Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old May 9th, 2011, 12:51 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: VENUSAUR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerjones View Post
Option 5.

However, if we go with Option 6, I see no need for a limit on how many Photosynthesis (still think it should be Charge) markers can be on Venusaur. Both powers in this option are self-limiting.
I think it should be charge markers as well.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post
I think it should be charge markers as well.
I agree. That will be the next vote.
Old May 10th, 2011, 09:27 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

4 Votes for Option 5 (including WA's vote).

This is what Venusaur looks like right now:

Options for Marker name:
- Photosynthesis Markers
- Charge Markers
- Power Up Markers
- Energy Markers

Comments? How do the stats look? What name do you prefer for the markers?

I prefer Energy Markers--as a nod to the Trading Card game.
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:18 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

Energy Markers.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:32 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

Dang, I really liked how Venusaur is turning out. End of semester hit me like a ton of bricks and I didn't get a chance to submit a design but I really like the current Venusaur. This energy marker system looks to me to be an awesome way to implement a pokemon with Sunny Day. Something like you would put 2 energy counters on a Photosynthesis pokemon every turn when Sunny Day is in effect.

Old May 10th, 2011, 02:02 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
Dang, I really liked how Venusaur is turning out. End of semester hit me like a ton of bricks and I didn't get a chance to submit a design but I really like the current Venusaur. This energy marker system looks to me to be an awesome way to implement a pokemon with Sunny Day. Something like you would put 2 energy counters on a Photosynthesis pokemon every turn when Sunny Day is in effect.
You might do it where you can put them on any figure. Of course, this will only actually do anything for pokemon that have abilities that use energy markers.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old May 10th, 2011, 08:25 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Energy Markers or Photosynthesis Markers. Either is fine with me.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old May 10th, 2011, 09:32 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Energy markers. Also I think it should say remove markers, instead of discard.

Old May 10th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

I am going to have to go with Photosynthesis Markers. It just makes sense for a flower to absorb the Sun's energy and convert it into something useful. Plus, we can always change it to Energy Markers later if we come across a similar move (I can't think of one off the top of my head).
Old May 10th, 2011, 10:10 PM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
I am going to have to go with Photosynthesis Markers. It just makes sense for a flower to absorb the Sun's energy and convert it into something useful. Plus, we can always change it to Energy Markers later if we come across a similar move (I can't think of one off the top of my head).
Stockpile?
Old May 10th, 2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Energy markers. Also I think it should say remove markers, instead of discard.
Good catch. I'll change it to "remove".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
Hyper Beam
Focus Energy

And I like minimoose's idea about Sunny Day, but I'd make it:

Sunny Day
You may place 1 Energy Marker on the card of every Pokemon you control with Photosynthesis as one of its abilities.
Old May 10th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Sunny Day
You may place 1 Energy Marker on the card of every Pokemon you control with the Photosynthesis special abilities.
That is why I like energy markers: the alternative is to say "You may place 1 Photosynthesis marker on any or all Pokemon you control" or "You may place 1 Photosynthesis marker on any or all Pokemon you control with the Photosynthesis special ability."

The same thing is accomplished either way, but in the first case you only need to make one set of markers which can be used for basically anything.

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; May 10th, 2011 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Oh yeah, 3000 design thread posts! Quite a bit of design work.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum