Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old June 7th, 2019, 02:08 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Many thanks for all of the answers so far, everyone. They're much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Except that, at 'End of Round' it is not any player's turn, so who decides? When there is no active player, I think it comes down to a d20-off.
It's not a turn-based decision. It's whether or not multiple simultaneous effects are owned by the same player. If there are simultaneous effects owned by different players, it will be a roll-off between them. But we ruled that as unnecessary for effects owned by a single player. Thus, in this case, the player would decide whether to use Wannok before or after the unit's power.
So if the other player controlled Wannok, then it would have to resort to a dice-off, correct? Part of what was so confusing was that both players had Wannok, so there were many simultaneous effects occurring at once.

I've never thought of glyph powers as belonging to the controlling player before, but that would help simplify things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
You could also shift the timing:
Quote:
....At the beginning of each round, before placing order markers, remove all Seishin Samurai from the battlefield.
(But this is probably a discussion better suited for either the Pre-SoV Workshop or your personal customs thread).

I like that suggestion for solving the problem on my design.

I wasn't ready to seek feedback on the design itself yet, but I wanted to see a general rules perspective on the problem and I couldn't think of another "official" example, though I think that the question is broader than my own personal custom.
Old June 7th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I've never thought of glyph powers as belonging to the controlling player before, but that would help simplify things.
That is also an arguable point. I would consider it under a player's control, but some may disagree.
Old June 24th, 2019, 10:25 AM

Scud-O has disabled reputation
Re: C3V Public Announcements

There are a LOT of free 3D printiable minis available all over the internet (I mostly use Thingiverse). Would the C3V ever consider starting to use creative commons licensed .STLs that players could print (or that some people who are kind-hearted, have access to multiple 3D printers, and are very humble about their kind-heartedness could print for them)? Costs would be super low (I have printed about 40 minis in the last few weeks and have used MAYBE 1/6 of a spool of filament, so we're talking mostly shipping costs, if someone wants to have other people print the minis) and, yes, the minis would need to be painted by hand (but maybe allowances could be made for unpainted minis at events?) but that would ensure that any and everyone who wanted to use the customs could do so.

Just an idea and maybe it's been covered before.
Old June 24th, 2019, 11:10 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V Public Announcements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud-O View Post
There are a LOT of free 3D printiable minis available all over the internet (I mostly use Thingiverse). Would the C3V ever consider starting to use creative commons licensed .STLs that players could print (or that some people who are kind-hearted, have access to multiple 3D printers, and are very humble about their kind-heartedness could print for them)? Costs would be super low (I have printed about 40 minis in the last few weeks and have used MAYBE 1/6 of a spool of filament, so we're talking mostly shipping costs, if someone wants to have other people print the minis) and, yes, the minis would need to be painted by hand (but maybe allowances could be made for unpainted minis at events?) but that would ensure that any and everyone who wanted to use the customs could do so.

Just an idea and maybe it's been covered before.
Hey Scud-O!

Good question (and I moved it over here to this thread so I can answer it more fully).

We're always looking for ways to expand our pool of available miniatures. So far, though, we're sticking to pre-painted, and that is going to continue to be one of C3V's core tenets. We want everything to be as accessible to everybody as possible.

In that spirit, we recently did collaborate with some of our 3D printing members to design an alternate figure for an upcoming release. There's a few reasons we decided to go that route, but the reason it worked so well is that the figure has a devastatingly simple paintjob and is only vaguely humanoid.

In my experience, human-like faces don't turn out very well from a filament printer.

All that said, I think we would be able to consider (no promises, just consider) a 3D printed miniature in the following circumstances:
  • The .stl was free for all 'Scapers
  • The print quality was high
  • We had a partner who was willing to paint and sell several dozen figures.
  • The figure filled a niche that would be hard to fill with existing pre-painted options.

If you think those are hurdles you could clear, or you're interested in talking further about it, please send me a PM.
Old August 13th, 2019, 02:50 AM

GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker

Would a slightly modified Heroscape miniature be considered “readily available?” For example if someone nominated a custom to the SoV that was just Saylind without wings would that be considered accessible? While Heroscape figures are getting harder and harder to obtain, I assume most of us could get Saylind if we don’t already have a Saylind.
Old August 13th, 2019, 03:32 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatPlainsKnight View Post
Would a slightly modified Heroscape miniature be considered “readily available?” For example if someone nominated a custom to the SoV that was just Saylind without wings would that be considered accessible? While Heroscape figures are getting harder and harder to obtain, I assume most of us could get Saylind if we don’t already have a Saylind.
This generally frowned upon. You'd have to have a really fantastic design to get away with it.
Old September 30th, 2019, 07:48 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

With the Wild Wood Runner getting an officially recognized sculpt that is 3D printed, I would like a clear stance on what that can mean for future designs. More specifically, I took classes on 3D modeling. I can create my own sculpts be 3D printed.

If the designer of the model being used gives permission for the Heroscape community to use the model, and the 3D printed model only needs 1 layer of paint, plus maybe a wash/drybrush, to look good, would the SoV (since the C3V can already choose to do this behind closed doors) be willing to accept a GOOD design based on that model?

Q: Did you have anything specific in mind Leaf_It?
A: Yes I do. 2 things specifically. The last 3 wyrmlings (Ullar, Utgar, and Valkrill), and a Warforged hero that I want to model.

It has been dream of the C3V/SoV (I assume, correct me if I'm wrong here) to be able to make their own models for their designs. I am willing to fill the position of modeler/sculpter if you'll allow me to. The SoV wyrmlings (if you'd accept me trying to do that) would be a trial run to see if I'm actually able to deliver on this, and if I am, well it's up the Inner Sanctum.
Old September 30th, 2019, 08:37 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Interesting. This looks more like an SoV question than a C3V one, so I'll punt, though it's possible I'll end up getting consulted anyway. @Scytale , thoughts?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 30th, 2019, 08:45 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I don't think we've ever said that availability has to come from a store, but we've also never gone for a figure that does not have a painted option.

I think I've answered this question elsewhere like this:

As long as the 3D figure is a good model, is publicly released, has a relatively simple paint job, and you are willing to paint and sell some yourself, I'd be fine with it.
Old September 30th, 2019, 09:08 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The painted part is the biggest problem. Best bet would be as an alternate for a sculpt with insufficient availability, as we did with the Wildwood Runner.

I also haven't had a great love for 3D-printed figures in general. Professional printers using high-quality plastic do a good job, but outside of that they lack decent detail.

The thought of dealing with yet another Green Wyrmling makes me throw up a little.
Old September 30th, 2019, 09:15 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
The painted part is the biggest problem. Best bet would be as an alternate for a sculpt with insufficient availability, as we did with the Wildwood Runner.

I also haven't had a great love for 3D-printed figures in general. Professional printers using high-quality plastic do a good job, but outside of that they lack decent detail.

The thought of dealing with yet another Green Wyrmling makes me throw up a little.
Hey! We were young and foolish then; I'm old and foolish now.

Spoiler Alert!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 30th, 2019, 09:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
I knew you would say this

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs