Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Closed Thread

Old September 8th, 2008, 04:49 PM

caltino is surprisingly tart
Pay it forward - free miniatures

I was looking to buy Marro from the SotM set and Onion Knight sent me a package for free. In his honor, I am starting this pay it forward thread. I hope it lives on for many iterations.

Here's how it works. I have some miniatures (pics below) that you can get if you agree that you will send out some miniatures of your own to whomever wants them.

1) The person who receives a package has to post a message here saying he or she got the minis and now is ready to send his or her minis (this is the offer)
2) the first person who accepts the offer by posting here after the offer goes out is the next target. The person offering can get in touch with the person receiving through PM for address info.
3) The person offering posts a message saying the package is on its way. This way if the thread is broken, we will at least know who the Grinch was.

My additional suggestions:
1) Please offer something new and interesting. Do not offer your extra set of RotV miniatures or similar minis as everyone has those and this will kill the thread.
2) If you are the next target and a package is on the way, please post a picture of the minis that you will offer when you receive your package. It's nice to see the minis that are going around. The pics can be stock images from the net. Please at least describe them, so the members of the forum can watch the thread if they are interested in your (upcoming) offer.
3) you don't have to offer the same number as you received (I certainly cannot match Onion Knight's generosity), but try to offer a nice selection. This is also not a dumping ground for worthless/ugly minis that don't match up. Basically, be generous.

So here's my offer.
I will send out all the minis from the picture below. There are two squads here, all in different poses, so they should make for good customs.

Last edited by caltino; September 8th, 2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old September 8th, 2008, 04:55 PM

Soridir is surprisingly tart
Re: Pay it forward - free miniatures

I'm in theis is a great idea. I'll offer pokemon figs to the next person after. I'll post the figs later though. Great idea and rep up

My Custom Terrain and Obstacles
My Scenarios 1
My Scenarios 2
Old September 8th, 2008, 06:07 PM

Soridir has accepted my offer (Please contact me through PM and tell me your address and I will ship the minis tomorrow if I can).

Watch this space for Soridir's offer and his pics. If anyone else would like to offer minis and get something going, obviously you are welcome to do it.

I hope we will see minis posted here every week until we are all playing with the Star Wars style 3d animated holographic miniatures.

C.A.
Old September 8th, 2008, 06:20 PM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Great idea, Caltino.

Last edited by Onion Knight; September 8th, 2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old September 8th, 2008, 06:27 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Very cool. I'd say this has a nice built in 'guarantee' that folks will follow thru on paying it forward. I'd say it's a pretty underhanded thing to do if you accepted some minis and then didn't offer any. The ire I imagine will be pretty significant by the community.

-insert signature here-
Old September 8th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

This is a nifty idea, I'd suggest that people don't have to post actual pictures of the miniatures they are sending and could use stock pictures off a website if they have to as well since not everyone has a nice camera or can easily put photos up.

I'd be in for some D&D Miniatures and Mage Knight stuff at some point.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 8th, 2008, 06:38 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Absolutely brilliant. I've got plenty of Mage Knight lying around (and a few extra HS you could chop up for spare parts). If I see something I like I may be paying it forward!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 8th, 2008, 06:40 PM

hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltino View Post
Soridir has accepted my offer (Please contact me through PM and tell me your address and I will ship the minis tomorrow if I can).

Watch this space for Soridir's offer and his pics. If anyone else would like to offer minis and get something going, obviously you are welcome to do it.

I hope we will see minis posted here every week until we are all playing with the Star Wars style 3d animated holographic miniatures.

C.A.
Great idea but, I see orc tents in our future.
Old September 8th, 2008, 06:42 PM

I modified the original post to make it clear that a) stock images are OK, and b) the receiver should post what they plan to offer, so others can decide if they want to watch the thread.
Old September 8th, 2008, 07:57 PM

Soridir is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexplex? View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by caltino View Post

C.A.
Great idea but, I see orc tents in our future.
No I don't like the Orc tent anymore so I won't give it to someone because they probally won't like it. I realize now how bad it looked.

My Custom Terrain and Obstacles
My Scenarios 1
My Scenarios 2
Old September 8th, 2008, 08:04 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

One thing we may want to encourage, that if it is your turn to pay it forward and the item(s) you are offering get no bites after X amount of time, then you are obligated to offer something else.

Just thinking that in one person's mind an item is worthy only to have nobody else agree. This way everyone knows going in that you may need a back-up plan.

-insert signature here-
Old September 8th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very neat idea, Caltino.

Just curious, what is the figure on the far right?
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion