Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old November 6th, 2014, 07:06 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: What Electronic Device Game are you currently playing?

Star Realms and Hearthstone, currently.

And I still have one of these:

Old November 6th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Beyond Earth. It's an addiction.

~Aldin, not doing much other than Ascension on tablets lately

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 6th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post

MERLIN!!! I remember mine from when it originally came out! But I do still have one of these:

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 6th, 2014, 12:16 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post

MERLIN!!! I remember mine from when it originally came out! But I do still have one of these:
Vectrex! I am officially jealous. I always loved the vector arcade games (Battlezone, Tempest, Star Wars).
Old November 6th, 2014, 12:44 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
On my daughters Kindle we have Summoner Wars, Elder Sign Omens, and Suburbia. I just picked up Suburbia last night. I really enjoy it although it took me a couple play throughs to really understand the strategies. I also play Star Realms on my wife's Galaxy from time to time. I still want to get Small World, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Ticket to Ride on the Kindle. And I occasionally play Nueroshima Hex on my iphone. I hear Nightfall has a good app but I can only get it on my wife's phone
Thanks Stub, I'll have to look for those and "borrow" one of my girls' Kindle's when they aren't looking sometime I have the physical Summoner Wars and Suburbia games, but it would be neat to try it digitally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Now that's oldschool Tornado. I used to have that when I was a kid, and also had a baseball one too. Oh the good ol' days where a little red blip on a little screen brought so much joy
The best part if that game was being able to customize your roster, boosting player stats, and selecting the apparel each player would wear (shorts, hats, Sun glasses, shoes, etc.) Then each year you would buy a new game that had all of the updated player stats. It was awesome!

Seriously though, as much as I appreciate the marvel that is modern video gaming, sometimes there's nothing like just turning on and game and playing. Strangely enough, those little red dots and all the bleeps and blips coming out the tiny speaker still managed to draw us into the game. We were playing football!

By the way, I totally sucked at the basketball version. Just like in real life.
Old November 6th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Strangely enough, those little red dots and all the bleeps and blips coming out the tiny speaker still managed to draw us into the game. We were playing football!
I opened mine up and wired up a larger speaker to the little metal disc that produced sound and I swear I could hear the crowd noise.

I had a Hockey version that I believe came out a number of years later. It was impossible to score until I learned the trick of swinging the puck and forth and catching the goalie out of position.

Oh and that Vectrex is sick, Jim. Extremely cool.

I used to have a Tron, along with about dozen other stand-up arcade games but Tron was the coolest with the built in black lights and awesome game play.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 6th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Oh and that Vectrex is sick, Jim. Extremely cool.
To be fair, that picture isn't of mine, but hey--VECTREX!!! I got it from a family friend who worked at Milton Bradley. He bought it for me from the company store when they were clearing them out - for $25. (which was a lot in 1984, but not as much as the normally priced one*)

I still have a bunch of cartridges for it as well.

* - It was released in November 1982 at a retail price of $199 ($470 adjusted for inflation); as Milton Bradley took over international marketing the price dropped to $150 and then $100 shortly before the video game crash of 1983. The Vectrex exited the market in early 1984.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old December 1st, 2014, 11:13 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

They still make those Mattel sports handhelds. I've played baseball and basketball. Baseball is the better of the two.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old December 20th, 2014, 04:23 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Marvel Puzzle Quest
Old January 2nd, 2015, 09:38 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm playing around with the Ascension app for Android. PM me your Playdek account name if you want a match (or multiple matches). I'm pretty sure it is cross-platform.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 2nd, 2015, 01:49 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm playing around with the Ascension app for Android. PM me your Playdek account name if you want a match (or multiple matches). I'm pretty sure it is cross-platform.
I'm always up for Ascension. I usually set the game length to at least three days, though. I'll send a PM with my playdek name (it's akden1 for anyone interested in Ascension or Summoner Wars) and feel free to send me an invite.
Old January 7th, 2015, 08:04 AM
quality>quantity

NamibianScaper has disabled reputation

Age of Warriors - 5 man rpg tactical combat formation game, pretty nice guild system and I am a guild leader of the best guild on my server. Better graphics and cost system than any similar game I've played. ie. it's not extremely pay-to-win. You can pay to grind more but not outright pay for tons of better stuff.

Star Wars Galactic Defense - RTS meets tower defense with Star Wars characters. it's awesome but I'm afraid it will be shortlived.

Dragon's World - I just like Dragons. Pretty good tournament system keeps it active. Lots of new dragons all the time

Skylanders: Lost Islands - skylander addict. cruddy little island builder that I have been grinding for like 3 years...

EDIT: Those are all mobile games. League of Legends, Skylanders & Infinity Wars non-mobile. Dang I just found out Summoner Wars is available on mobile??? I never got it because I would have no one to play with... will download tonight

Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a Man of War; The LORD is His name."

LF: 1x Skahen Sents reavers MacDirk, 2xMonks RttFF Snipers Tundra Hounds 3xArmoc Venoc MDrones Aubriens Gruts Romans MacDirks

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games