Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old June 4th, 2007, 04:54 PM

Dragonslayer is surprisingly tart
Winds of Plunder and other Pirate games

I almost fell into coma during Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (nope dude, I'm not posting in the wrong forum, that is just the intro ) - so I had my share of pirates on the screen for good but I gladly dig into that genre anytime on a gaming table.
Anybody allready has experience with GMT's Winds of Plunder? I have it on order and I'm looking forward to it.
Looks very euro style, with wooden ships and cubes. What about other pirate games? I have Pirate's Cove, but that's about it. Love it b.t.w. and it's on top of the to-play-list of my gaming group.
Anything else?

Oh, I almost forgot to re-introduce myself... My name is Dragonslayer (incl. the typo) and I used to roam this realm before...

Old July 9th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Hi.

Those games sound fun...I'll definitely have to check them out. I'm looking for a game that basically recreates the Pirate life and adventuring aspect while still providing fun gameplay. I don't want a game that's just any old game with pirate trappings around it. Which one do you recommend?

(I'm familiar with the Pirates Constructible Game but not terribly interested in it just yet.)
Old July 9th, 2007, 01:11 PM

peterm has disabled reputation
I put Merchants and Marauders, and Blackbeard on my list awhile ago. I haven't kept up with how they've developed, but they looked interesting enough awhile ago.
Piraten auf Schatzjagd (Pirates on the High Seas, http://boardgamegeek.com/game/26118) also looks fun, but more like a toy than a game.
I thought you were the same person who replied to a question of mine about that game, because you have the same avatar. That was a pretty nice picture!
Old July 9th, 2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm
I put Merchants and Marauders, and Blackbeard on my list awhile ago. I haven't kept up with how they've developed, but they looked interesting enough awhile ago.
Piraten auf Schatzjagd (Pirates on the High Seas, http://boardgamegeek.com/game/26118) also looks fun, but more like a toy than a game.
I thought you were the same person who replied to a question of mine about that game, because you have the same avatar. That was a pretty nice picture!
Yep, that was me. Thank you for the compliment on the black ship picture Pirates on the High Seas is a toy, but since you have to play by rules, it's a game as well - one that brings out the kid in you. I got this for my little son but I enjoy it as well and consider buying a second copy for myself (especially since a local store has it 50% off the regular price).

Old July 9th, 2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
Hi.

Those games sound fun...I'll definitely have to check them out. I'm looking for a game that basically recreates the Pirate life and adventuring aspect while still providing fun gameplay. I don't want a game that's just any old game with pirate trappings around it. Which one do you recommend?

(I'm familiar with the Pirates Constructible Game but not terribly interested in it just yet.)
Hi to you too

I have got Winds of Plunder but wasn't able to play it yet. The components are nice though and I look forward to get it on the tabel. From reading the rules I'd say there's similar mechanics as in Pirate's Cove but in a more mature way.

I got Rum & Pirates recently and was also able to play it. If you like light games, check it out. It has a nice movement mechanism, lots of dice rolling and overall fun gameplay. It's a bit of a longer filler.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/19948

The one that is now on my radar is Age of Piracy

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/25292

Looks promising

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games