Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think will be best, Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero4?
Guitar Hero World Tour (4) 5 26.32%
Rock Band 2 5 26.32%
Who cares, they are both going to rock! 1 5.26%
I can't say untill I've played/seen both of them. 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 14th, 2008, 12:52 PM

$$un is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Question What do you think will be better?

I think Guitar Hero World Tour is going to be better than Rock Band 2. This is because I saw E3 and the drums for Guitar Hero look much better, also Guitar Hero's series is much harder than Rock Band. (It's a good thing for me because I play on expert and Rock Band is way to easy.)

What do you think will be better?

I <3 noobs
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:33 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What do you think will be better?

I've played Guitar Hero 3, and I've only seen pictures of Rock Band. GH3 I think is a sweet game if your good at it, but I've always liked the fact that you can actually be a band in Rock Band. Now that Guitar Hero 4 is coming out, this time with guitars and drums (don't know if you actually sing though), I think that it will become everything Rock Band is and more.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:34 PM

I don't think you can sing in Guitar Hero 4, but the drums are awsome!

I <3 noobs
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:38 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by $$un View Post
Yeah, that's one thing that didn't appeal to me about Rock Band. I think singing the song should be left to the guy in the game, not for real people, some of whom can't carry a tune worth a darn. Basically, it seemed like it would be distracting. If you get to much noise actually playing, wouldn't it be hard to hear the song you're playing? (Remember though, I've never played Rock Band, so correct me if singing isn't as bad as I think)

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by $$un View Post
Yeah, that's one thing that didn't appeal to me about Rock Band. I think singing the song should be left to the guy in the game, not for real people, some of whom can't carry a tune worth a darn. Basically, it seemed like it would be distracting. If you get to much noise actually playing, wouldn't it be hard to hear the song you're playing?
I know what you mean, my freinds and I had a Rock Band party and you should of heard the singer! Anyway, you can just sing with a printed out sheet with the words on it if you realy want to sing. (Even though I love singing Paranoid and Wanted Dead or Alive)

I <3 noobs
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The singing is REALLY not distracting at all, as one of the settings allows for the in game singer to sing with the guy (or gal) who is doing the singing for the band. The rest of the music is loud enough not to screw with the timing.

Rock Band 2 all the way. The original is one of the best party games ever, the sequel will just have MORE of an already deadly game system.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd Stev View Post
The singing is REALLY not distracting at all, as one of the settings allows for the in game singer to sing with the guy (or gal) who is doing the singing for the band. The rest of the music is loud enough not to screw with the timing.

Rock Band 2 all the way. The original is one of the best party games ever, the sequel will just have MORE of an already deadly game system.
The singer can be distacting, if he/she isn't that great or moans instead of singing the words. Rock band is one of the best party games ever, but that's untill they make another game with a guitar and drums but is harder than Rock Band. (Hmm, I wonder what that could be ?)

I <3 noobs
Old August 14th, 2008, 02:30 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation

Ok, I am pretty much the leading scientist on the matter. Heres everything you need to know.

Guitar hero WT and RB2. Both will have Guitar, bass, drums, and singing. Both will have an 84+song list. Both will have online multiplayer and DLC.

GHWT:
+although we only know 35 songs, its already better than RB@
+The wii version will not be crap like RBs Wii version
+Better instruments, expecially drums.

RB2s setlist is decent but not amazing. Its instruments are not as good as GHWT. But it has tons of DLC already available and weekly added songs.

I say if you own a wii, GHWT 100%. If you want it on 360, still GHWT. I think if you could, get GHWTs full set, and just the RB2's disk. This way you get the superior instruments and both games songs. We still need to see if RB2 wii will not be crap like 1 was.

My Signature
Old August 14th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Ok, I am pretty much the leading scientist on the matter. Heres everything you need to know.

Guitar hero WT and RB2. Both will have Guitar, bass, drums, and singing. Both will have an 84+song list. Both will have online multiplayer and DLC.

GHWT:

RB2s setlist is decent but not amazing. Its instruments are not as good as GHWT. But it has tons of DLC already available and weekly added songs.

I say if you own a wii, GHWT 100%. If you want it on 360, still GHWT. I think if you could, get GHWTs full set, and just the RB2's disk. This way you get the superior instruments and both games songs. We still need to see if RB2 wii will not be crap like 1 was.
You are the first person I've every really heard say that Rock Band is crap. Most people I've heard talk about it say it is quite fun.
Old August 14th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

:doublepost:
Old August 14th, 2008, 04:11 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

GHWT:

How is GHWT's setlist better than RB2? They're remarkably similar in quite a few regards, particularly if you include songs that won't be in RB2 because they're in RB1 or in the RBDLC.

Frankly I say RB2 simply because it finally breaks the stupid disc requirements over the head and embraces what it should have always been. Limiting yourself to an 84 song setlist is ridiculous when you can expand it to hundreds of songs. The simple fact that you can even port over the RB1 songs into RB2 seals the deal for me.

Also:
Quote:
Honestly there's know way to know that.

Frankly I don't consider either the PS2 or Wii version of Rock Band to be worth the money anyway. RB's best feature (besides the party game appeal) is its ever expanding library. Even the challenge issue goes out the window when you add in the Metallica pack, Earachethrash Pack, and this week's Roadrunner Records pack. Any of those songs will kill all but the folks who sleep through Dragonforce.
Old August 14th, 2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:

GHWT:

The Wii version of Rock Band is not a peice of crap! I own the Wii and Ps2 but I'm getting Rock Band 2 and GHWT, but I agree, RB2's setlist isn't that great.

EDIT: Oh and Cav, Rock Band is quite fun, untill you learn how to play on expert, then theres really no point.

I <3 noobs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games