Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 26th, 2012, 09:33 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
lol! Will do guys... now the challenge is getting the package into the house without too many eyes seeing it.
Tell her its prize support for TotalCon..then bring them home out of the outside box after the convention and tell her you won them.

(sorry Mrs nyys...I'm an enabler)
Old January 26th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Two neat little Task Force Game titles from 1979 called Survival and The Barbarian. The latter is a little better than the first one, but both are challenging minigames that can be played solitaire or with an opponent.

Here's part one of the two-part review I wrote about them. With pics!

And here's part two.

Old January 26th, 2012, 11:19 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Thunderstone x1 tonight. I was the victory by 12.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old January 28th, 2012, 10:33 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

Just played the Thermopylae scenario (300 Spartans Battle) in the new C &C Ancients Expansion: The Spartan Army as the Spartans. After a long fight, I won by one point! Whew!

I destroyed the sneaky Persians who got into my rear by using the "hidden" pass to get behind me. I used the first two turns to prepare for their trickery, and then on Turn Three: BANG! THERE THEY WERE! They captured my camp from the rear, but didn't get to take a wall hex away from me before I knocked them out out.

This was just one part of a very hairy struggle. King Leonides was killed historically.

There is another version of this fight provided, which we'll try out next time.
Old January 29th, 2012, 01:40 AM

Omahavice is surprisingly tart

10 hours of gaming at The Game Shoppe today.

Blood Bowl: Team Manager
We got in a 3-player game of this and it was a blast. I played the Dwarves and finished 2nd to the Skavins. Those CHEATERS!

Stone Age
This was my first time playing this game F2F after logging about 10 games on BSW and Yucata. This was a 4-player game and the other 3 players had played it several times before. I had the most huts and civilization cards and lapped the field for an easy win. I had 227 and the 2nd place player only had 145. Very fun worker placement game.

Kingdom Builder x3
We got in 3 games of Kingdom Builder. 2 games with 3 players and 1 game with 4 players. I dont know why but I love this game even though I finished in LAST place in all 3 games.

Dominion x4
I never get tired of Dominion. In a couple of the games we used all of the Promo cards and for the Black Market pile we used EVERY single Dominion card from every expansion. Every game was very close with each victory margin begin 3 points or less. I won 2 and finished 2nd in the other 2.

Tournament Record
Good Trades List

DaBoyzRule 5 Time Super Bowl Champions Working on Number 6
Old January 29th, 2012, 08:53 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

Played the first 3 of 6 new Crete scenarios for Memoir 44 that you get if you buy Campaign Book #2 (and made plans to play some scenarios in that too). Lost all three as the British/Cretans to the German paratroopers. The last one I could have won if I had rolled to kill two Germans, but only got one of them!
Old January 29th, 2012, 10:44 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got in a game of Warmachine yesterday. I was pretty terrified of the Warlock I had to face, but Behemoth managed to pick apart her army pretty well for the win.
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:34 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Played two games last night.

1x Castle Ravenloft
We played the mission in which we must escape with Strahd's treasure before sundown. We had such an awesome strategy. We drew the alarm trap fairly early. We converged to a tile that kept the monsters from the alarm 2 tiles away. As they'd approach us, we'd hit them with everything. We built much experience points to cancel dreadful encounters, and since we weren't exploring, the sun track stopped moving at 4. Eventually we ran out of experience points and had to eat encounters. We successfully escaped with 12 treasure, but were badly wounded. We had no more surge tokens and the fighter, cleric, and ranger each had 1 hit point left with the wizard only having 2 hit points left.

1x War of Honor
Tina chose the Dragon clan and I the Scorpion clan. Our armies went back and forth with each other every turn and the match was aggressive from both sides. It was pretty exciting for us. I took the victory on this one.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:13 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Got in more games that I was expecting this weekend.

Neuroshima Hex! x4 - After downloading the app early last week it got the juices flowing to get the pulp version to the table again. Not sure what happened, but something 'clicked' for my son (first win will tend to do that) and that's all he wanted to do this weekend.

Eruption x1 - I thought I had this one in the bag. My son was bombarded from the start so it was an uphill battle the whole way for him. My daughter wasn't far behind him, though for her it was just poor dice that was giving her fits since she was actually in pretty good shape as far as the lava flows went. Me, I was sitting pretty, well back of the danger zone. Next thing I know, I get hit from all angles with unbostructed lava flows and by the time my son went beyond the point of no return (triggered end game), I was one space behind him with my daughter brining up the rear for the win. Good times.

Wooly Bully x1 - Got destroyed by my wife in this one. I got backed into a corner and was waiting for one particular tile to come up, but it never did.

Lots of Words with Friends on the iTouch, which I consider to be Scrabble. Completed 4 ongoing games this weekend.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old January 30th, 2012, 11:05 AM

ifstream Woo who?

Played thunderstone 10 X over last week with four of us playing, I won 9 of the 10 times.
Old January 31st, 2012, 10:24 AM

First game with a live partner of Yggdrasil. As Frey with Taeblewalker as Freya, we actually won! Of course, that was at the simple level, with no Angry Enemy or Ragnarok cards. Still, I had lost in three solitaire games, so I'll take the win as an omen of battles to come.
Old January 31st, 2012, 10:52 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got in a game of Summoner Wars last night. My Sand Goblins weathered out the initial assault of the Swamp Orcs and managed to gang up to stay ahead of the magic race. Biter and Kreep hunted down Muglugg, but he managed to get some Shaman kills to plug up a lot of the map with vines. In the end, Stilts appeared and swapped places with his blocking champion to put the final wounds down on Gluggy.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games