Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 21st, 2021, 01:48 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Shiftrex Customs (11/20/21... Abalin)

Thanks for looking, I'll get that wording error corrected.

I'll try to run some tests after picking something direct for it but I recall that last time I did this the single activation figure was quite underwhelming. I don't play draft/counter pick. Funny enough that was what I talked about in design notes is that the main complaint about 5e rangers is how their favored enemy trait works because it functions poorly if you are just locked into one species of enemy forever lol!
Old November 21st, 2021, 05:46 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

D'oh!

Add a couple that would normally be enemies of them...Wolves, Doggins, Undead and / or hunters. It doesn't need to be one specific but it, to me anyway, should be specified.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 21st, 2021 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Undead: The normal enemies of Deer!
Old November 21st, 2021, 10:30 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Abalin: Definitely did great work on the theme with this one, and a great sculpt to boot Heroscape certainly lends itself better to Favored Enemy than D&D does just because games are short (honestly the D&D Ranger has plenty of problems beyond just the favored enemy niche and that's a whole other can of worms...)

I do think an auto-die on attack and defense is pretty strong though. You're looking at a 5/5*/7/5/6 at 70 points when it's working, with enhanced movement no less. A lot of armies have the same species as well, and even if they're highly mixed he can still at least ruin one specific hero's day at minimum. I could absolutely see him as a 2/2 default. Additionally the visual of him prancing across lava rivers seems rather strange. I guess he can only cross rivers 3-hexes wide at maximum which isn't too far-fetched a leap, but still. Could make it only work on land spaces if that's an issue. Or give him a Bound-type power like Kursus (or maybe even one that gives him two short leaps)

Nonetheless for a single-attacking Ranger hero he's much better designed than Brandis, so kudos on your work here.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old November 21st, 2021, 11:09 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love Abalin! Just got that mini myself!
Old December 1st, 2021, 10:57 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks Knox! Glad you like him, let me know if the unit gets used in a game or two

TAF, yeah you have some good points there. I'll move him down to 2a/2, I'm not sure how to do multiple bounds without making the card a cluttered mess so I think I'll live with him bounding across 3 hex wide hazards, just ignoring land space effects doesn't matter with anything except deep snow. I think i'm ok with the visual of either just bounding or stepping on the bits of slag that hasn't turned to molten lava that should be peaking out of volcanic areas.

Great suggestions, edits will go in today.
Old December 1st, 2021, 11:24 PM

Re: Shiftrex Customs (6/18/21... Lepiota-Myconid)

- - - - - - -

AGENT FAUX
SHAPESHIFTING INFILTRATOR

The figure used is Changeling #018 from Rising from the Last War.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • AGENT SKAHEN: Cover Fire
    Having a Tricky personality, Agent Faux may benefit from Agent Skahen's COVER FIRE.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • [b]OTONASHI: Tricky Speed 4
    Since Agent Faux has a Tricky personality, if Otonashi starts her turn adjacent to him, she may add 4 to her move.

COMMAND COURIER : COMMAND DISPATCH
    As a Medium Unique figure who follows Vydar, Agent Faux may take a turn when a Command Courier uses COMMAND DISPATCH.

Comments and ideas welcome! Agent Faux is in early design, drafted this up early in November and then ordered the figure in. I think that Agent Carr and Skahen are quite awesome but neither of them leverage the espionage assassin angle, Carr has swords on lock and Skahen has guns down so Faux will be the espionage and martial arts angle. Hope everyone can get some use out of this cool unit that goes deep behind enemy lines and has some unique turn flexing ability.
Old December 3rd, 2021, 03:29 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shiftrex Customs (12/1/21... Agent Faux)

Very interesting mechanic! I think she may be just a little underpriced judging by her stats, phantom walk and other potential. Referring to Agent Faux as they in the abilities is strange to me since she is unique. Maybe it's over my head. The list of Unique human heroes could be added to the synergies lists. Could pull them directly from Ebon Armor's book.
Old December 3rd, 2021, 02:32 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds
Very interesting mechanic! I think she may be just a little underpriced judging by her stats, phantom walk and other potential.
I was actually going to say Faux was overpriced at first glance since their main use would seem to be bailing an injured important bonding hero out of danger via Startling Reveal. But even then if you swap out Marcus or Gilbert for that 4 Attack you're losing their adjacency auras. But then perhaps I'm underestimating that 7 Move and Phantom Walk.

If Faux is overpowered you could swap out the X Marker from the beginning of the round to revealing it in order to use Startling Reveal so it's a once-per-round thing which makes more sense to me. And you could have it work without necessarily needing to take a turn with Faux which could make it trickier.

Quote:
Referring to Agent Faux as they in the abilities is strange to me since she is unique. Maybe it's over my head.
I think either Faux is a them/they or as a shapeshifter their original sex is unknown or nonexistent a la the Tleilaxu Face Dancers in Dune.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 3rd, 2021, 03:57 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd like to see Agent Faux with 2-3 attack at a lower point total. Very interesting mechanic though. You can basically get Alistair MacDirk all the way up to the front of the battle with 7 move and Phantom Walk, then retreat him as soon as he gets a bunch of wounds - at which point your MacDirks are swarming. He's pretty deadly with the MacDirk army.
Old December 21st, 2021, 09:27 PM

Re: Shiftrex Customs (6/18/21... Lepiota-Myconid)

Update to Xue Shen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
- - - - - - -

Xuè Shén
HELLSPAWN MONK

The figure used is Hellspawn Monk #008 from Darklands Rising.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

• SKULL DEMON : Valkrill Attack Aura 1
    As a Valkrill follower with a Range of 1, Xuè Shén may benefit from the Skull Demon's VALKRILL ATTACK AURA 1 ability
  • MORGOLOTH : Demon Leadership
    As a Demon, Xuè Shén gains one additional move if you also control Morgoloth
  • ACOLYTES OF VORGANUND : Blood Summoning/Dark Pact As a Unique Demon Hero, Xuè Shén may be chosen as a bound hero to be summoned by the Acolytes of Vorganund and may take turns with DARK PACT
  • - MASTER LAO XIN : Sifu
    As a monk hero, Xuè Shén may benefit from Master Lao Xin's SIFU activation bonus.
  • -MASTER WIN CHIU WOO : Master's Influence[/B]
    As Monk, Xuè Shén may benefit from Master Win Chiu Woo's MASTER'S INFLUENCE attack, and defense bonuses.
Synergy Benefits Offered
n/a

Comments and ideas welcome! Xuè Shén is in the later stages of design and she helps to fill out some things that I think the monks need, namely something to threaten bigger figures and cut through high defense. Also fills in the final spot for a monk hero if we were going for the completionist achievement in that class.
Old December 27th, 2021, 09:25 PM

Re: Shiftrex Customs (12/21/21... Xue Shen update)

- - - - - - -

Skreek
FUTURISTIC SCOUT

The figure used is Jinsul Warrior #001 from Planets of Peril.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

• - LAGLOR : Vydar’s Range Enhancement Aura
    Being Vydar units with a range greater than 4, Skreek may benefit from Laglor’s VYDAR’S RANGE ENHANCEMENT AURA.

- VENOC WARLORD : Scout Leadership
    As a Scout, Skreek may benefit from Venoc Warlord’s SCOUT LEADERSHIP movement bonus.

- AGENT SKAHEN: Cover Fire
    Having a Tricky personality, Skreek may benefit from Agent Skahen's COVER FIRE.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - OTONASHI: Tricky Speed 4
    Since Agent Carr has a Tricky personality, if Otonashi starts her turn adjacent to him, she may add 4 to her move.

Comments and ideas welcome! Skreek was designed a long time ago as a goal to branch out into some sci-fi customs because I don't generally do that or play with them. Fills a fun role in showing off how advanced technology can be used against weaker units by increasing mobility instead of just firepower.
Old December 30th, 2021, 03:04 PM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker
Re: Shiftrex Customs (12/27/21... Alien Scout)

Skreek is awesome! I love the use of the teleport glyph as it is not a mechanic that has been used before! Balance wise, he looks good, He has lots of cool synergy, and the glyph power seems like it would be really fun to use! Only thing I notice is that the second power is called "Teleportation Device", but the power text refers to is as "Emergency Evacuation".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards