Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old December 28th, 2011, 12:04 PM

TheStorm77 knows what's in an order marker TheStorm77 knows what's in an order marker
"Heroics" - possible new source for cheap figs?

I discovered this at WalMart a couple weeks ago, but only today have I been able to get any further info.

A hair on the small side, maybe, but, re-based, I think they'd be highly effective.
Especially since they're 97 cents. Blind packed in ping pong balls, but a dollar a figure.

Here's a couple of links that I found helpful -

Product launch page - http://www.heroicstoys.com/

A discussion thread, where someone from the company jumps on and talks about the plans for the line - http://www.toyark.com/marvel-heroics-79917/

Just thought someone might like to know...

Mmmmm... Scape...
Old December 28th, 2011, 12:15 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: "Heroics" - possible new source for cheap figs?

I've seen these as well, and considered purchasing a few.

Ultimately, I was held back by the fact that they are blind purchase, many similar Heroclix figures are already available more to scale and less than $1, and so far most of the characters represented seem to be 'big names' that already have easily obtainable 'Clix or Scape figures.

Still a product to watch though, and a good source of figures for those who maybe are hesitant to buy over the internet.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old December 28th, 2011, 12:19 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

They are way more than a "hair to small"
Old December 28th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

A hair too small would be OK for our favorite 5'3" Canuck.
Old December 28th, 2011, 10:57 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Those are too small for my tastes, though I will concede that I wouldn't ever mix classic and Marvel were I ever to get some Superheroes.
Old January 13th, 2012, 09:25 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I think they're simply too small, whereas the current abundance of Heroclix figures are correctly scaled. If they were scaled better, than maybe they would be a good investment.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 14th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I think they're simply too small, whereas the current abundance of Heroclix figures are correctly scaled. If they were scaled better, than maybe they would be a good investment.
They'd be useful for young'ns who might not be as careful as we are with the little plastic soldiers.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; February 6th, 2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: This post is for the 5-10 year olds! :p
Old January 15th, 2012, 04:48 PM

TheStorm77 knows what's in an order marker TheStorm77 knows what's in an order marker

Just to follow up...
We got hold of some of the others, and, well - I'll still stand behind certain sculpts: There are second versions of Wolvie and Spidey that, rebased, look a little "thinner" than Scape figs, but would totally work.
Thor, however, would look great - on one of the vikings altars or mantlepieces (hmmmm... now I'm thinking of a custom terrain piece). And, Hulk... Well... Can anyone think of a good bonus for when MarvelScape Hulk holds his cuddly Hulk doll? (Seriously, I have to take a picture, it's so cute!)

But I definitely still agree with those who said a) they're a good proxy if you don't want to track down and mail-order HeroClix, and b) they'd be great for the younger set to brawl with. (Just don't let them send Thor on a mission to the caverns of Na-Sal. Nothing up there Mjolner can fix.)

Who knows, maybe future waves will produce more game-friendly sculpts. The company rep that posted in that thread I found asked for suggestions, and I did drop them a line...

Mmmmm... Scape...
Old January 16th, 2012, 09:10 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

They could always be commemorative statues to smash during your games (in short, DOs).

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 12th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've been curious about these since this thread has been posted and they've Finally reached my Wal*Mart. I bought two, a green for my nephew and a purple for my Niece.
He got Wolverine and she got Spiderman - The exact two I wanted to get (because they're supposed to be small). They're too small. They're slightly smaller than Shiori, which is a size oddity in the HS world.

Edit: Also Wolverine's pose - rigid, standing straight upward like he's Lex Luther or something - is not so good.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old August 8th, 2012, 09:33 PM
has been BANNED

jammer397 costs too much!

I stick with using Clix and hand full of heroes figures. Fyi they have the Heroic figures for Marvel and DC. I have seen them at Wal-Mart but if I remeber right Toys R Us has them too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News