Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 17th, 2014, 01:16 PM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Reaper Kobolds (Design/Brainstorm

You are right that it should be a special attack, for the exacts points you made. It was just a sketch, an idea.

I'm not against Mob Attack, actually. I like the simplicity and the fact it is an existing power and right on the theme (swarm). Also, Mob Attack don't need you to activate more than 3 kobolds to become effective.

Whatever the power we find, I think it should meet this criteria :
- be a little suboptimal with only 3 kobolds activated
- be very potent when you activate 9 kobolds.

Think of the MacDirk. When the champion has no wounds, they are a 4 men squad with 2 attack and 2 defense. When Alastair has 5 wounds, they can ditch out 4 attacks of 7 (8 with height) per turn ! That's a lot !

If we go with a power like Coordined Attack, that add +2 attack dice for every additionnal kobold, it can make a special attack of 12 dice. That is a lot of dice for an attack, but it still is a single attack. I would probably prefer rolling 4 attacks of 7 dice (like the MacDirk) than a single attack of 12.

So I think your Jab jab SA would be too weak, johnny. As the D20 version of the power by Viegon that allow only one life to be lost by turn.

I don't want them to be too strong, but I also want them to be playable. And again, as with the MacDirk, when they are at the top of the boost they can have, they should be scary to face ! It is a lot of investment in point and order marker to make it so the Master take wounds and yet arrive to retreat to safety. The reward should be interesting enough to make people want to do it.

In fact, Mob attack on a squad moving 9 figures can be a little scary. It could decimate opponent squads and low defense heroes.
The more I think about it, the more I think Mob Attack could very well do the job...
Perhaps we could do some tests with some of the powers proposed and see how it fare ?
Old January 17th, 2014, 01:41 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Something to think about. If we give them a special attack it would really bump up their points. Special attack are... Well... Special

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 18th, 2014, 11:41 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Low Sweep
Instead of attacking with a Kobold you may choose a small or medium figure adjacent to that Kobold and roll the 20 sided die. If you roll [9] or higher, the chosen figure rolls 2 less defense when attacked by a Kobold for the remainder of the turn.

It's tactical and has the feel of ganging up without retreading old ground as much. Modulations to whether this should forfeit an attack, whether it should only be used once per figure, and perhaps whether it could be a 3 defense drop could be made with testing.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old January 19th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Low Sweep
Instead of attacking with a Kobold you may choose a small or medium figure adjacent to that Kobold and roll the 20 sided die. If you roll [9] or higher, the chosen figure rolls 2 less defense when attacked by a Kobold for the remainder of the turn.

It's tactical and has the feel of ganging up without retreading old ground as much. Modulations to whether this should forfeit an attack, whether it should only be used once per figure, and perhaps whether it could be a 3 defense drop could be made with testing.
I really like that actually. It can be strong, but it's got plenty of restrictions. When activating only three, it's still usable even though you won't likely use it often; and when you get to activate a bunch, there's lots of potential there for using it multiple times.

I definitely think it should be instead of attacking with a single Kobold, but I think it'd either be fun to do -2 defense on a roll of like 11, or drop it to only -1 defense but on a really low roll like 6. I wouldn't go up to -3 defense, that's not only unheard of in 'Scape but it's also crazy strong as it's stackable.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 19th, 2014, 02:32 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Low Sweep

I too like this, but I like it better with the revisions that Viegon suggested. On a 6 or higher, the defender figure rolls -1 defense die when attacked by a Kobold this turn, up to a maximum of either -2, or -3 defense dice.
I know -3 defense dice seems crazy, but it might be interesting to push it there since you are trading off and entire Kobold attack to invest in another kobold's attack that could completely wiff when the time comes to attack. This is also considering that the base attack of the Kobolds is 2 attack.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old January 21st, 2014, 11:39 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I contacted Reaper about a week ago about availability. I got this response:
Quote:
We will have more Legendary Encounters hopefully by summer 2014. Thanks!
Just so everyone is aware.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 12:10 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Awesome - SoV acceptance would be well after that point, I think, so we should be in the clear.

Anyways, we're about due for a poll here I think! Here's the powers suggested. Pick one and we'll see about a majority.

A - Mob Attack
Quote:
MOB ATTACK
When attacking with a [Reaper Kobold] you control, if the defending figure is engaged with at least 2 other [Reaper Kobolds] you control, it subtracts 2 from its defense dice.
B - Whittle Away
Quote:
WHITTLE AWAY
If a figure is attacked by more than one Reaper Kobold, it rolls one less die for each attack made upon it.
C - Coordinated Attack *Or one of the similar "combine attacks as one" powers suggested.
Quote:
Coordined Attack (or a better name, of course)
Any kobolds may combine their attacks and roll their attack dice as one attack. All kobolds in the attack must be engaged to the targeted figure. The defending figure compares height to the lowest Kobolds to determine any height advantage.
D - Low Sweep
Quote:
Low Sweep
Personally I'm still in favor of A - Mob Attack. No need to reinvent the wheel here; if it proves unsatisfactory we can try something else, but let's start from the basics and work from there.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 12:18 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

A The other power gives these guys flavor.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 12:26 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I quite like "Low Sweep", but I'm going to have to go with A here, the simplicity wins out for me.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 22nd, 2014, 12:41 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

My vote is also for "A". The combination with the other power makes it more powerful than the Cutters.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 03:15 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

A

simplicity is best

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 22nd, 2014, 03:16 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Huh... looks like a pretty solid majority so far. Any dark horse votes coming in?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards