Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 24th, 2017, 09:36 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Casey Jones

The Book of Casey Jones

C3G IDW WAVE 29
CHRISTMAS IN JULY

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle set.
Its model number and name are #012 / Casey Jones.

Character Bio - Casey Arnold Jones is a young college student on a hockey scholarship. He had more love for his sports activities than his studies, as well as a keen love of vigilante street fighting. Upon his mother's death by cancer, his father became an alcoholic thug who would vent his daily frustration by beating his son. Casey did not fight back, due to a promise he had made his mother. On one such occasion, Casey was saved by Raphael, who at the time was a street vagrant with no memory of his past or his family. The two quickly became fast friends and fellow vigilantes. When Raphael was reunited with his brothers and their father Splinter, Casey gained them as friends as well. He and Raphael would regularly patrol the streets of Brooklyn in search of crime to punish.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Casey Jones' In Over His Head special power allows you to take a turn with a Fighter or Ninja Hero you control.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:10 PM. Reason: png
Old June 24th, 2017, 09:36 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Book of Casey Jones (Breathing Period)

NAME = CASEY JONES
SECRET ID = ARNOLD CASEY JONES
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = BRASH
MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 130

FIRST ASSAULT 1
When attacking with Casey Jones, if the defending figure was not adjacent to Casey at the start of this turn, Casey receives 1 additional attack die.

RECKLESS FIGHTER
After attacking, Casey Jones may attack again. During this attack, all excess shields rolled by the defending figure count as unblockable hits inflicted on Casey Jones by that figure.

IN OVER HIS HEAD
After taking a turn with Casey Jones, if he is engaged you may take a turn with one Ninja or Fighter Hero you control. During this turn that figure may only attack a figure engaged with Casey. After using this special power, you may not take a turn with any other figures.

Spoiler Alert!

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by Ronin; July 23rd, 2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old June 24th, 2017, 09:37 PM
A Man of Taste

Reserved for Art

Comic
Spoiler Alert!

Figure...

Last edited by japes; June 25th, 2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old June 24th, 2017, 09:44 PM
A Man of Taste

I can't remember which mini I have but I'll post once I figure it out and if it's the one we decide on I can take the pics.

Last edited by japes; June 25th, 2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old June 24th, 2017, 10:38 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Will all the Vigilante synergies be odd for him? He'll be a better teammate to Robin and Batgirl than Raph.

I wonder if both Reckless powers are needed? Between a likely Reckless personality and two Reckless powers, that's a lot of Reckless! I wonder if you wouldn't be better served going with one of the two Reckless powers and swapping in a different third power (maybe something to do with his skates to help him move better?).

Right now he has three powers that basically say: move him into engagement, but be prepared for him to die and a turtle to take over. Which is cool and feels like him, but not a ton that's dynamic.

I do like the bonding (though it overlaps with regular Vigilante bonding, so it needs language capping it - and you might consider a different class. Brawler?).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 24th, 2017, 10:50 PM
A Man of Taste

I'm fine with a class change and Brawler would work, but the fact that he is so reckless keeps him with the turtles since he's likely to die with order markers. At least that was the thought when we brain stormed him.

And he does play well with Raph as is. They practically fight each other for the chance to be the one fighting.

and Yeah he does need the "and no other figures" bit in his power.

It would be nice to give April a sidekick power that lets her tag along with a turtle or Casey though so that if no turtles are left he'd still be able to have April or a Robin type character tagging along.

Old June 24th, 2017, 10:54 PM
A Man of Taste

Something like this...lets that option hang out there.

NINJA TURTLE BACKUP
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Casey Jones, you may first take a turn with any Ninja Turtle you control. If you do, you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. When Casey Jones is destroyed, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from this card and place them on any Ninja Turtle card you control.

Old June 24th, 2017, 11:37 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like the stats where they are. I prefer Brash for the personality and Fighter for the class. I like Reckless Engagement and Ninja Turtle Backup but I think Reckless Fighter could use a tweak. What do you think of this?

Quote:
DETERMINED FIGHTER
After attacking, if Casey Jones did not inflict a wound, he may attack one additional time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 25th, 2017, 01:07 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I like the stats where they are. I prefer Brash for the personality and Fighter for the class. I like Reckless Engagement and Ninja Turtle Backup but I think Reckless Fighter could use a tweak. What do you think of this?

Quote:
DETERMINED FIGHTER
After attacking, if Casey Jones did not inflict a wound, he may attack one additional time.
For some reason I thought you were the one that came up with Reckless Fighter. (EDIT: just checked and yes it was you that came up with Reckless Fighter after your failed attempt to get me to double down on the Recklessness with Reckless Advance and Reckless Engagement. This was back before I was even a Sidekick and couldn't post this in the Public Thread because one of the Reckless powers hadn't been released yet...probably why you didn't remember your own great idea)

The reason it evolved is I had the reckless power from one of the robin or batgirls with the reverse counter strike and someone I thought talked me into changing it to this so that it is a choice...you go in for the second shot to try and aggressively take out the opponent but if you fail...you get smacked. Sort of made him stronger against the weaker squads (mousers, foot) but not something you'd risk the second attack against a Shredder unless it was for a miracle shot at getting that last wound.

Also I forgot to update the power set with the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
NINJA TURTLE BACKUP
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Casey Jones, you may take a turn with any Ninja Turtle you control. When Casey Jones is destroyed, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from this card and place them on any Ninja Turtle card you control.
Casey was suppose to go first...

Old June 25th, 2017, 01:09 AM
A Man of Taste

For reference...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
How does this look? Using the "again" wording so he can attack as many times as he likes.

RECKLESS FIGHTER
After attacking, Casey Jones may attack again. During this attack, all excess shields rolled by the defending figure count as unblockable hits inflicted on Casey Jones by that figure.

Old June 25th, 2017, 01:27 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, he got less reckless after a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 25th, 2017, 09:27 AM
A Man of Taste

I didn't comment earlier but I like Brash as well and Fighter could work but for those that have an issue with Vigilante is Fighter and the Heroes for Hire synergies OK...

For the record I don't have an issue with him bonding with either. I think it makes him more interesting and I don't think it will drive up his cost any at all as I believe his OM recovery and bonding with the Turtles outweights his bonding with Vigilante Sidekicks and such.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library