted poses are really cool. I like them and pick up a set. They also come as a key-chain attachment with an "eye-loop" screwed into their backpack, which can easily be removed.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Competitive Armies Discussion