Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 15th, 2020, 02:23 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Indigo Tribe Recruit (Breathing)

I wouldn't want to lose the personality change. Maybe instead of a d20 to remove it, a figure can remove a marker instead of taking a turn? So it'd be an auto-remove for people that need the personality synergies (or to take turns without an OM), and a "hmm, this is annoying, should I bother removing it?" for people who are just getting the no LEA stuff.

In essence, if you're up against the Doom Patrol it's going to be a twice-per-game "skip a turn" power. That feels less punishing than a "your army doesn't work now, better pray you roll well this round."
Old March 15th, 2020, 04:42 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Before specific tweaks, lets poll out opinions on the personality thing:

A Leave as is
B Increase cost to get it (a la two markers)
C Make it easier to get rid of (like johnny's suggestion)
D Move it to a different factional piece like Proselyte

D is there because I could see a big potential shut down more easily received and balanced on the big tie it together Event Hero of the Tribe.
Old March 15th, 2020, 04:46 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I like johnny's suggestion the best out of those, but my vote will be LV's preference.
Old March 15th, 2020, 04:48 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

D and C both sound cool to me. I'm fine with that kind of power on a big centerpiece sort of unit. I think it's just dicier to balance on a generally cheaper thing like this that's easier to throw into a build.
Old March 15th, 2020, 05:21 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I don’t know what D is, but C sounds like the best way to balance it for the extra affected factions
Old March 15th, 2020, 11:05 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
D and C both sound cool to me. I'm fine with that kind of power on a big centerpiece sort of unit. I think it's just dicier to balance on a generally cheaper thing like this that's easier to throw into a build.
This pretty much sums it up for me as well, with possible slight preference towards leaving it to the Entity just because that maybe then gets the ball rolling on the Entity, which is cool.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 16th, 2020, 03:50 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thinking something like this:
Quote:
EMOTIONAL PURGE
Instead of attacking, you may choose a Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of this Indigo Tribe Recruit that does not have the Compassionate personality and place an indigo Battery Marker from this card on the card of the chosen figure. Figures without the class of Tribesman with an indigo Battery Marker on their card roll one fewer die when attacking. These figures may not take a turn without revealing an Order Marker on their card. Instead of taking a turn with a figure with an indigo Battery marker on its card, you may remove one of those battery markers.
Wording is probably off. Ditched the personality stuff and leaving engagement for the -1 to attack. Made the removal an "instead of taking a turn" but I guarantee I haven't worded it like I should. Thinking that'll be a bit more general use there.
Old March 16th, 2020, 04:02 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I feel the loss of turn to remove the Marker is too easy. The way I read the card, this is the main power. I think I'd add a roll to remove it. I also really liked the multi-stack idea and would have liked to have seen that spelled out. If I'm not mistaken, the theme you are going for is the new figure now wearing an Indigo Ring; in which case anyone taking it off themselves would be nearly unheard of.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old March 16th, 2020, 04:41 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I didn't mind the end of round trigger, fwiw. Could always move that up or down for balance. I was just noting its strength.

Edit: And is the restriction on non-Compassionate figures necessary for the power? That seems like it's at factional cross-purposes with a potential Entity that overwrites with the Compassionate personality.

Old March 16th, 2020, 04:57 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I feel the loss of turn to remove the Marker is too easy. The way I read the card, this is the main power. I think I'd add a roll to remove it. I also really liked the multi-stack idea and would have liked to have seen that spelled out. If I'm not mistaken, the theme you are going for is the new figure now wearing an Indigo Ring; in which case anyone taking it off themselves would be nearly unheard of.
With the new version of this, I'd say its more in line with their ability to make others feel the pain they've inflicted on others. But yeah, the original was supposed to reflect the bonding process with the ring, but that is getting rehomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I didn't mind the end of round trigger, fwiw. Could always move that up or down for balance. I was just noting its strength.

Edit: And is the restriction on non-Compassionate figures necessary for the power? That seems like it's at factional cross-purposes with a potential Entity that overwrites with the Compassionate personality.
Admittedly some may be more comfortable with it now that it is just the -1 attack and no bonding turns and we ditched the personality thing.

So thematically, they are wiping out other emotions that aren't compassion, so from that perspective it doesn't really work on those who are only feeling compassion. Given we've only put it on the Tribe for a personality so far, I suppose it was leaving room for design space outside of that, especially since we're using Tribesman as a class.

Are you saying the issue is that Proselyte would make people compassionate, thus preventing these guys from using their ability? Would it be possible to essentially make it stack?
Old March 16th, 2020, 05:01 PM

Stack in what way? Not sure I'm following the question. But, yes, that's what I'm saying the issue would be.

Old March 16th, 2020, 05:04 PM
Book Wyrm

Like, any figure with an indigo Battery that aren't Proselyte or the Tribesmen have -1, no bonding turns, and lose class and personality. So are hit by the effects of both if they have a battery marker. Because having to remember what came from who sounds like an awful memory mechanic.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library