Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 26th, 2021, 11:41 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
The Book of Aang

The Book of Aang

C3G DARK HORSE PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 29
NOT WITH THE IN CROWD

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a modified Heroclix figure from the Indy set.
Its model number and name are #040-042 / Boon.

Tutorial for creating this figure.

Character Bio - "Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Aang can save the world." - Katara

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arch-vile; April 17th, 2023 at 12:53 PM.
Old March 26th, 2021, 11:42 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Aang (breathing)

NAME = AANG

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AVATAR
PERSONALITY = ENTHUSIASTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 250

Range 4. Attack 4.
Before attacking, choose one of the following effects:
• Air: After attacking, move the defending figure up to 2 spaces if it is small or medium, during which it does not take leaving engagement attacks.
• Water: The defending figure subtracts 1 from its Defense number for this attack only.
• Earth: Add 2 to Aang’s Defense number until the start of your next player turn.
• Fire: After inflicting one or more wounds, roll an unblockable attack die against the defending figure unless it has the Lava Resistant special power.
After attacking with this special attack, you may attack with this special attack one additional time, or once per game, three additional times. You must choose an effect not yet chosen this turn.

MOVING TARGET
When rolling defense dice for Aang, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. After rolling defense dice, you may move Aang up to 3 spaces. Aang will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moved with this special power.

FLYING

Last edited by Arch-vile; May 6th, 2021 at 05:46 PM.
Old April 24th, 2021, 02:12 PM
Archie

I usually like tension between normal and special attacks, but I don't think it's needed here. The special attack represents bending, while Aang's normal attack is just a melee attack - and Aang isn't a particularly strong guy or skilled in hand to hand combat. Aang should be using his special most of the time because that's how he fights thematically, IMO.

One other thought is to nerf the Water and Air portions a bit. Fire and Earth were not getting used as often, and the -1 Defense from Water sticking around for each attack really increased Aang's offense, especially for the turn where he gets 4 attacks. So limiting the -1 Defense to only on one attack keeps Aang's offense from spiraling out of control while still keeping the Water option useful. And dropping the Air movement limits Aang's kiting.

Quote:
Range 4. Attack 4.
Before attacking, choose one of the following effects. You may not choose the same effect more than once per turn.
• Air: After attacking, move the defending figure up to 2 spaces if it is small or medium, during which it does not take leaving engagement attacks.
• Water: The defending figure subtracts 1 from its Defense for this attack only.
• Earth: Add 2 to Aang’s Defense until the start of your next player turn.
• Fire: After inflicting one or more wounds, roll an unblockable attack die against the defending figure unless it has the Lava Resistant special power.
After attacking with this special attack, you may attack with this special attack one additional time. Once per game, you may attack with this special attack four times in a turn.

Last edited by Arch-vile; April 24th, 2021 at 03:03 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 01:14 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Range 4. Attack 4.
Before attacking, choose one of the following effects: You may not choose the same effect more than once per turn.
• Water: The defending figure subtracts 1 from its Defense for this attack only.
• Earth: Add 2 to Aang’s Defense until the start of your next player turn.
After attacking with this special attack, you may attack with this special attack one additional time, choosing an effect not yet chosen this turn. Once per game, you may attack with this special attack four times in a turn.
I think this reads better and saves a little space.
Old March 26th, 2021, 11:42 PM
Archie

Comic Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini Pics:
Spoiler Alert!

Background Pics:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini Tutorial:
Spoiler Alert!

Some of the great mods by the community:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arch-vile; June 12th, 2022 at 08:32 PM.
Old March 26th, 2021, 11:48 PM
Archie

Alrighty, here's Aang, the first design from the Avatar: The Last Airbender universe. A couple things I want to be sure we address:

1) Is this a good way to portray bending?

2) Looking at potential future ATLA characters, how will we get Team Avatar to work together well? It may be handy to tie that around a class or personality. (One idea off the top of my head is simply making Aang's class "Avatar", and letting Katara/Sokka/Toph have synergy with the Avatar class.)
Old March 27th, 2021, 12:06 AM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Bending as a power is very difficult to portray, as their powers are literally limited only by their imagination. For example, air can be used for flight (or gliding for Aang), pushing enemies around, moving at a quicken speed and even sucking the oxygen from the lungs of people. I did try for the "spell" idea to allow for greater options for bending, but short of that, I think this is probably the only other way. No matter how its done, I am happy this is going forward.

It would be nice if he had an Avatar State power that ups his level for a limited time though.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old March 27th, 2021, 12:16 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Personally

I made a card a while back but I would probably do some revamps. Here is what I found when translating Avatar to C3G.

So I think one of the "easiest" ways to portray bending is to have a symbol for air/earth/fire/water and avatar (can use all 4) that has a static ability for each (I forget what I gave them but I can easily pull it up). This allows you to have other powers on the card. I also stole Magical Defense idea and made Elemental Defense in my draft of Aang since benders were pretty well able to defend themselves against non benders. Something along those lines is really going to be the best way to portray the versatility of bending. I used a once a game marker to represent the Avatar State and that increased his stats for the round.

Given the sheer versatility of the character though, there's going to be a lot of "right" ways to represent these abilities. This is just what I have. You can certainly feel free to take inspiration from anything I've already done.

~Dysole, contributing however she can
Old March 27th, 2021, 12:14 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Really dig this. Like fret said, there’s a billion ways to represent each element, but I think you landed on a solid representation of Aang.

I don’t really have any strong feelings on how to tie the rest of the Gaang into synergizing with him, but I’ll do some thinking and come back if anything hits.
Old March 27th, 2021, 08:40 AM

bishop2003 is surprisingly tart

For synergy between the characters, the class of Bender could be used. Alot of the designs with tiles are fun, maybe they could be used here as well.
Old March 27th, 2021, 09:14 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I like the idea of Elemental Defense and Elemental Spells! Reminds me of the Warlock from the old Palladium RPG.
I have been working on a Earth Bender for my RPG and I can attest to the difficulty of translating the powers to paper and I am using pages of text.
Old March 27th, 2021, 10:21 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If this is after he has achieved Avatar status, shouldn't his class also be Avatar?

I also wouldn't mind seeing Aerial Superiority (or whatever it's called) here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library