Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades
Sales and Trades A place for 'scapers to buy/sell/trade Heroscape-related stuff with each other

Notices

Old September 19th, 2020, 07:23 PM

KingOfKyuss Woo who?
Shill Bidding on eBay

I've been following this guy on eBay recently. He just listed 200 items from Heroscape on eBay, all of which are ending now tonight.

Almost every single item has ended up at or EXCEEDING ATH prices. This has to be some sort of manipulation, right? Everybody who is serious about Heroscape knows about ATH and wouldn't willingly overbid on eBay for something they can get cheaper on ATH (nevermind taxes/shipping eBay charges).

Am I just a conspiracy theorist or is there some BS afoot? For example, I just watched Zelrig sell for over $240 dollars, not incl taxes and shipping. You can buy him for not even $240 with free shipping on ATH.....
Old September 19th, 2020, 07:30 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Shill Bidding on eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfKyuss View Post
I've been following this guy on eBay recently. He just listed 200 items from Heroscape on eBay, all of which are ending now tonight.

Almost every single item has ended up at or EXCEEDING ATH prices. This has to be some sort of manipulation, right? Everybody who is serious about Heroscape knows about ATH and wouldn't willingly overbid on eBay for something they can get cheaper on ATH (nevermind taxes/shipping eBay charges).

Am I just a conspiracy theorist or is there some BS afoot? For example, I just watched Zelrig sell for over $240 dollars, not incl taxes and shipping. You can buy him for not even $240 with free shipping on ATH.....
Follow the seller and see if the same listings come up later on. If all of them shoot through the roof and are sold. Especially with the same bidder, then its funky. Ebay doesnt allow the name shown but does show the first and last digits of the name. Its sounds a bit off. If the person was a smart crook they would bid them up just under ath prices. Some peoples children!

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 19th, 2020, 07:46 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I’ve been watching this as well. A squad of Capuans sold for $91. Which is coincidentally exactly what ATH has them listed for Buy it Now on EBay. I was hoping to score a few things from this guys collection but what they’re going for is absurd.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old September 19th, 2020, 08:07 PM

KingOfKyuss Woo who?

Boromir, right? Like what the **** is going on with those auctions. Too many of them were either close to or at ATH prices, and then wind up actually being MORE expensive when you factor in shipping costs and taxes. I think something is really fishy.
Old September 19th, 2020, 10:17 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was really surprised by these too so I did some digging. I made a quick list of top bidders on about 15-20 of the more outlandishly priced auctions then compared it to the top three eBay sellers for 'Scape. It looks like both All Things Heroscape and jakalld were both all over many of these listings.

Here's a quick glance at some of the bids they made:
7375 jakalld
$36.87 KoW
$51 Quasatch
$31 DCoT
$81 Skahen

3317 ATH
$98.97 Zetacron
$140 Sujoah
$65-$70 Omnicron Repulsors
$80 Mohicans
$51 Quasatch
$56 Granites
$240 Zelrig

I will say that they were not the winning bids on most of the listings I looked at, but if nothing else, were driving up those prices hard. In several cases they were the winning bids as well.
Old September 19th, 2020, 10:32 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
I was really surprised by these too so I did some digging. I made a quick list of top bidders on about 15-20 of the more outlandishly priced auctions then compared it to the top three eBay sellers for 'Scape. It looks like both All Things Heroscape and jakalld were both all over many of these listings.

Here's a quick glance at some of the bids they made:
7375 jakalld
$36.87 KoW
$51 Quasatch
$31 DCoT
$81 Skahen

3317 ATH
$98.97 Zetacron
$140 Sujoah
$65-$70 Omnicron Repulsors
$80 Mohicans
$51 Quasatch
$56 Granites
$240 Zelrig

I will say that they were not the winning bids on most of the listings I looked at, but if nothing else, were driving up those prices hard. In several cases they were the winning bids as well.
I talked about this a few months ago.

After that auction, I was no longer convinced that 20% off ATH is reasonable.
More like 35-50%.
Old September 20th, 2020, 08:37 AM

KingOfKyuss Woo who?

That was the part that was infuriating. Every listing that sold wound up being somewhat near the ending price of other duplicate listings because ATH kept driving the price up on everything. There were no "deals" to be had.

Didn't ATH come on here a number of years ago and try to extend an olive branch to this community and act like they were here to help? And they essentially got the cold shoulder because everyone knows they are con artists looking to make a quick buck? What a scourge.
Old September 20th, 2020, 09:31 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

And if you think those prices they are bidding for are bad, what do you think they’re selling them for?!
Old September 21st, 2020, 09:39 AM

Talotta is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I'm glad you guys saw the same issues I did with these listings. I was really hopeful to scoop up a few pieces but those prices and the massive jumps in bids were outrageous. So disappointing to see everything on eBay selling for what are essentially ATH prices these days.
Old September 21st, 2020, 03:36 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

ATH is brutal, I have wanted a set of wave 7 forever but 300 dollars for 19 small-medium figures is absurd, it would be more worth it to be a decent 3D printer and paint the minis myself.
Old September 21st, 2020, 04:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunaks View Post
ATH is brutal, I have wanted a set of wave 7 forever but 300 dollars for 19 small-medium figures is absurd, it would be more worth it to be a decent 3D printer and paint the minis myself.
You should do this for sure. If you like to paint, a good resin printer can be had for less than 200 bucks. A 50 dollar bottle of resin will get you minis for about 50 cents to a dollar a piece and get close to 100 minis out of the bottle. I can attest that there is a learning curve and irritations will be had but the prices out there are ludacris. When I decide to in the future Ill be replenishing my scape collection with resin prints. I just have too much to paint at the moment.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 21st, 2020, 04:34 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

Wow that sounds like great value, my buddy has a printer we used to make terrain for Malifaux games, going to find out his model and probably go this route. Custom painting Heroscape pieces sounds like a blast as well!

Metallic black Vampires with red trim? Oh yes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades