Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old June 8th, 2015, 02:39 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I have yet to see the new Battlestar myself japes.
Somewhere online there is a guide to watching the series with all the mini-series and other extras in the best order.
I need to find that...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 8th, 2015, 04:57 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Here you go.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 8th, 2015, 09:35 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
You have watched Lost four times?
Yep. Don't judge me.
Old June 8th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Just a personal thing. I cannot stand shows about lawyers, hospitals or cops.
That doesn't leave you much to watch these days...
I'm in the same boat as T-Spinny on this front. Hate the procedural stuff. Luckily there really is a lot of other great stuff out there if you look hard enough. We're in a golden age of entertainment.

Quote:
Hard to believe but I had only seen the mini series and a couple random episodes of the remade Battlestar Galactica so we started watching it last week. My wife is starting to get it I think...I'm enjoying it of course.
Battlestar is one of my top five shows I've seen, all-time.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 9th, 2015, 04:04 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Tornado and Bats,

I feel the same way too, although I have been watching Perry Mason for the first time lately. When I was a kid during its first run, it was too adult for me! And I also watch Castle, although that's more of a character show.

Also watching for the first time since their original run:

[I]The Life and Times of Wyatt Earp: a particular favorite of mine as a kid, which my Mom told lead actor Hugh O'Brian when she saw him as a celebrity guest on Password, which she loved many, many moons ago here in NYC. The show is semi-historical, including real life figures, and leading up to the last two episodes, which show the Gunfight at the OK Corral and its aftermath!

The Patty Duke Show "...While Patty's only seen the sights a girl can see from Brooklyn Heights." That's my neighborhood. Diagnosed years later with bi polarity, Ms. Duke reported that her other role (cousin Cathy) was actually her real other real personality, which the writer saw when she spent a weekend at his family's house so he could get ideas for the show's theme! Yikes.

She was also the wife of John Astin (Gomez Adams) and mother of Sean Astin (Sam in LOTR). And won the Academy Award as Helen Keller in The Miracle Worker.

Last edited by chas; June 26th, 2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old June 9th, 2015, 07:38 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I give classic shows a pass on my ban. MASH is one of my all time favorites and I will on occasion watch CHiPs.

Just finished Daredevil and I am now left with that empty feeling of no more supers for awhile. They did such a great job with Daredevil and I continue to be impressed on how Marvel ties all its movies and shows together for continuity and painting a picture of their world.

In the comics does Daredevil ever use smoke bombs or flash bombs or something else to knock out opponent's vision? That seems like a no brain-er to give himself an edge but I guess his senses give him enough of an edge.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 9th, 2015, 09:27 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Just a personal thing. I cannot stand shows about lawyers, hospitals or cops.
That doesn't leave you much to watch these days...
I'm in the same boat as T-Spinny on this front. Hate the procedural stuff. Luckily there really is a lot of other great stuff out there if you look hard enough. We're in a golden age of entertainment.
Trust me I agree here as I think it's overused. I won't ignore a show if it's different or unique in some way but I do think it's so overused that it is hard to find many shows on network that do not fit one of these...which is why I watch very little TV.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 9th, 2015, 09:28 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Yeah I googled right after I responded to your post and read it. I'm excited.

Old June 9th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Trust me I agree here as I think it's overused. I won't ignore a show if it's different or unique in some way but I do think it's so overused that it is hard to find many shows on network that do not fit one of these...which is why I watch very little TV.
Ah, there's the problem! Network's business model is appealing to the lowest common denominator. They rarely take anything resembling a "risk" these days. Streaming is where it's at - let's you get most of the best of network and cable and binge watch it without commercials. I've watched a lot of entire series this way and it's so much better than watching another crappy formula drama on network.

That said, obviously network has it's gems here and there. I like Agents of SHIELD for instance, and I watched this season of The Last Man on Earth and found it pretty charming.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 9th, 2015, 12:52 PM

If you like LMoE Bats, you should check out The Quiet Earth (1985). A New Zealand flick with the same plot. More drama than comedy though.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 9th, 2015, 03:04 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:
Ah, there's the problem! Network's business model is appealing to the lowest common denominator. They rarely take anything resembling a "risk" these days. Streaming is where it's at - let's you get most of the best of network and cable and binge watch it without commercials. I've watched a lot of entire series this way and it's so much better than watching another crappy formula drama on network.
I agree and that's why I usually watch things like...Game of Thrones, House of Cards, True Detective...

Old June 9th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Streaming is where it's at - let's you get most of the best of network and cable and binge watch it without commercials. I've watched a lot of entire series this way and it's so much better than watching another crappy formula drama on network.
I just wish some shows would edit out the garbage, commercial-driven drama from stuff like Chopped. We like the show, but watching it sans commercials makes those parts around the commercial break very tedious.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV