Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old February 17th, 2023, 12:44 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Steppenwolf - Design- Magic Carpet Ride Phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Attempting edits:

APOKOLIPTIAN TROOP MOVEMENT
Instead of Steppenwolf's move phase, you may maneuver up to 6 Common Parademon allies up to 4 spaces each. Then, if Steppenwolf is engaged, for each of your Parademon allies you may choose up to 1 enemy adjacent to it and roll 1 unblockable combat die against the chosen enemy.

BATTLE HARDENED
If Steppenwolf has 1+ wound, he never receives more than 1 wound from an attack.

ESCALATING INVASION FORCE
After Steppenwolf receives 1+ wounds from an enemy, even if he is defeated, you may roll X combat dice, where X is equal to his number of wounds. For each skull rolled, place a previously defeated Common Parademon ally on an empty space in your start zone.
OP updated with this.

any other comments.

Complimentary @Ronin tag.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 17th, 2023, 11:12 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Magic Carpet Ride was 10yo me's favourite song.
Old February 17th, 2023, 11:43 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

This character also makes me think of Magic Carpet Ride.

I'll try to catch up on this + a couple other threads later tonight! Might be a bit, I'm busy right after work.
Old February 17th, 2023, 09:10 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
This character also makes me think of Magic Carpet Ride.

I'll try to catch up on this + a couple other threads later tonight! Might be a bit, I'm busy right after work.
Well if you must work, I guess I can wait. :P

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 18th, 2023, 10:21 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

OP looks good to me - we always gave Start Zone caps in 1.0 but I'm not attached to that.

I wanted to try to pivot to an "ignore wounds" type wording on effects like Battle Hardened to make their language more universal. I think Enchantress is already on deck and MD would be relevant there though, Amora got by me.
Old February 18th, 2023, 10:38 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
OP looks good to me - we always gave Start Zone caps in 1.0 but I'm not attached to that.

I wanted to try to pivot to an "ignore wounds" type wording on effects like Battle Hardened to make their language more universal. I think Enchantress is already on deck and MD would be relevant there though, Amora got by me.
So this?

Quote:
BATTLE HARDENED
If Steppenwolf has 1+ wound, he ignores all but 1 wound from an attack.

On Start Zone if we capitalized in 1.0 we should continue I'd say.

Old February 18th, 2023, 11:00 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We can definitely circle back and get Amora if needed. Consistency is good and much easier to hit when we're sub 100.

I'm OK either way on the Start Zone bit. I was going with the 2.0 Ronin aesthetic of "don't capitalize things just to capitalize them" which I think we did a lot in 1.0. I've basically only been capitalizing names and leftbox type designations.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 18th, 2023, 11:22 AM
A Man of Taste

star zone de-capitalized..final confirmation on below and I think this one will be ready for art.

Quote:
BATTLE HARDENED
If Steppenwolf has 1+ wound, he ignores all but 1 wound from an attack.

Old February 18th, 2023, 11:23 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks good to me, but, yeah, I'd get the word from @Ronin

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 18th, 2023, 11:46 AM
Symbiotic

Man, now that I've suggested this I'm struggling to land on a version of the 'ignores' language I actually like.

Mostly I just want to make sure the language on these things is somewhat universal for the sake of something like Battle Beast that cares about these effects. I've talked myself back the other way into keeping it basically as-is because I think it's still extensible, just less awkward.

I think I'd suggest:

Quote:
If Steppenwolf has 1+ wounds, he never takes more than 1 wound from an attack.
I think "takes" is already what people instinctively use for this stuff, common thing to have to correct in wording, so I'd rather just switch to it over "receives".

Could maybe even go for something like:

Quote:
If Steppenwolf has 1+ wounds, reduce attack damage he takes to 1 wound.
I dunno, it's an area where I'm realizing I don't feel super confident, so up for thoughts/suggestions.
Old February 18th, 2023, 11:53 AM

I prefer the first of those two options.

Old February 18th, 2023, 12:33 PM
A Man of Taste

I do think clearing up the "ignore" part so that Battle Beast and the like are clear what it means is healthy. But not sure where or how that would be done.

I too prefer your first over the second one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database