Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 18th, 2020, 12:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Cosmic Terrain Brainstorming Thread

Too much at once, toyhandle!

Let's put a pin in asteroids, comets, etc. for now and focus on just the Cosmic spaces.

I'll continue to say let's limit ourselves to two effects. I could maybe convinced to do something with height advantage if it were dynamic, but let's nail down the other two effects first and see whether or not we want to add anything after that.

Two effects are:

1. Movement based
2. Damage based

Let's try not to get too crazy complex with them. Maybe, for the sake of trying to test them, we should do it one at a time.

I think the movement based is a bit easier to tackle.

So we could try something like:

1. SPACE DRIFT: Figures without the Flying special power can only move from one Cosmic space to another in a straight line. If a figure without the Flying special power moves from one Cosmic space to another this way, they must continue moving in a straight line this way until either they are out of movement spaces for the turn or they move onto a different type of terrain.

(Unsure on that wording, but that's an initial stab at it).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 19th, 2020, 10:09 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I toyed with the space movement/drift rules and they're my favorite thing I've tried so far. Being restricted to straight line movement and having to do your whole movement while you remain on Cosmic spaces had a cool effect and made me think through movement in some unusual ways.

I coupled that with a version of the end of the round rule we were discussing here where you basically assign each of the four sides 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, or 16-20 on the D20 and at the end of each round you roll the D20 and whatever number pops up, any figures on Cosmic spaces drift two spaces in that direction, against their will.

I think that combined with no height advantage/disadvantage in space, an ability for any figure to pass over another figure on a Cosmic space, and something related to damage, and I'm really digging how it feels.

I also threw a couple of lava field single hexes on the battlefield and at the ends of rounds I rolled D20s and advanced them in straight lines based on the roll. I figured if they moved adjacent to any figures or DOs that way you could roll an unblockable die against them. Going forward, I also want to make them "bounce" when they hit the edge of the map or other terrain to keep the movement more dynamic and continual throughout the game, as they streaked through space pretty quickly in practice.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 20th, 2020, 07:41 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sounds good so far.
Old January 20th, 2020, 09:33 AM

Yeah, I need to type up the movement stuff more clearly/formally, then I'll try to test it more. Once I'm really digging where that's at, we can try to lock down the damage stuff better and tag it on.

Old January 20th, 2020, 11:05 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the symmetry of one effect for non-Flyers and one effect for non-SSers.
Old January 20th, 2020, 10:51 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

An idea I just had: instead of the drifting in random direction, we could add gravitational pull. At the end of the round all figures on a cosmic space move 1 space towards the nearest non-cosmic space (land mass). If equidistant to more than one non-cosmic space then you move towards the non-cosmic space that is connected to the most non-cosmic spaces (largest land mass). If it's still equal then you move towards the space/spaces that is equidistant between the closest non-cosmic spaces.

Or alternatively at the start of the game you nominate a single corner of the battlefield to represent the direction to the nearest star & at the end of the round all figures on a cosmic space move 1 space towards that corner.

PS: I noticed that @toyhandle was using the old design for the map in his demo. This doesn't change what he was indicating but be aware that the hex sizes were incorrect on that version & there isn't any way a GL can wrap around the long side of the map to fire on a figure it was previously engaged with. Maybe the short side .

@IAmBatman , how did it feel to play on?
Old January 21st, 2020, 06:27 AM

Oh, it feels great to play on! I love it! I'm using it as the default base for my maps right now, though I toggle Cosmic powers on and off depending on my mood and the army set ups.

I really dig the gravitational pull idea! I think we need to iron out the verbiage a bit on that (and everything else) but I'm down with the concept for sure and I think it's a fairly intuitive and thematic one. Good stuff!

Old January 21st, 2020, 08:57 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, gravitational pull is a really fun mechanic.
Not sure how often that actually comes up in space but also there is not a ton of terrain in space either. Even in our asteroid belt the objects are generally quite far apart but this is a game not a simulation.

I think we just need to explore the different ideas and see what feels right.

Last edited by Tornado; January 21st, 2020 at 09:19 AM.
Old January 21st, 2020, 09:04 AM

For sure. My short term plan is to try to type up a few things a bit more clearly and test them.

Old January 21st, 2020, 06:29 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
For sure. My short term plan is to try to type up a few things a bit more clearly and test them.
Great plan. I think we (read that as mainly you ) can get this together much quicker than buildings.
Old January 21st, 2020, 08:27 PM

Yep. The only snag is putting together some actual maps for it. Does Virtualscape even still work?

Old January 21st, 2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yep. The only snag is putting together some actual maps for it. Does Virtualscape even still work?
VS still works. we can create custom maps for it but it won't necessarily look like the playmat. I would probably just make a couple of black tiles with dots for stars on them. Then lay them out to the dimensions of the mat.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library