Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 13th, 2018, 10:14 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Leaf_It's customs. [UPDATED: 5.10.18]

How badly do you want Hoplitron bonding?
Old September 13th, 2018, 10:39 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
How badly do you want Hoplitron bonding?
I don't care either way, but I want the more powerful attack to be melee.

I suppose it the range was upped to 4, the attack was set to 2, and add double attack. Then reword Priority power systems to something like...

PRIORITY POWER SYSTEMS:
For each wound marker on this Vulcanmech Striker's card, add 1 to your defense roll. If you are adjacent to an opponents figure, you may roll 1 additional attack die, for each remaining life point.

But then you get to double attack with 8 attack if you're adjacent...

Edit: How about, instead of double attack;

Double shot:
If you are attacking a non-adjacent opponent, you may attack one additional time.
Old September 14th, 2018, 05:56 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
NAME = VULCANMECH STRIKER
GENERAL = VALKRILL
PLANET = ALPHA PRIME
SPECIES = SOULBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON
CLASS = MARAUDER
PERSONALITY = AGGRESSIVE
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 6

6 LIFE
6 MOVE
1 RANGE
8 ATTACK
1 DEFENSE
80 - 110 POINTS

PRIORITY POWER SYSTEMS:
For each wound marker on this Vulcanmech Striker's card, add 1 to your defense roll, and subtract 1 from your attack roll.

JUMP 15:
Instead of it's normal move, a Vulcanmech Striker may use Jump 15. Jump 15 has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Jump 15, ignore elevations. A Vulcanmech Striker may jump over water without stopping, jump over figures without becoming engaged, and jump over obstacles such as ruins. Vulcanmech Striker may not jump more than 15 levels up or down in a single jump. If a Vulcanmech Striker is engaged when he starts his Jump 15, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Theme/explanation: As the systems take damage, they reroute power to the shielding systems. While at full power with no damage, shielding is not a priority. As damage is sustained, shielding is more important, while fire power is less of a priority. The figure is a jumping mech from mech warrior. So I felt that a Jumping ability was necessary.

I have located 212 of the figure, and I haven't even checked Ebay yet.
I absolutely adore this concept - the rerouting of power from offensive to defensive systems is awesome. Any reason he's Uncommon? Feels more like a Unique Hero to me.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 14th, 2018, 10:18 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool mini -- I really like the jump theme. Should be noted though that, if/when this goes through SoV, there are some people who are against minis that use stands (I'm personally fine with it). If you get the mini and show that the stand can be cut off and it can be rebased easily (i.e. it balances on its feet okay with some glue) then you'll be fine.

Hoplitron bonding seems off to me here .... Not sure why. But the guns definitely warrant range being used. In fact, it doesn't look very melee at all. Double shot is cool and thematic. I like the mechanic of it having that attack for range and then the melee high attack, but I don't see it with this mini since there doesn't seem to be a reason for it to have higher melee attack.

Aggressive seems like a weird personality.... Fearsome, Ferocious, Menacing, Terrifying, and Wild are all current personalities that would work, I think. Relentless would be perfect but then you'd have to worry about Death Knight bonding.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 14th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

If I recall correctly, Hoppitrons bond with Soulborgs with a Range of 1? If you decide to incorporate the shoulder guns but want to keep the bonding, a fairly vanilla SA could help.

REPEATING CANNONS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 2.
When this Vulcanmech Striker attacks with Repeating Cannons Special Attack, it may attack one additional time.

And if the Leap power isn’t set in stone as a means to give him heightened mobility, the Vault power from the Varkaanan Quickblades makes normal melee figures feel both ungodly quick and hard to pin down.

I really like the mini and the design- more Valkrill Soulborgs = a better canon, IMO.

EDIT: aaaand you already had this idea on the previous page. That’s what I get for skimming on my phone.
Old September 14th, 2018, 09:22 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I absolutely adore this concept - the rerouting of power from offensive to defensive systems is awesome. Any reason he's Uncommon? Feels more like a Unique Hero to me.
I'm glad you like it. I came up with the idea of "Priority power systems" months ago, but didn't have a mini to attach it to. One day I was scrolling through Troll and Toad, and happened upon this figure. I felt that the ability could work, and the jumping idea seemed fun, so I ordered the mini, and put it all together. The reason I chose uncommon over Unique was simply because of how many of the figure I found. Over 200 of them before I even checked ebay. I feel that the opportunity to create an uncommon, or common is important to take advantage of, when we get the chance, but Common didn't feel right, so I went with uncommon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Cool mini -- I really like the jump theme. Should be noted though that, if/when this goes through SoV, there are some people who are against minis that use stands (I'm personally fine with it). If you get the mini and show that the stand can be cut off and it can be rebased easily (i.e. it balances on its feet okay with some glue) then you'll be fine.

Hoplitron bonding seems off to me here .... Not sure why. But the guns definitely warrant range being used. In fact, it doesn't look very melee at all. Double shot is cool and thematic. I like the mechanic of it having that attack for range and then the melee high attack, but I don't see it with this mini since there doesn't seem to be a reason for it to have higher melee attack.

Aggressive seems like a weird personality.... Fearsome, Ferocious, Menacing, Terrifying, and Wild are all current personalities that would work, I think. Relentless would be perfect but then you'd have to worry about Death Knight bonding.
I wasn't planning to keep the stand on anyway, so that's fine.

I didn't create the design with hops in mind, I just realize that it applied due to the range. I'm not against it, but I wouldn't be hurt if most people didn't want it.

The idea I had for why it could deal so much damage up close was because of the legs. If this thing can jump like that, what would happen if it just kicked really hard? Of course as it sustains damage, it's kick won't be as strong, and that works great with the "Priority Power Systems" ability.

The personality was honestly an after thought. I will likely change it at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
If I recall correctly, Hoppitrons bond with Soulborgs with a Range of 1? If you decide to incorporate the shoulder guns but want to keep the bonding, a fairly vanilla SA could help.

REPEATING CANNONS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 2.
When this Vulcanmech Striker attacks with Repeating Cannons Special Attack, it may attack one additional time.

And if the Leap power isn’t set in stone as a means to give him heightened mobility, the Vault power from the Varkaanan Quickblades makes normal melee figures feel both ungodly quick and hard to pin down.

I really like the mini and the design- more Valkrill Soulborgs = a better canon, IMO.

EDIT: aaaand you already had this idea on the previous page. That’s what I get for skimming on my phone.
Yes, that's how Hops work. I kind of wish they had another limiter, like a Tricky personality, or the class of Major, because it's kind of limiting needing to make sure that any soulborg with a range of 1 is only a range one through special or something if you don't want that bonding.

I feel that the Leap/jump ability is more thematic with the figure than the vault power is.
Old September 15th, 2018, 02:46 AM

Re: Leaf_It's customs. [UPDATED: 9.14.18]

Here's another design that I've had for a while that I only recently found available figures for.

NAME = SPIDER OF LOLTH
GENERAL = UTGAR
PLANET = TORIL
SPECIES = ARACHNIDS
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD
CLASS = HUNTERS
PERSONALITY = WILD
SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 2

1 LIFE (4 figures)
7 MOVE
1 RANGE
2 ATTACK
1 DEFENSE
40 POINTS

Webbing:
All small medium or large figures adjacent to a Spider of Lolth may not leave engagement with a Spider of Lolth. Figures effected by Webbing cannot leave engagement with a Spider of Lolth due to any special power on any army card, or glyph.

Arachnomancer Bonding:
After revealing an Order Marker on the Spiders of Lolth, before taking a turn with the Spiders of Lolth, you may take a turn with any Arachnomancer hero you control.

Climb x3
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Spiders of Lolth may triple their height.

Theme/explanation: Ever since seeing Estivara's design, I always felt that they were going to design a squad of spiders to bond with her. It just made a lot of sense to me, and it's supported if you look into the lore surrounding the goddess Lolth in D&D, which is the goddess that most of the Drow worship. I wanted to design them to be unique, from the Fyorlag, but still somewhat intimidating, while still feeling like relatively weak, and small, arachnids. They are vaguely reminiscent of the Gladiatrons, but nowhere near as annoying, as you can still move around the spider to are engaged with, and they die much easier. The figures are made of the same rubbery stuff the Xualtiaca Ants are made of, and are roughly the same size.

These use Good luck minis Spiders from Safari Ltd. Amazon link
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Leaf_It; September 15th, 2018 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Adjusted Stats based on feedback
Old September 15th, 2018, 03:22 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the basis for this design. I do worry about it potentially being a little too strong to have a 40-point 4-figure squad that prevents leaving engagements, but few people risk leaving engagement attacks anyways, so it'll probably fall more into the thematic category like A Coward's Reward rather than the powerful one.

Arachnomancer Bonding doesn't feel out of place considering their species, and we already have another squad of bonding spiders in the game. I think it's a valid way to give the Drow some more playtime, even if it is something that we've already seen before.

The real concern that I have with these guys is their move when combined with their price and attack. Since they can almost always be in Estivara's aura (and tie up melee before they can reach her) and gain height easily with 8 move, they could regularly be throwing 4 attacks of 4 dice. It might be best to either dock their move a little bit or bring their attack down to 1, considering how easily it's boosted.
Old September 15th, 2018, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I like the basis for this design. I do worry about it potentially being a little too strong to have a 40-point 4-figure squad that prevents leaving engagements, but few people risk leaving engagement attacks anyways, so it'll probably fall more into the thematic category like A Coward's Reward rather than the powerful one.

Arachnomancer Bonding doesn't feel out of place considering their species, and we already have another squad of bonding spiders in the game. I think it's a valid way to give the Drow some more playtime, even if it is something that we've already seen before.

The real concern that I have with these guys is their move when combined with their price and attack. Since they can almost always be in Estivara's aura (and tie up melee before they can reach her) and gain height easily with 8 move, they could regularly be throwing 4 attacks of 4 dice. It might be best to either dock their move a little bit or bring their attack down to 1, considering how easily it's boosted.
Their move can easily be lowered to 7, or even 6 if necessary. 8 was a very recent change, and I haven't tested it that high yet.

This doesn't really give the Drow much playtime, it just gives Estivara more playtime. The rest of the Drow aren't really affected by the spiders. Pelloth does bond with them, but he's useless to bond with.

1/1 stats feel very useless. The arrow gruts have that, but they have range, and a cheaper chearleader that's common, and therefore replaceable.
Old September 15th, 2018, 04:18 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:

Their move can easily be lowered to 7, or even 6 if necessary. 8 was a very recent change, and I haven't tested it that high yet.

This doesn't really give the Drow much playtime, it just gives Estivara more playtime. The rest of the Drow aren't really affected by the spiders. Pelloth does bond with them, but he's useless to bond with.

1/1 stats feel very useless. The arrow gruts have that, but they have range, and a cheaper chearleader that's common, and therefore replaceable.
I personally prefer either lowering the move or a slight increase to the points over a nerf to the attack. I think that with Arachnomancer Bonding, though, it's best to assume that they'll be getting the attack bonus from Estivara at almost all times, and if they can easily claim height with 8 move, I could see it getting out of hand very quickly.

I wouldn't say that these guys make the Deepwyrm Drow tournament worthy or anything, but I do think that they'll encourage a little more casual playtime for the Drow. Suddenly you get more efficient turns with Arachnomancers, more figures to fill the board, and a thematic unit to add to those armies.
Old September 15th, 2018, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I personally prefer either lowering the move or a slight increase to the points over a nerf to the attack. I think that with Arachnomancer Bonding, though, it's best to assume that they'll be getting the attack bonus from Estivara at almost all times, and if they can easily claim height with 8 move, I could see it getting out of hand very quickly.

I wouldn't say that these guys make the Deepwyrm Drow tournament worthy or anything, but I do think that they'll encourage a little more casual playtime for the Drow. Suddenly you get more efficient turns with Arachnomancers, more figures to fill the board, and a thematic unit to add to those armies.
Yeah, I'll probably lower the move to 7, and playtest from there.

Now in regards to the Drow, Their heros don't actually help them at all. Pelloth just kills them, and if you're going for that strategy you want all the drow you can get, so you have more targets to blow up. Estivara has a neat special, but she only helps spiders, and does nothing for the other Drow. These spiders do almost nothing for the Drow, except for Estivara, and she does nothing for the rest of the Drow. You say that this won't make then tournament worthy, but I'm just confused as to why you think this will effect the rest of the Drow at all?

Last edited by Leaf_It; September 15th, 2018 at 05:47 AM.
Old September 15th, 2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Now in regards to the Drow, Their heros don't actually help them at all. Pelloth just kills them, and if you're going for that strategy you want all the drow you can get, so you have more targets to blow up. Estivara has a neat special, but she only helps spiders, and does nothing for the other Drow. These spiders do almost nothing for the Drow, except for Estivara, and she does nothing for the rest of the Drow. You say that this won't make then tournament worthy, but I'm just confused as to why you think this will effect the rest of the Drow at all?
A build can be both non-competitive and fun. Throwing squads of spiders in with Drow could be an interesting and thematic dungeon room, players may want to still try the combo even if it doesn't work too well (such as when Roman Archers and Legionnaires are in the same army), or anything in-between. I do not believe that these units will really help the rest of the Drow, but I do believe that they will lead them to be played more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards