Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 22nd, 2012, 12:09 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Last night I started a new AD&D campaign via video conference with some old friends from HS...had a blast and cant wait for our next session.

Today's snow eliminated us from going to Game Day at Taeblewalkers But we did get to play Arkham Horror with the Kinsgsport Expansion...we won!!!...then we played Ygddrassil twice...and lost both games but still had a great time

Ditto

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 08:08 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Since Chas was here, we played Mansions of Madness (I won as the Keeper) and BattleLore (I won as the French/Dwarves). The latter was a very close game, and a real nail-biter! We are going to play some more BattleLore today, and most probably Yggdrasil.

Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:27 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Warhammer, Malifauax and Dungeon Run yesterday. Looking forward to some more gaming today.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Stayed with friends for a few days while we had some basement work done. That plus, Rochester Game Day meant a lot of good gaming:

Played Caylus on Friday. I still haven't seen anything work as well as just building in the castle as fast as possible. My wife won shortly after we reached the gold mine. I do really enjoy this game though.

I got in a couple of games of Warmachine yesterday at the game day. One game was just a demo for someone interested, that went as demos go. My real game was against Cygnar, who got a great shot at my caster with the Black 13th that nearly killed Sorscha, but let me use her feat the next turn to wipe the right side of the board clean.

I also peaked over at Jormi's Malifaux game and thought it looked quite good. The sinister art style doesn't appeal to me at all, but the game looks quite solid. I'm not sure why, but the card system felt better implemented there than what I'd seen of Puppet Wars.

I ended up ducking out a little early though, as we had spent most of the morning and night before building Super Dungeon Explore. Those minis are absolutely ridiculous, being pointlessly complicated with more involved assembly than my Warmachine stuff. Some of the things, like one figure's bangs being a separate piece and a staff made of two pieces drove me nuts.

The game, though, was interesting. I played the Consul and frankly, it got pretty frustrating with the Paladin's ability to regularly nullify any damage I had done at any time from anywhere on the board. You kind of have to let go of the feeling that you're going to accomplish anything in the early game though, as the ability to kill the players really doesn't kick in until the bosses show up. Once the ogre and dragon showed up, I was able to pick them apart and win the game. It needs a few more plays and some expansions, but I can see this being my favorite kind of dungeon crawl.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:11 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
We had 8 players at my house today. We got in a game of Shadows over Camelot where the traitors won, 3 games of Resistance where the spies one twice, a game of Eldersigns, a game of 7 Wonders, and 3 games of Bang! It was a great time and I am looking forward to doing it again!
Don't forget Drakon.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:29 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
We had 8 players at my house today. We got in a game of Shadows over Camelot where the traitors won, 3 games of Resistance where the spies one twice, a game of Eldersigns, a game of 7 Wonders, and 3 games of Bang! It was a great time and I am looking forward to doing it again!
Don't forget Drakon.
I was going to back and add that one as an edit. I almost won Drakon...
Old January 22nd, 2012, 06:30 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Played a game of Thurn and Taxis with my dad. He destroyed me. The 10 point swing on 2 players for the 7-distance carriage seems almost insurmountable...

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old January 22nd, 2012, 06:47 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Just got home from playing a 15mm minis wargame with Tomorrow's War rules. It's set slightly in the future and we had French Foreign Legion Marines moving through a middle eastern like city to capture a building thought to be used for making explosives by the enemy insurgents. Cools stuff.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:45 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Today we got in Cleopatra and the Society of Architechs I won by a large margin but only because my daughter had 1 more corruption marker than I did, saving me from being thrown to the crocodiles again.
Then we played Niagara where I thought I was going to win only to have Dylan steal my gem and claim the win.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 09:25 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Magestorm this weekend... fantastic game! Lots of new and innovative stuff going on in this one... at least for us.

The publisher of this one either went out of business or is in flux so all planned expansions are in limbo right now. I really hope it gets sorted out... chomping at the bit for more of this one.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old January 22nd, 2012, 09:32 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played Undead and Unrest the Boardgame as well as Dark Horse and Thunderstone.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:04 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We had a little spare time tonight so my wife and I played a quick game of Quarriors. I won, 21-16!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games