Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 4th, 2022, 07:06 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
"Relax, you guys are going at a pretty solid clip for this."

That's the part I liked! It was nice of him to be encouraging, since he's not in it himself. (And I've been saying this over and over myself, without Haslab experience).
Haslabs do tend to be slower building from what I've heard, so if anyone's dismayed based on Kickstarter patterns, probably a reason to recalibrate a bit.
Not really, the massively successful ones generally fully fund in the first 24 hours. HeroQuest was fully funded and meeting reach goals during their livestream announcement.

Edit: RE international backers (I posted this earlier in another thread)

I have some more hope to offer though, here goes: For the Haslab HISS tank, one of the extras was another figure. They haven't shown the colors yet, just the mold. Hasbro is going to have a vote where they show six different color choices, and let the people who backed it vote. The backer count showing on the US Pulse site is 26,772 (see why I'm not optimistic about having 1,433 currently with HS?) But at Hascon they said there were 29,000 votes being counted, and said it had something to do with international backers. That was before they expanded to more of the EU too.

Can someone in Europe log onto Pulse and check the backer count? I'm logged in in the US and it shows 1,617 right now.

Last edited by Hogg; October 5th, 2022 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Updated count
Old October 4th, 2022, 07:18 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How about getting a community wide parody video of "the best thing of heroquest is...." with a new person per sentence and hoping it goes viral on YouTube.

The best thing about new Heroscape is.....you can now get high off the fumes while painting all your new miniatures!!!

The best thing about new Heroscape is.....you can build yourself a new house to live with the ruins when the spouse kicks you out for buying more games......and you got yourself a lovely little garden you don't even have to water!!!!

The best thing about new Heroscape is..... It's the exact same dice as Heroquest!!! Huh.... What's up with that?

Upset City Baby.
Old October 4th, 2022, 08:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
"Relax, you guys are going at a pretty solid clip for this."

That's the part I liked! It was nice of him to be encouraging, since he's not in it himself. (And I've been saying this over and over myself, without Haslab experience).
Haslabs do tend to be slower building from what I've heard, so if anyone's dismayed based on Kickstarter patterns, probably a reason to recalibrate a bit.
Not really, the massively successful ones generally fully fund in the first 24 hours. HeroQuest was fully funded and meeting reach goals during their livestream announcement.
Everything I’ve read is that Heroquest took a full week to fund.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 4th, 2022, 08:42 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

At the end of the day I will say the Serenity Prayer and come to terms with the fact that Heroscape's renewal is not in my hands alone. If it's meant to come back it will come back. No amount of friends buying 5 set sleeper cells is going to change that. All I can do is buy the 5 sets I am allotted and hope that things work out.

In the meantime I will enjoy the 'scape I already have and look at it as a blessing that this game ever existed in the first place.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old October 4th, 2022, 09:42 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Finally got around to it. I'm in for one set, and if I can pick up some more work in the next few weeks, maybe (just maybe) that goes up to two.
Old October 4th, 2022, 09:50 PM

My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Are we sure that buying multiple sets, ups the backer count just as many? "Backers" seems like very specific wording to me. If I'm understanding correctly, if the project funds, this will open the doors to some sort of retail release (unless I'm making that up and didn't actually hear that). But if behind the 8000 backers the project is calling for, is really only 4-5K actual people, would that make a retail release viable? Expecting a minority to buy up all the product on the shelves nation wide?

Just spitballing here... I'm sure that 8000 number, plugged into their algorithm, tells them that the game is viable when extrapolated out. The number of unique backers has to matter, doesn't it?
Yes, I can confirm (just tested it) that if you buy multiple sets, each set counts as a backer.

Also, you can purchase/back more than 5. You just have to do it in multiple transactions. I also did it as a guest, so maybe you can't if you're logged in with a profile? If I get anymore sets, and this campaign makes it, I'm going to have to rent out an offsite storage site
Old October 4th, 2022, 10:06 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We’re 20% funded!
Old October 5th, 2022, 02:18 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post

Can someone in Europe log onto Pulse and check the backer count? I'm logged in in the US and it shows 1,617 right now.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old October 5th, 2022, 02:38 AM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart

In the US it's 1625 twenty minutes later, so looks like it's displaying the same number.

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old October 5th, 2022, 07:50 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Oh Heroscape, will you break my heart again?
Old October 5th, 2022, 08:20 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

According to this article, the Galactus Haslab doubled its backers from 14k to 30k in the last two days of the campaign. I'm not suggesting that's gonna happen here, as this is a totally different situation. Just pointing out that anything could/might not happen, and we probably shouldn't be stressing about numbers till the campaign is in its last couple of hours.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/comic...action-figure/

Now, to try and take my own advice
Old October 5th, 2022, 08:46 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

All the criticism (some justified) aside I won't start to worry until we're 2-3 weeks in and if we're limping along (say, at 'only' 3K).

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion