Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old December 18th, 2017, 05:52 PM

Ekphras1s is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Question Magic: AotP terrain cardboard in Heroscape

Hi everyone and thank you so much for my add to this magnificent community. I love Heroscape by some years and now i continue to play it , when possibile, with my friends and parents.
Unfortunately I met this game when it was going out of print, so i haven't many expansions to create big and articulate maps.
I have read that in "Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers" there are some pieces that could be adaptable fo Heroscape. So, i have buyed two copies of this game, hoping to expande my terrain. In the box, i found few 3D hex and some mats.
Here, in the download sections , i have found some awesome battlefield maps.
Is possible to use Arena of the Planeswalkers cardboards terrain for build those maps availables in the download sections? And if so, how can i solve the problem of the water tiles that are to be used for Level 1/base?
The cardboard terrain of Arena of the Planeswalkers have static/paint water hexes.....

Thank you for any reply, hints and tips.
Have a good day.

PS: Sorry for eventually errors in my written english
Old December 18th, 2017, 06:07 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Magic: AotP terrain cardboard in Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekphras1s View Post
Hi everyone and thank you so much for my add to this magnificent community. I love Heroscape by some years and now i continue to play it , when possibile, with my friends and parents.
Unfortunately I met this game when it was going out of print, so i haven't many expansions to create big and articulate maps.
I have read that in "Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers" there are some pieces that could be adaptable fo Heroscape. So, i have buyed two copies of this game, hoping to expande my terrain. In the box, i found few 3D hex and some mats.
Here, in the download sections , i have found some awesome battlefield maps.
Is possible to use Arena of the Planeswalkers cardboards terrain for build those maps availables in the download sections? And if so, how can i solve the problem of the water tiles that are to be used for Level 1/base?
The cardboard terrain of Arena of the Planeswalkers have static/paint water hexes.....

Thank you for any reply, hints and tips.
Have a good day.

PS: Sorry for eventually errors in my written english
First off, Welcome to the site. I too recently purchased a couple sets of this game to use the mats. This game uses the same basic rules for water spaces and I believe the same leveled water spaces would mechanically work the same as if you put a water tile on top of your base level. As far as having it be level 0 with the surrounding area level 1 I am not sure if there is an easy way to do that unless you just stated all water tiles on the mats are considered level 0.

I too have been looking, asking, and working on creating some maps using these maps and some additional terrain. There are a few from a contest recently.

Hope that is of some help for you.

EDIT: This link may be useful to you. Herosape and Magic:AotP Cryptolith Map Contest

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 20th, 2017, 07:01 AM

Ekphras1s is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Magic: AotP terrain cardboard in Heroscape

Thank you, japes. The info I've found in that link are very interesting. Good maps mixing HS pieces and AotP mats.
Do you think that building a battlefield with AotP mats, can be limits or restrictions compared to building a battlefield with exsclusively HS pieces?
Using mats for base, is possibile better preserve original plastic pieces by cracks, that can be happen in the tiles, assembling and dissasembling them for base level.
Then, I was wondering if creating a new map by miself, it must be necessarly simmetrical, for a perfect match with two players?

Thanks

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios