Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old September 14th, 2008, 01:47 AM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker
Re: BattleMasters - customized game

Wow, thanks for posting this Grishnakh! This one holds major childhood memories for me, to the point that I pulled it out just a few weeks ago for my 4-year-old son to try out. Of course he loved it. Alas, it's just not as fun for me now as it was. Spoiled by today's gaming advances, I guess.

Perhaps I would have had more fun playing with your set! Great work, enjoyed the pictures.
Old September 14th, 2008, 07:30 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

For all of you people lamenting not owning this game I highly reccomend you check out ebay. This game sells for around
20-25$ usually on there.

BTW Grish, that is very cool to see!!!!
Old September 15th, 2008, 01:26 AM

dickflea Woo who?

Whao! Grish very nice job. I have been meaning to paint mine since i first got it (16 years ago) but haven't really gotten round to it yet, that is apart from some knights that i did start painting.

It is still in the box having only taken it out to fiddle with the miniatures, i never really had the oppotunity to play it.

Thanks for the memories.
Old June 30th, 2011, 09:19 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I know this is a necro, but I'm curious. Does anyone have this game and have they had problems with broken weapons and have they somehow fixed or replaced the weapons and if so, with what?

We've got a lot of spears that have been broken off of riders, and one of the cannonmen lost his lighter-stick.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:21 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I know this is a necro, but I'm curious. Does anyone have this game and have they had problems with broken weapons and have they somehow fixed or replaced the weapons and if so, with what?

We've got a lot of spears that have been broken off of riders, and one of the cannonmen lost his lighter-stick.
I have used superglue when I can, it works very well, but for stuff that are missing pieces I have done nothing.

Go Moon Tribe Goblins!
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:23 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:

The spear shafts on those minis are indeed very thin. I'd try superglue as well to reattach them. Perhaps overlapping the broken spear somehow to give the glued joint more strength? Otherwise you get into drilling a small hole to place the broken spear into. Good luck and let us know if you find a solution.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 11:11 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

After several starts and stops over the past two years I finally got my Advanced version of the Battle Masters rules ready enough for a play test. The game went very well and I was happy with about 95% of it. The few things that did come up were simple problems and I've been able to adjust the rules in question already. Anyway, thought I'd show a few pictures from our game. And in case you don't know Battle Masters was designed by the same person that did both HeroQuest and Heroscape, Stephen Baker.

One last thing, if any of you are going to be at TotalCon next year I'll be running this so watch the schedule for it.

Old October 23rd, 2013, 04:19 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Would you be up for uploading the rules? I just got a hold of a second set and would love to play a bigger battle.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old October 23rd, 2013, 09:16 AM
Titleless

Quote:
Would you be up for uploading the rules? I just got a hold of a second set and would love to play a bigger battle.
Two problems with that. There's over 120 cards plus the rules. The InDesign file weighs in at 103MB. A pdf would compress it down I'm sure but it would still be a huge file. Not too sure the guys that run the site would like that stored on their server.

The other problem is that the rules are still pretty unformalized. They're written in sort of a gamers short hand that I understand but others might not.

I didn't really change much with the original game. I only tweaked it a little bit. The real bulk of what I did was to add new units; dragons, giants, trolls, elves, dwarves, skeletons, etc. Along with wizards. Keeping with the Games Workshop theme I mainly use Games Workshops figures that I've acquired over the years. You'd have to supplement the base game with those types of new figures. And there's a bunch of them.

Anyway, these pictures represent the first full play test I've ever done with my rules. I do plan to run this at TotalCon in February and need to have the game ready by then. I'll see what I can do about making a low res pdf sometime between now and then. At the very least it would give you an idea how I expanded the game so you could do the same.
Old January 6th, 2014, 08:23 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just want to mention that I was in this game, and it was incredible! Not only was it physically a usual Grish Amazing Production, but the rules were so well done that I loved playing it (for the first time) as a simple war game. I was able to make tactical moves with my partner (4 players) that affected the outcome, so that I felt fully engaged with it. There were interesting choices to make in the army building and set up. Once the game got started, it was nonstop action with lots of different and interesting units and powers. POW!

Kudos to Grish for hosting this great game project. I hope very much to play it again.
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Titleless

Thanks Chas! It's always a hard sell to get people to play a home grown game. And I'm glad you're on board to play test most of what I've come up with so far! Your thoughts and insights are always appreciated. Now, let's see if I can get a couple of people next month at TotalCon to sign up for this!
Old January 6th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Titleless

Here's a couple of additional pictures from the game that Chas played in.

The Wizard gets additional bonuses when he is in the standing stone hex. However it exposes him to attack!

The evil side's dragon blasts through the Empire Knights...

...and then attacks a squad of Wood Elves on top of the watch tower!

Last edited by Grishnakh; January 6th, 2014 at 12:16 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games