Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 19th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama
Ah......sweet beautiful HOME! Another is in the bag. Now its time for the GenCon BLUES

Gamed too much...

drank TOO much...

slept not enough..

And thanks to some "Peace Love and Heroscape" I had a miracle copy of SotM come into my poss ion today so that means I got 2 and I am done.

After I get some real food and sleep I will post the few pics I took, and try and scan the 3rd edition rules.
And you never even seemed drunk. :P

Old August 19th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
And you never even seemed drunk. :P

Dude I was SOOOOOO Sober the last time we talked on sat morning outside room 206.

No Sat night was an ENTIRELY different story.

Glad you made it back home my brother from another mother.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 19th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Can't wait to see you next year.

Old August 19th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Yeah I just heard on the radio a bunch of carp went down storm wise. Well, here's to those Scapers, hope they get home soon.

Smiles,
Mr. Pink,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old August 19th, 2007, 08:32 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamski
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtgarsWorstFear
oh yea, the chinese dragon and the worm thingy...duh lol. im kinda focused on jandar lol
Yup.

Man...listing all the figures we know about but don't have stats for has me looking forward to the fall releases even more. I wish they could have given us at least one Marvel card though, just so we could see where the line was going to go....or at least show us how the sets would be packaged so we know how to order...I'm still holding out on buying a second Marvel set because I want to know if urban terrain is coming with ay future expansions. Just slip the Black Panther or Beast or Doc Ock or something out there on display.
What makes it even more exciting is the fact that the stats and abililities on the units we know have been outstanding so far for wave 8 and SOTM. They really do stand out!

-Ski
Agree! I think we will see lots of possibility in combining units with bonding and special powers. I just hope that it will not be too chaotic. Look at the glyphs, some of them can completely change the favor of a game from one to the other.
These new glyphs really emphasize how much all glyphs can change the game, and drive home why they should be used sparingly. A lot of new players are eager to litter the field with every glyph, every game. That's fun here and there for a lark, but in the long run it ruins a lot of the tactics of the game. Glyphs should be special, and these new ones certainly are. Well done Hasbro.
Old August 19th, 2007, 08:37 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShogunOfEinar
Uniting the 4 generals sounds great to me, but it raises questions about the ongoing HS storyline and character histories. Such as Finn and Thorgrim now fighting alongside Valguard.
No one said they had to like it.
And nobody says this alliance will last forever. This is only Chapter 2. If they are going to ease off on Utgar for a while, perhaps the alliance will break up by Chapter 3. Anyway, I doubt it will have much effect on card text...so far the ongoing soap opera has had little impact on the game.
Old August 19th, 2007, 08:46 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdagreat
Ok my summary:
Kato Katsuro:
I think he is kind of overpriced.... He is a good fighter, fast above average power and above average defense. His ability is an okay bait and switch ability but I think that he is not worth 200 points. I love samurais though.
Sir Dupius:
I cannot judge on his price as it is cut off but He seems awesome.
Fast above average power without the application of his specialand average defense+6life. His specials though allow him to have crazy amounts of power.
A possibility of 7 attack. Tactical disengagement can be useful and chalice of fortitude will be moderately useful for defending yourself while fleeing for kelda to heal your sorry butt.

(snip)

Ulginesh:
Mind link will be useful when the other elves come out with him. Fast and a great skirmisher. Without playtesting seems slightly overcosted.

(snip)

Sujoah:
My favorite unit of all these. Quick slightly above average attack and defense. Poisonous. 6 life. Cool looking. Bonds with the awesome spiders.
I like what I see from aquilla. Relentless so can get a bonus from Dumutef Guards.
Kato, in my opinion, is one of the most useful figures out there...on par with Red Skull. 200 points for total flexibility in a Samurai army? Yes please. And don't forget that his Ashigaru-ordering ability (two in one turn) single-handedly makes the Ashigaru awesome. I can move and attack with EIGHT figures. EIGHT. With no d20 roll needed. That's just sick.

Sir Dupuis is 150 points. I agree, he seems solid.

Ulginesh is, like Red Skull and Kato, a figure that's about flexibility. More Elf Wizards will help him, but being able to take two full turns with Elf Wizards is already pretty cool. Currently that's Morsbane, Acolarh, and Kyntela. Looks like up to three or four more are on the way...Elf armies just got slapped out of order marker commitments.

Dumutefs boost Devourers and Khosumet boosts Relentless figures. I agree that spiders plus Sujoah equals awesome.
Old August 19th, 2007, 09:03 PM

Unknownknowned has disabled reputation
I some what agree with your opinion on Kato, but I do not think he will be viable in armies under 500 points. I wish he had a really low attack with more defense and counterstrike to give him staying power.

whish kapow biff thwang batman sounds

dund=lol
Old August 19th, 2007, 09:39 PM

tmacdagreat has disabled reputation
Thanks for reading that it took me a while.

«cookie - once you have it, you love it.»
http://www.heroscapers.com/images/05.gif
Old August 19th, 2007, 09:44 PM

theats has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownknowned
I some what agree with your opinion on Kato, but I do not think he will be viable in armies under 500 points. I wish he had a really low attack with more defense and counterstrike to give him staying power.
first off, uglinesh sounds like ugliness
hmm, in a 500 point game......

Katso: 200

three ashigaru yaris: 120
three ashigaru harqibuse: 180

If I remember right, that equals a 500 point army, with a guaranteed 8 activation per turn, so long as Katso can see one squad of each. That can be effective. The yaris tie up the enemy en mass, 12 figs is decent, but moving separately, of course, and the harqubuses shoot. If you are lucky, with an attack of 3, or is it two? anyway, when your hordes of canon fodder go down, Katso can move in and do his thing.[/img]

Theophilus.
Old August 19th, 2007, 09:46 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
So GenCon is over?

Long live Heroscape.
Old August 19th, 2007, 09:46 PM

Unknownknowned has disabled reputation
Yes, but all it takes to defeat 90% that army is rolling 2 skulls.
I am just saying, I have play tested the ashigaru and even with a Raelin buff, they die way too easy it seems.

Plus, that army would always lose to Q9.

UK

whish kapow biff thwang batman sounds

dund=lol

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News