Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 3rd, 2012, 12:11 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Seattle Game Days

Well, it is a New Year, and even though Heroscape was a discontinued game last year - we still got in a tremendous amount of games to continue the Battle of All Time! I worked with Nomad on several events including: the Immortals variant, Altered Scape, and Seattle's NHSD.

For 2012, I certainly plan to continue to host and play Heroscape. There are some new FanScape waves coming out (C3V .. V for Valkyrie I guess), and those customs add some interesting figures to the game - and I will likely pick a few of them up. We also had our "Altered Scape" event last year to try out more FanScape - and I really enjoyed that, and think that some of those units can become part of our regular games. Also, I finished out the year playing some of the C3G "Superhero" Scape with Nomad, and that was incredibly fun! Thanks to Santa, I even have a start on getting some C3G figures.

Last year, the schedule was:

1st Saturday of the Month - I hosted games at my place in Capital Hill

3rd Saturday of the Month - Game Days at either Third Place Commons or The Card Kingdom/Cafe Mox

I am happy to keep hosting with this schedule. I know that the staff at The Card Kingdom would welcome us back, and if we wanted to be consistent - we could be added to their Calendar of events. Third Place Commons is asking for another donation for 2012, but it is hard to justify paying $100 to play there - when I think that Card Kingdom has a better space and a nicer "gamer" vibe.

Anyone have feedback or recommendations to change this rough schedule? For example, are Sunday's better on occassion? Yes, I want to start having C3G "Superhero" game days., etc.

I will continue to post on Heroscapers.com under this thread, but I will also send emails out when I can:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=31725

For this weekend, I am happy to host on Saturday, January 7th. Please PM me, or post here, if that day works for you (time 1pm - 7pm).

Thank you,

*Kai
Old January 16th, 2012, 12:59 AM

Saturday January 21st is the third Saturday of the month and I was wondering who is around for some HEROSCAPE.

I've heard preliminary reports that Forgehammer and Nomad & Kids are available, after 3pm, and would be up for playing at Cafe Mox/Card Kingdom. Anyone else around?

If you can make it please let me know, and I'll make arrangements with Cafe Mox for some table space.

Thanks!

*Kai
Old January 16th, 2012, 01:22 PM

Here is the address for Cafe Mox/Card Kingdom in Ballard.

This Saturday it looks like a 3pm - 8pm time slot works best.

5105 Leary Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107

http://www.cardkingdom.com/static/storeinfo/info
Old January 17th, 2012, 10:37 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yes, Huskies16 and I will be there, perhaps with Draco in tow.
Old January 20th, 2012, 06:49 PM

Well, the snow seems to be melting .. and I'm guessing folks have as much *cabin-fever* as I do ~ but I wanted to re-confirm that folks will be heading to Cafe Mox/Card Kingdom tomorrow for some Heroscape?

Again, targeting a start time of 3pm.

Please post here, or PM me.

Thanks!
*Kai
Old January 21st, 2012, 01:44 AM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry everyone. For various reasons, Huskies16 and I are going to back out.

Apologies to all and disappointment for us.

Peace,
Nomad
Old January 21st, 2012, 02:41 AM

I've been in touch with Forgehammer and the AubrienAssassin, and they won't make it up either. Darn SNOW!

Sorry folks but I am going to CANCEL tomorrow's Game Day.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 03:57 AM

So the Snow held up some Heroscape in January .. but we have the first Saturday of February coming up in a few days ~ so I am wondering if folks are down for some Heroscape.

Please RSVP here or PM me, and we'll see if we can get some games going. Nomad and I are both available on Saturday after 2pm.

Peace,
*Kai
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:01 PM

Yep, I'm eager to play some old-fashioned-classic Heroscape. It has been too long.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
So the Snow held up some Heroscape in January .. but we have the first Saturday of February coming up in a few days ~ so I am wondering if folks are down for some Heroscape.

Please RSVP here or PM me, and we'll see if we can get some games going. Nomad and I are both available on Saturday after 2pm.

Peace,
*Kai

Okay, I have an update on RSVP's .. so it looks it will be GAME ON at my place this Saturday (Feb 4th).

RSVP's:

Kai
Nomad
AgentDex
Forgehammer

Time: 1:00pm - 8:00pm

What: Heroscape, Classic + some C3G heroes if Nomad wants to bring some 'Heroes' ; )

PM if you need directions.
Old February 6th, 2012, 02:49 AM

Thanks Kai!

I had a very enjoyable day . . . until being taken out by Elf archers and a Fenn Hydra in the final match. Assassin is one tough player (believe it or not, I think that was the first time we had played).

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the next time. And it was good to see a couple of new faces doing battle.

Peace,
Nomad
Old February 6th, 2012, 03:09 AM

Wow, that was the first time you had to cross magic bolts with the AubrienAssassin?! She is deadly, sir. Very deadly.

But you rocked 3-1 on the day, crushing me twice in a row : )

I was glad that you could make it, and glad we had coliocole and BraveShawn to add to your youth-ranks.

It was a nice day for 'Scape!

Thanks,
*Kai

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events