Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old September 14th, 2020, 11:57 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: HeroQuest Revival?

Yeah, I think being fully coop was also key to Gloomhaven's massive success.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 14th, 2020, 02:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, I think being fully coop was also key to Gloomhaven's massive success.
I get that there are apps out there. I downloaded one for descent 2nd edition and Imperial assault. I just find them a little too fiddly to enjoy.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 14th, 2020, 02:42 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Gloomhaven has an app but it’s coop even without it. The app is just an add on that makes the AI easier to implement.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 14th, 2020, 02:42 PM

Jamminguitar Woo who?

I have yet to try out the online companion for Descent, but about a year ago I tried out the new Lord of the Rings board game by Fantasy Flight, Journeys in Middle Earth. It basically is an exploration RPG with an app controlling the game, similar to Descent. The idea was neat while playing, but my group found it difficult to properly display the screen of the game for all players to see well. Also, having to place each token on the map step by step as the app loaded new locations, alongside inputting each roll, took a lot of time and made everyone pretty bored while playing. We've yet to have anyone want to play again yet as far as I know. I think that if they are creating a version of Heroquest with a clear area to sit the phone or tablet so everyone can see, similarly to how a DM's location is defined in D&D, and the app actually takes little precedence over the course of the game, then the game could hopefully still turn out to be almost as much fun as the original. Although, I would hope that there might be an option for a GM to take over in the case that a group does not want to bother with an app.
Are there any other ideas of how this app might be implemented? I really do not have a lot of experience with HeroQuest so I do not know how much better or worse it would be to turn it into an app over a game like Descent or Journeys in Middle Earth.
Old September 14th, 2020, 03:11 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
I hope they solve the Zargon problem.
what was the Zargon problem? Just that the game requires a GM, or something else?
Exactly that the game requires a GM. And that being the GM for it isn't particularly fun. Makes it a lot tougher to get it on the table.
I must be weird, I liked being Zargon.
Old September 14th, 2020, 03:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Gloomhaven doesn't use an app. Extremely highly recommended game, by the way.

There are 3rd party apps that basically just help organize turn flow and enemy fiddly bits. I like it because if helps save space on the table, but absolutely not required for gameplay.
Old September 22nd, 2020, 12:11 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Looks to be some new art and minis (though same characters) and some new quests that you can add on. The furniture seems to be all minis too, which is a bit of an upgrade

Not sure if it’s worth it since I still have the original and Altar Quest will be here in the next few months and Blacklist games drew a lot of inspiration from HeroQuest.

Also, it doesn't look like you can just pledge for the expansions. I might do that if that was possible.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; September 22nd, 2020 at 01:39 PM. Reason: 1 million seems steep to me...
Old September 22nd, 2020, 01:53 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

So you can "Kickstart" it through Hasbro Pulse at https://hasbropulse.com/products/heroquest-game-system - $99 for base game, $149 includes 2 expansions. 76 Miniatures in base game makes it work it except, of course, they come unpainted. I am still guessing it has companion app so you don't have to have a designated DM, but not sure on that.

Old September 22nd, 2020, 02:06 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

So far there's not specifics on rules, it looks to be basically the same game.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 22nd, 2020, 03:45 PM

Unless there’s more in terms of mechanics updates/coop option, it’s a pass for me. I still have my never played original.

Old September 22nd, 2020, 06:24 PM

KingOfKyuss Woo who?

Just bought it. I don't own the original (it's been almost 2 decades) but I loved this game as a kid and $150 doesn't seem that bad. Ton of minatures.
Old September 22nd, 2020, 07:09 PM

Mr. Phats is surprisingly tart

You're gonna carry that weight... all 250 pounds of it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News