Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 12th, 2021, 03:30 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Thor (Avengers) (Hammer Time)

What about making Thor's rerolls activate for the rest of the game after an ally is destroyed? Makes him a bit different from Widow while avoiding the frustrating scenario of losing an ally on OM3 on a round you won initiative.
Old February 12th, 2021, 03:33 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I’ll think of any potential other ideas. It’s not the biggest issue if nothing else can be thought up, I’d just prefer to not retread such similar ground. I’m also not a big fan of the “you killed my friend, for the next 0-3 turns, depending which turn they were killed, I’m gonna fight extra hard, then it’ll go back to the usual as if nothing happened” approach that these powers take. If an ally falls, the OM retrieval is nice, but any boosts in power should remain until justice/vengeance is served, IMO.

For the Mjolnir suggestion, if the unblockable per person it moves through is too much, we could always go with a d20 roll to tweak the odds a little bit, such as 14 or higher. Just love the idea of him throwing it at someone and then as he calls it back it smacks/shocks a few people and then he wallops someone. Feels very evocative.
Old February 12th, 2021, 04:00 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

We could do something based on the number of destroyed figures in your army, but I always hate how those kinds of designs push you towards drafting lots of cheap fodder. Maybe take a page from Raiden’s book, and have him be at “full power” after a small number of allies (2?) are destroyed?
Old February 12th, 2021, 04:27 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thunder God really would fit him well. I think that and one Mjolnir power would probably fit him pretty well. Maybe a light third power that lets him dish out an Avengers marker?

Alternately, you could look at someone like Giganta. To me I liked the similar power on Black Widow because the power scans as being tactically adaptable to me and being able to counter difficult odds strategically. For Thunder God it works because it's just that Thor doesn't show up until the chips are down, which is a totally classic Thor take. But when Thor is there, he fights. He doesn't wait in the shadows and then exert leadership when other leaders fall. But I could see an "Avenging Strike" take where if you take out his buddies he zaps you with lightning.

Either of those work better than what's basically factional Contingency Plan, IMO. I know it was here first, but I always felt like it was here because it was something wanted for the faction, not something that fit Thor terribly well as a character.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 13th, 2021, 12:54 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Either of those work better than what's basically factional Contingency Plan, IMO. I know it was here first, but I always felt like it was here because it was something wanted for the faction, not something that fit Thor terribly well as a character.
I think it works well as a Carry The Weight style power as well, I've always found our Reluctant strain of powers pretty evocative. But I think the direction y'all are pushing in here is leading to good places.

Thunder God feels a bit at odds with the Glyph/Avengers approach, since you really want Thor to fall before Cap to get that epic Cap with Mjolnir moment, and even having Thor start off the battlefield makes him a lot more unwieldy in Avengers builds. I think there's definitely a valid take on Thor that reuses that power, it's just not really the design I'm looking to do at the moment. That first point might be a strike against the Avenging Asgardian idea as a whole though.

Maybe something akin to Thunder God, where it's a big once per game rally/offensive move when an ally goes down would be cool? That way you get that Avenging theme in there but you don't want to hide him in the back until the endgame. It's also pretty unique amongst Avengers designs.
Old February 13th, 2021, 01:01 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think you're better off dividing some concepts here for sure, yeah.

Contingency/break glass in emergency Thor and Thor that leads the charge with his hammer and falls first so Cap can take up the hammer don't really work in concert.

This is where I'll bring up the Giganta like power again where you could roll a D20 in response when you hit his allies (Avenging Strike?). This could make him factionally useful, but push him to the front lines and make him an initial target. It could also be pretty short and straightforward and allow the emphasis of the rest of the card to be all the hammer time stuff.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 13th, 2021, 01:04 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Fwiw, while the Big Damn Cavalry thing definitely works for Thor, I feel like being the Kick the Door Down guy is also a valid take on him and what he does in the Avengers.
Old February 13th, 2021, 01:17 PM
Just A Head

Thinking out loud;
Quote:
NAME = THOR
SECRET IDENTITY = THOR ODINSON

SPECIES = ASGARDIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WARRIOR
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 8

POINTS = ???

AVENGING ASGARDIAN
At the start of the game, you may choose up to 1 other Unique Hero you control and place a white Avenger Marker on their card. When a figure you control that is either an Asgardian or has an Avengers Marker on its card receives one or more wounds from an opponent's attack, you may immediately use Thor's Hammer of Thor special power.

HAMMER OF THOR
Start the game with the Glyph of Mjolnir on this card. Thor cannot lose this glyph by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed. Instead of moving(?) with Thor, if Mjolnir is;
-on the battlefield but not on this card or the card of an opponent's figure, you may choose the space Mjolnir occupies and all the spaces of a shortest path from Mjolnir to Thor. Roll an unblockable attack die against all opponent's figures that occupy those spaces, then place Mjolnir on this card.
-on this card, you may choose a figure within 6 clear sight spaces and roll an unblockable attack die against that figure, or 2 if that figure occupies a water space.

MJOLNIR PIN-DOWN
If an opponent's figure within 6 clear sight spaces targets a friendly figure for an attack and Mjolnir is on this card, you may immediately place Mjolnir on the space the attacking figure occupies. For the rest of the player turn, that figure cannot move and rolls 1 fewer attack die.

SUPER STRENGTH
Old February 13th, 2021, 01:24 PM

1. I like it.
2. I wonder if for the first power you could just let him immediately move? Then since Hammer of Thor is instead of moving, you'd be able to activate it instead of, you know, moving.
3. For Mjolnir Pin-Down is it weird for the pinning down to stop at the end of the player turn? I almost wonder if the pin-down should be for as long as a figure occupies a space with the hammer. Though that might be a competitive no-no considering the no move part.

Old February 13th, 2021, 01:33 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
2. I wonder if for the first power you could just let him immediately move? Then since Hammer of Thor is instead of moving, you'd be able to activate it instead of, you know, moving.
Makes sense and saves some text space.
Quote:
3. For Mjolnir Pin-Down is it weird for the pinning down to stop at the end of the player turn? I almost wonder if the pin-down should be for as long as a figure occupies a space with the hammer. Though that might be a competitive no-no considering the no move part.
Yeah, I think it's one of those weird areas where the thematically correct thing would be completely broken so we have to draw the line somewhere. I like i being temporary too, cause I feel like there could be some odd memory mechanics if you have to remember if you placed Mjolnir on that specific figure to pin them or not.
Old February 13th, 2021, 01:35 PM
Just A Head

Alt idea for Pin-Down though, what if non-Worthy characters could equip Mjolnir, but it had negative effects for them? Then Pin-Down could work by forcibly equipping people with Mjolnir, and they have to take a turn to drop the Glyph again.
Old February 13th, 2021, 04:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd have the Hammer return trip damage DO's as well as opponent's figures. Smashing through the unbreakable wall or a tree and having that tree fall on someone would be cool.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library