Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old February 16th, 2010, 08:43 PM

marneuscalgar is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Customs by Yodaking - Updated 2/8 - Page 3

ahahaha 'Nids!

...And they shall know no fear.
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:27 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

All I can say is wow. Those are some amazing custom pieces! I really should try my hand at customs sometime..

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old February 18th, 2010, 03:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Thanks Sport! I reccomend giving it a try as they add quite a bit to the game IMO. If your first ones don't look quite right, don't worry about it. They will get better over time as you gain more expereince working with the different materials.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 02:18 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Just a quick addition. Here is a fingerboard playset I converted into Heroscape use. I'll be giving it away as a prize at the Mad Titan II Superhero Showdown next Sat.

Before:

After:

Old March 6th, 2010, 07:09 PM

adbirk19 is surprisingly tart

that looks awsome very good painting

stingers>everything else
Old March 7th, 2010, 03:15 PM
C3G Landlord

Thanks adbirk19 and everyone else that has thrown any compliments my way.
Old March 18th, 2010, 09:05 PM

Pax is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

great stuff!
how did you make the stonge henge?
Old March 18th, 2010, 09:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Thanks!. I use Green Foam to make the Stone Hendge. I cut it into blocks (based on the length and width of 3 hex tiles in a row), then shaped them down into the stone shapes using an assortment of blades and sandpaper. Also left a tab on one end of each leg, with matching holes on the bottom of the ones that lay across the top. That way when I was ready to glue them, they would hold together better. Once you are done carving them, cover the stones with a couple layers of Modge Podge. That seals the foam up, but it did leave it covered in small bumbps so I used sandpaper to smooth it out once again. Paint as desired.

Last edited by Yodaking; March 18th, 2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old March 27th, 2010, 03:04 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishlad5
nice! the cat look devious, don't they always.
The cat is actually Utgar!
I knew it!

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old April 20th, 2010, 04:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Well it took me over a year to finally get around to it, but I finally made myself an ox cart after giving the other one away as a tournement prize. Here are a few quick pics to show how it turned out.

The first one I made look like it had been caught in an attack, with the broken wagon wheel and arrows embedded. This time I just made it look as though it were sitting idle, waiting to be or recently had been loaded/unloaded. I didn't glue the 3 barrels down either, so you could take them out and set them up on any adjecent tile(s) as a movement blocker if so desired. Also left two of the hexes, on the 7 hex base, clear so a figure could get in close and hide behind it better. With both wheels intact, it really makes a very nice LOS blocker for sneaky melee units to use as cover.

One other thing I did differently was with the barrels. Before painting them, I drew horizontal lines on the side and across the top with a pencil to show where the indiviual wood planks of the barrel would be. Then I used my hobby knife to carve then out. It was a bit tediuos, but in the end worth the effort IMO. Now instead of just painting on the lines at the end, a nice wash made the detial pop and let them look more like real barrels.
Old May 9th, 2010, 11:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Re: Customs by Yodaking

Pretty excited about my latest custom terrain project. I think it turned out great. It is a Log Cabin in which the inside is accessable. I really wanted to enter it in the current speed terrain contest as a forest themed item, but I started working on it in the last week of April so it didn't technically qualify.

Anyways, time for a little Cowboys & Indians action!

The Cowboys find themselves surrounded by attacking Indians.

The roof was made removable for easy access to the inside hexes.

Guilty takes on all comers!

Indians try to sneak up around the side.

But Murphy covers the rear.

Hope you all like it as much as I do.

I took a ton of pictures while I did this project and plan on putting up a tutorial soon. I've uploaded the pics (49 in total) but still need to write it all up. So it might be a few days before I get it posted. I'll make a seperate thread for it so keep a look out. If you have any questions, you can ask them now and I will try to include the awnser in the tutorial (so don't expect to see the anwser here in this thread). I'll also come back and link the tutorial here once it is up.

*Edit* Here is the link to the tutorial.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...49#post1085349

Last edited by Yodaking; May 12th, 2010 at 01:16 AM.
Old May 10th, 2010, 12:17 AM

mojobang knows what's in an order marker mojobang knows what's in an order marker mojobang knows what's in an order marker
Re: Customs by Yodaking - **NEW Log Cabin page 5**

Yee-haw! I haven't seen enough cowboy stuff here amongst all the builders! Glad to see another addition. I like the thatched roof idea, Yoda.

Everytime I look in my daughter's room I am reminded that I should try to build something with Lincoln Logs...seems like they would be a perfect resource for a smart 'scaper trying to something rustic 1800's style.

Looks somewhat like what you did, I think.

Well done.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles