Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 7th, 2020, 02:13 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Crossbones (Public Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I like Bats last take on it. If it is somewhat limited in who you can grab, I think you could get away with it being automatic. Not sure why no one likes the Human restriction on Human shield, solves lots of problems with theme, outside of a few oddball humans like Iron Man.

HUMAN SHIELD
Anytime Crossbones rolls defense against an attack and would receive 1 or more wounds, you choose 1 human figure other than the attacking figure that is adjacent to Crossbones. The chosen figure receives one of the wounds from the attack instead of Crossbones, or all of them if it is a figure you control.
I think strength level makes a lot more sense than species. There are plenty of weak non-Human figures, and even within his faction (Terrorists) there are Clones, Mutants, etc.

If you like that option, vote D. I'm hesitant to add another option to the poll atm. I'd rather work out the skeleton of the power then adjust from there.
Old February 7th, 2020, 02:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Fair enough. It would be cool to have him grab say a Kree Soldier to use as a shield. I'll vote D. Seems like a shame after all this time to completely drop the human shield concept and just reuse a power, although the simplicity of C is appealing.
Old February 7th, 2020, 04:27 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I've been really lost with this conversation, but what's wrong with the current Human Shield? If it's because it's hard to activate, just nix the non-adjacent clause. I love the theme of him using opponent's figures, I really don't want to lose that.

So what am I missing?
Not sure. That was my initial suggestion as well.
Same here. I'm very happy with where Human Shield ended up - it oozed theme and felt iconic and interesting. It's honestly where a lot of my interest in the card comes from. I'd hate to see it more pedestrian for the sake of snipping clauses from a card that's already pretty simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
If I was a terrorist using a human shield, I'd be grabbing innocent bystanders first and foremost over my own men. That's a piece of theme that made me excited about this design and I think it would be a huge shame to lose it.
This. Exactly this. Even if it's less likely to trigger in general, it'll make for awesome moments when it does. Plus, part of that aspect for it, is to make your opponent think twice before attacking him if there's a potential hostage - just as a human shield would! You can't guarantee that that sniper shot's going to leave Captain America or whoever unharmed, so you may choose not to risk it. I think that's just as important as how often it actually turns up.

If we want it to be automatic with friendlies, simple - bump the roll bonuses for Common and friendly so that, all told, the roll for them is just a 1+, and therefore automatic. Best of both worlds.

I strongly vote A.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 7th, 2020, 05:05 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, after reflection I think I like A with the bonus being 6 and 6 (might as well make it fully automatic for friendly commons) and it transferring all the wounds instead of one.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 8th, 2020, 12:52 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

Put me down for D, especially with a low roll.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
Old February 8th, 2020, 01:12 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

@Lord Pyre , you sounded like an A from your comment? Is that your vote?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 8th, 2020, 01:19 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think he was a D. That being said, while I’m still waiting a little bit for a potential japes comment, I think I’m going to go with A.

While votes are a bit split all 3 ways, it’s pretty clear that if you combine the A and D votes that the majority of us are invested in keeping the enemy figures bit. A is the most complex option but I think it does the best of meshing the opponent’s figures bit with what I find important about the power.
Old February 8th, 2020, 01:52 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

A and d are very similar. I donít like the last clause in d since itís unneeded complexity. Otherwise Iím good with either.
Old February 8th, 2020, 04:19 PM
His sweat is highly explosive

Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun

My preference here is B then D.
Old February 9th, 2020, 04:18 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Of those choices of probably lean C but I'd actually really enjoy a mashup of A and D the most.

The thing I don't like in A is the only one wound being blocked.

I'd push for something like this...

HUMAN SHIELD 12
Anytime Crossbones rolls defense against an attack and would receive 1 or more wounds, you may immediately choose an adjacent small or medium figure without the Super Strength special power that is not the attacking figure. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 5 to the roll for each of the following that is true:
• You control the chosen figure.
• The chosen figure is common.
If you roll 12 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound instead, or all of them if it is a figure you control.

Quote:
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old February 9th, 2020, 04:24 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So either way Crossbones avoids the attack and his teammates take the full but but for balance reasons the opponents figure would just receive one wound.

Quote:
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old February 9th, 2020, 05:05 PM
His sweat is highly explosive

Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun

Could just have the chosen figure take 1 wound and block the entire attack. Essentially the same thing, except for Crossbones.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library