Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old August 4th, 2021, 10:34 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: C3V/SoV 3D Printable Proxies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
I printed the original scans on the banshees in Anycubic's translucent green resin and they look near identical to the actual figure. I'd say you did an amazing job @White Knight , I didn't have to paint, just base them.
Awesome! Have you seen the newer models on Thingiverse?
Old August 4th, 2021, 10:37 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
I printed the original scans on the banshees in Anycubic's translucent green resin and they look near identical to the actual figure. I'd say you did an amazing job @White Knight , I didn't have to paint, just base them.
Awesome! Have you seen the newer models on Thingiverse?
I haven't yet, I printed mine a few weeks back. I bought the translucent green as my first resin color specifically to print those minis. So they were my very first print. Thanks to the files in this thread, I've printed well over 200 minis for Heroscape on my Photon Mono. I'm on my 5th or 6th 1L bottle of resin.
Old August 4th, 2021, 11:17 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ah. No worries. Must have missed these the post on them. I’ll double check next time.
And swell, having translucent green resin sounds perfect!! Maybe post an image of the results
Old August 4th, 2021, 11:58 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Thanks to the files in this thread, I've printed well over 200 minis for Heroscape on my Photon Mono. I'm on my 5th or 6th 1L bottle of resin.
Awesome!
I'm glad my models and Scapedood's models are being used.
Old August 9th, 2021, 02:07 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How do you make the scan itself? Is it a software you are uploading a lot of photos into? Do you need some sort of special rig to do it?
Old August 9th, 2021, 04:45 PM

Quote:
How do you make the scan itself? Is it a software you are uploading a lot of photos into? Do you need some sort of special rig to do it?
I use a Canon camera and a free photogrammetry program called 3DF Zephyr Free.

The two most important things to get a good scan are
1) good lighting
2) some kind of background

For the background, I use a Heroscape map of Valhalla, but magazine pictures work as well.

You'll need to take 40-50 pictures around the figure. A cell phone can be used, but I use a canon SLR camera and put it on fixed focus (with a deep depth of field). I also use a light box with a motorized turntable and a camera trigger so I can start the scan and come back in few minutes after it's done.

A computer with a good graphics card allows me to turn the pictures into models in a few hours.
Old August 9th, 2021, 05:26 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Just a quick question on this thread: are some of the models proxies rather than outright scans because of copyright concerns, or just because of lack of access to the technology to do scans of them? I can help with scanning, but just not sure why it was done for some figures and not others.
Old August 9th, 2021, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Just a quick question on this thread: are some of the models proxies rather than outright scans because of copyright concerns, or just because of lack of access to the technology to do scans of them? I can help with scanning, but just not sure why it was done for some figures and not others.
Neither.
We don't have scans of some figures because I don't have access to those figures yet to scan.
Old August 10th, 2021, 07:13 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Quote:
As [MENTION=9472]White Knight[/MENTION] said, we need the scans done on any and all figures who haven't been done. Copyright isn't the issue, we just haven't gotten those figures scanned. So if you have the ability to scan anything that hasn't gotten a real scan than we'd be endlessly thankful. I'm still trying to figure out the process of making files myself. I need to order a lazy susan to take the scans with.
Old August 12th, 2021, 09:40 PM

I will be getting some more figures to scan later this month.😀
Old August 12th, 2021, 11:03 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
As @White Knight said, we need the scans done on any and all figures who haven't been done. Copyright isn't the issue, we just haven't gotten those figures scanned. So if you have the ability to scan anything that hasn't gotten a real scan than we'd be endlessly thankful. I'm still trying to figure out the process of making files myself. I need to order a lazy susan to take the scans with.
Okay. Interesting. I have a variety of C3V/SoV figures; not all of them, but a lot. I also know someone who has pretty much everything so if I can develop a method of scanning reliably, I can borrow figures as necessary to get scans going for every figure. There's plenty of VC figures I want to 3D print; ideally I'd never have to buy minis again now that I have a 3D printer, but I definitely don't want to buy $20 minis anymore. Let me explore and see what I can do. I have no experience and my computer isn't very powerful, but I do have a camera and a functional computer.
Old August 13th, 2021, 05:27 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Would it be beneficial if I made an index of 3D files so people don't have to go looking through this long thread or searching thingiverse? It would need to be a new thread. Files with proxy files would be labeled as such and linked to aswell.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing