Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 22nd, 2007, 06:54 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Eclipse, how would you view Mimring as an endgame figure? I know a common strategy is to hold back a relatively heavy hitter until the game is nearing an end and I'm wondering how effective you think Mimring would be in that role. On the surface - a swift, long ranged figure - it seems that Mimring would be a good choice for that roll. Expensive, but effective.
That is how I play with him. If the enemy has any squads left, this guy toasts them. If they still have their own end game figure around, Mimring out distances him.

In my experience, Mimring does horrible when played to early. One round of Omnicron or Aubrien fire will kill him. All it takes is for a few figures to engage him, or for ranged units to move a bit closer for him to be destroyed. In addition, if you do not put all your order markers into moving this guy around once you do activate him, his low defense falls prey to the enemies' concentrated attacks. I usually don't have the flexibility to pay so much attention on one unit in the middle game. But that might just be my bad tactics.
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:02 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Mimring is great for attacking castle doors with it's Line of fire attack!
It can then stay out of range of most long ranged figures.
Old May 26th, 2007, 01:00 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker
Having read all of the afor stated opinions concerning Mimring I thought I should come to his defense.

Although I've only recently been able to play on a regular basis I've discovered through trial and error that Mimring is a truly devastating force when micromanaged correctly. My personal favorite army uses Mimring as one of my key players and as such he is never without at least one marker on him.

Mimring
Minions of Utgar x2
Marro Warriors
Deathreavers x2

Since 90% of the fighting is done with Minions and My favorite Dragon, I have literally made it through whole matches with mimring unscathed. One thing I've learned is to never try to hit more than 2 units at a time with fire, otherwise you get too close to the enemy's units, and always use fire breath from high ground (you dont get an attack bonus but if you do come under attack, you have the extra defense to survive and retreat to his maximum range again)

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old June 13th, 2007, 04:44 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Without search this was the best place I could think of to try to find the answer to a question.

Waaaayyyy back in the old days, (.net I'm guessing) I seem to recall that the general opinion was that Mimring was female. Now, it is obvious from the bios that Mimring is male.

I had always assumed he was a he, until I read that he was a she, but now he is a he again. Am I just imagining all of this? What's the history of the gender of Mimring. Is Valhalla near Sweden?

Kind of reminds me of an old song...
"She walked up to me and she asked me to dance. I asked her name and in a gut throat voice she said 'Mimring. M-i-m-r-ing ring."
Old June 13th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith
Now, it is obvious from the bios that Mimring is male.
Not only that, its on the card.
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker
Since I'm always on the lookout to dump on the 4th Mass. I thought that I should mention the great success I've had with Mimrig in roasting those rotten little "Ayuh" turtles alive. His movement/flying usually lets me line up as many of those suckers in a row as possible, usually in an angle that minimizes the number that can shoot back (after they move and lose their attack bonus). If for no other reason I love love love love love the dragon just because he puts those putzes in their place.

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.
Old July 18th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Mimring is fun, and Eclipse is right. Use him like Me-Burq-Sa, not Charos.
Old October 5th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker
Ok guys I have an AWESOME battle report that shows just how powerful Mimring can be if you micromanage him right.

My friend and I just finished a game on the map "Highways and Dieways"
It uses lots of trees and roads which make long range fighting difficult, (Mimring was at a disadvantage)
My friend had two squads of Minions, Syvarris, and Kaemon Awa

I had Mimring, Q10, Iskra, Rechets, Eldgrim, and Isamu

Q10 got killed without ever shooting anyone (bad marker placement by me) and long story short it ended up being Mimring vs Kaemon (0 wounds), Syvarris (1 wound), 4 minions (2 had died earlier to the rechets)

Eldgrim's spirit was on Mimring giving him +1 movement and by dancing around the trees and taking height to get extra defense I was able to burn to death one Minion, then Syvarris, then Kaemon, and finally two more Minions.
The final Minion cornered him and killed him with a roll of two skulls (He only had 1 life point left after the previous fighting)

My friend won the match but Mimring killed 330 points worth of units before falling to his last remaining squad unit...

SO DONT EVER SAY ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR MIMRING TO EARN HIS POINTS IN A MATCH

Old October 5th, 2007, 09:19 PM

manger has disabled reputation
Food for thought... when treated like a weak ranged unit, mimring can be the most versatile and deadly unit in the game. Its easy to over commit mimring and use him like a tank (like his dragon counterparts i.e. Charos).
Old January 10th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Something that I want to try with Mimring is this 400 point combo...

Mimring - 150
Mittens - 120
Armocs x2 - 130

This gives you a flying hit and run ranged unit, plus a very fast melee team with high attacks.

and it still leaves you either 100 or 200 points depending on your total for the game 500 or 600 respectively.

Old January 10th, 2008, 03:42 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think Mimring would make a good Red Skull minion. His wings will make it easy for him to keep within LOS of his master, and since he often wants to either make an opportunistic attack or a headlong retreat, the flexibility of taking a turn with him whenever you want could really prove harmful to an enemy who fails to think ahead.

190 Red Skull
150 Venom
150 Mimring
010 Isamu

=500

Mimring is your jab, Venom your uppercut. With flying and Swing Line, you'll rarely be giving up height advantage. I'll try it sometime soon and report back.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 03:53 PM

Starflyer Woo who?
In the fire-line diagram put in the RotV rules it appears that Mimring can shoot front and behind one hex wide up to 8 spaces and on the sides he cuts a swath 2 hexes wide up to 8 spaces. Do you get to blast a 2 hex wide line of fire on the side?

-Joseph

Life isn't symmetrical

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units