Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 10th, 2012, 08:14 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Post

Sargeant Fury and the Howling Commandos
SGT. Fury

Spoiler Alert!

Dum Dum Dugan

Spoiler Alert!

Gabe Jones

Spoiler Alert!

Rebel Ralston

Spoiler Alert!

Izzy Cohen

Spoiler Alert!

Dino Manelli

Spoiler Alert!

Pinky Pinkerton

Spoiler Alert!

Junior Juniper

Spoiler Alert!

Eric Koenig

Spoiler Alert!

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.

Last edited by cwidje; March 29th, 2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
SGT. Fury
Spoiler Alert!

Dum Dum Dugan
Spoiler Alert!

Gabe Jones
Spoiler Alert!

Rebel Ralston
Spoiler Alert!

Izzy Cohen
Spoiler Alert!

Dino Manelli
Spoiler Alert!

Pinky Pinkerton
Spoiler Alert!

Junior Juniper
Spoiler Alert!

Eric Koenig
Spoiler Alert!
Not having looked at anything else besides Fury, he is much to powerful for his points. Also why does he have Close combat expert, does he commonly fight with his hands?

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:32 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree on the points, I'll hopefully get good at valueinn eventually.
In the Howling Commandos, pretty much every goes through close combat at one point or another. He is also a boxer and a black belt.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:53 PM

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I agree on the points, I'll hopefully get good at valueinn eventually.
In the Howling Commandos, pretty much every goes through close combat at one point or another. He is also a boxer and a black belt.
Well take a second and compare him to Mr. Fantastic. That should help you narrow it down. They are very similar.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old December 10th, 2012, 09:02 PM
C-Wedgie

I agree on the similarity. Perhaps around 260 would be more apropos.

Old December 10th, 2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I agree on the similarity. Perhaps around 260 would be more apropos.
I don't even know how to price him to be honest.

He has range and a double attack in addition to auto shield/skull for adjacent figures. But the largest issue is the 4th turn. For each extra turn the point cost for that ability grows cumulatively. A single extra turn is pretty common. Two is very impressive, three is down right scary, but four... Four is not going to be fun to play against. I know that when I play Mr Fantastic and roll 3 extra turns the other players sigh and say "omg, let me know when your done. I'm going to get a drink or hit the head".

Plus, where should we draw the line in the sand in regards to "Extra turns".

Old December 10th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

WWII Era Fury shouldn't be more powerful than the current Fury design, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 10th, 2012, 11:32 PM
C-Wedgie

I would be willing to: drop CCE, drop DA, and lower the effectivity of Howling Commandos.

Old December 10th, 2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
WWII Era Fury shouldn't be more powerful than the current Fury design, IMO.
I don't have any issues with his power level being higher. We do after all represent heroes with only some of their powers, and we have to cost them based on the powers in the design, not the character the design is based on at that point in time.

So even though the Nick Fury from the early days would be more physically impressive then the present day one. Overall he would not be as powerful. But if your design captures his older profile well I see no reason to limit the point cost to much as compared to the future one.

It is all about what is in the design to me. Though I'm no Hero and we all know Bats opinion carries weight, and for good reason. It would be rather awkward if there were many designs miss representing the characters power levels. Even if they represent the timeline right.

Old December 11th, 2012, 01:26 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm not saying it can't be done, but I'd be concerned about the Patriotic bonding with Uncle Sam already having the ability to make any one unique card Patriotic for one game. You would have to look at every unique card to see if there were any bonding loops or other special powers that might get a bit crazy as a result. To keep his bonding power in check, you want to make him bond only the other Howling Commandos somehow.
Old December 11th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post
Quote:
SGT. Fury
Spoiler Alert!

Dum Dum Dugan
Spoiler Alert!

Gabe Jones
Spoiler Alert!

Rebel Ralston
Spoiler Alert!

Izzy Cohen
Spoiler Alert!

Dino Manelli
Spoiler Alert!

Pinky Pinkerton
Spoiler Alert!

Junior Juniper
Spoiler Alert!

Eric Koenig
Spoiler Alert!
Not having looked at anything else besides Fury, he is much to powerful for his points. Also why does he have Close combat expert, does he commonly fight with his hands?
I'm with Chief on this one. If you were to roll a 20 on fury's power, you could take a turn with Captain America (6 attack), Uncle Sam (7 attack max) + two of th ehowling commandos, that sounds waaaaaay more powerful than the original Nick Fury's power.

If I were going to design a Howling Commando's team, I would make them a unique patriotic squad, rather than a bunch of heroes (it's easier to design too)
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post
Quote:
I'm with Chief on this one. If you were to roll a 20 on fury's power, you could take a turn with Captain America (6 attack), Uncle Sam (7 attack max) + two of th ehowling commandos, that sounds waaaaaay more powerful than the original Nick Fury's power.

If I were going to design a Howling Commando's team, I would make them a unique patriotic squad, rather than a bunch of heroes (it's easier to design too)
I love that you made designs for each one, but I think the best chances of having them represented in C3G might be to take Smithy's advice and put a writeup together for a unique squad. I know I would be supportive of more unique squads.

You never know though. The day may come when you get sanctum access and you can put them through that way

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy