Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 28th, 2017, 08:07 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Book of Casey Jones (Breathing Period)

Yeah, I actually wouldn't have any problem with Sandman. Dude had a really solid redemption arc that got clumsily done away with at the end of the Clone Saga. His motivation for being evil for the last twenty years has been brainwashing.

But I do worry a little about Casey seeing too much play in Criminal/Thief builds and Angstrom team-ups if he went Vengeful.

I guess, if we tried to really key in on the "anger issues" bit I'd rather let Casey bond with figures that have the Self-Importance or Reckless Engagement special powers. Maybe go for the trifecta and throw Reckless Advance in there, too. Relatively small set of figures, but it feels thematic for me for him to be teaming up with the other members of the Reckless tribe.
Old September 24th, 2017, 09:22 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For all those looking for more of the bag of weapons deal I wanted to point out the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
The IDW Casey Jones doesn't have a bag of tricks. He's just a straight-up (and kind of dumb) bruiser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
In the IDW version, what sets him apart is that he rushes into stuff and the turtles plan things out.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 24th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, I don't think the bag o' weapons deal is really necessary anyway. In the abstracted context of Heroscape there's not a huge functional difference between hitting someone with a hockey stick and hitting them with a baseball bat.
Old September 24th, 2017, 10:40 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Yeah, I don't think the bag o' weapons deal is really necessary anyway. In the abstracted context of Heroscape there's not a huge functional difference between hitting someone with a hockey stick and hitting them with a baseball bat.
Exactly. And the bats and sticks are represented in his attack...without them he's probably sporting a 2 attack.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 16th, 2017, 12:51 AM
A Man of Taste

What about dropping Reckless Engagement and adding this...

Batter Up!
If Casey Jones attacks a figure that he was not engaged with at the start of his turn with his normal attack you may add 1 to that attack.

I need help with the wording but the intent is to make him some one that wants to aggressively run up on someone and swing away.

Also since the Tag Team things seems to be an issue what about a change of direction...

kind of using Batgirl's Vigilante Rivalry and Merlyn's Archer Rivalry as inspirations...

Ninja Rivalry
When taking a turn with Casey Jones, if there are at least two unrevealed Order Markers on the cards of Ninja, add 1 to his Move number.

My thinking is to get rid of the bonding and by making it unrevealed OM's it makes him more of an early round option. Giving him the +1 to Move makes his Batter Up power more usable in his hot head state.

I left it as any similar to Merlyn's power so it works for both Ninja teammates or Ninja opponents. This lets him still be useful in Luke Cage/Defenders builds vs Hand Ninja as well as Ninja Turtle Team ups or without them against Foot Ninja. Now we just need that Daredevil Fighter...

So for clarity..

Quote:
NAME = CASEY JONES
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = BRASH

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = ???
MEDIUM 5

NINJA RIVALRY
When taking a turn with Casey Jones, if there are at least two unrevealed Order Markers on the cards of Ninja, add 1 to his Move number.

BATTER UP!
If Casey Jones attacks a figure that he was not engaged with at the start of his turn with his normal attack you may add 1 to that attack.

RECKLESS FIGHTER
After attacking, Casey Jones may attack again. During this attack, all excess shields rolled by the defending figure count as unblockable hits inflicted on Casey Jones by that figure.
I'm also thinking this over...

Ninja Back-Up
When a Unique Ninja you control is destroyed, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from that card and place them on this card.

It would be four powers but they are all really short and simple powers

Old November 16th, 2017, 01:14 AM
Symbiotic

I really like that direction.

Honestly, my instinct is not to go for Ninja Back-Up if only because he's more likely to go down before Raph or one of the Turtles anyway, so it may not be worth the fourth power. I don't know that it would come up too often unless you're running him with like, Otonashi or the classic Ninja.
Old November 16th, 2017, 05:38 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Would Reckless Fighter stack with Counter Strike?
Old November 16th, 2017, 05:41 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Would Reckless Fighter stack with Counter Strike?
Precedent from Reckless Advance on Batgirl (Babs) is that it would not.
Old November 17th, 2017, 12:39 AM
A Man of Taste

@dok , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @weebaer , @Dysole

Does the version in the SP give anyone second thoughts. I'd guess probably not but I do want to ask if any teaming combo's overshadow his work with the Turtles by a lot.

Thanks guys. Also if anyone knows where to start for testing let me know.

Old November 17th, 2017, 01:03 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

No concerns. Neat design.
Old November 17th, 2017, 10:52 AM
A Man of Taste

Re: Book of Casey Jones (Vote for Initial)

I Propose we move Casey Jones to Initial Playtesting
@Arkham @johnny139 @Ronin @Yodaking

Old November 17th, 2017, 10:52 AM
A Man of Taste

Re: Book of Casey Jones (Vote for Initial)

I Propose we move Casey Jones to Initial Playtesting

@Arkham
@johnny139
@Ronin
@Yodaking

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library