Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old December 19th, 2009, 02:55 PM

Gold1 knows what's in an order marker Gold1 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Who would each general send into the Underdark?

Drake (Sotm) 170
Johnny Shotgun. 65
Thorgrim 80
Kelda 80
Sir Denrick 100
total: 495

Krug 120
Ne-Gok-Sa 90
Brunak 110
Cypren 150
Isamu 10
total: 480

Sonlen 160
Syvarris 100
Ulginesh 150
Kyntella 20
Arkmer 50
Total: 480

Agent Carr 100
Major Q-10 150
James Murphy 75
Laglor 110
Otonashi 10
Total: 445

Valgaurd 110
Crixus 90
Kaemon Awa 120
Oni Gurei 100
Shiori 60
Total: 480

Jexix's group
total:485

Check out my fanfics.
Ceasefire
JointStoryThread

Last edited by Gold1; December 28th, 2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old December 19th, 2009, 03:29 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm not going to go into details on every general or even current units. I am, however, going to propose a new unit based on an existing one that might fit the dungeon crawl theme.

Elite Protectors of Ullar

Three man unique squad boasting Combined Arbalests supreme awesomeness and adding in the EOV's elusive eight power. Gives a hero team that "new swat feel" in my opinion.
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:32 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Alright, after some dungeon crawl type games I have gathered (from my little amount of experience) that you group really needs a way to heal itself some good range and every unit needs to have decent survivablity. Multiple attacks are also fairly important. (Mind you I am just picking guys I have in my collection).

Kelda: To keep people alive
Kumiko: Multi attacker
Railen V1: The second version of Railen is very tempting, too bad she is at 120 points.
Sir Dupius: I suppose he is Jandars best melee guy? (at least in my collection). He at least looks the part for a dungeon crawl.
Macdirk: weakish defense, good life, can multi attack.
These guys lack range, and Zetacron is too fragile to bring. Drake SOTM is too expensive...
500 Points

Sonlen: Ullars only healer, and has decent range and a double attack method.
Syvarris: Best range with a double attack to boot. Though he could really use a defense glyph to help his defense.
Jotun: You heard me! In a hero heavy game Jotuns attack and high life should be a smashing success. Also has a multi-attack. Eight attack dice should chop down a Feral troll pretty fast.
Thats 485 ponts.
Though trading in Jotun for Charos and K Gwyn might be a good option. Charos should be able to run intereference while Syvarris snipes things down. KG is there just for a spare points and probably will just turtle in the startzone with the ranger units. The elf pod is tempting, but low defense and no healer keeps them down.

Ana: The healer for this General
Kaemon Awa: This guy is so packed with awesome it causes blindness. Double ranged special attack, long range normal attack, decent survivablity and counter strike.
Crixius: Hits hard, OSD and good life. Best pure fighter in Einars army.
Zelrig: This group could use another guy with good range. Zelrig should be able to crush any common problem.
Thats 495 Points.
Tandros Kreel is tempting, but with Crixius and Awa in this group I felt I would rather have more range. Guilty is a nice range option, but 2 life and 2 defense wont last long.

Major Q9 and Major Q10: Vydar lacks any sort of healing abilities. However, with Q brothers I think they will be OK. Large Soul Borgness counts for something.
Major X17: Melee shield for his cousins.
That leaves 70 points left over...Can I squeeze in James Murphy at 75 points... Please?

Ne Gok Sa: Tough like old leather, if he ever gets and attack ruin he would be that much better. Utgar has no healers, but maybe we can convince people to join our cause.
Cyprien: Ok, he can heal, but only himself (selfish fellow that he is).
DW8K. Nah, just joking, exploding drow will be the end of him...Howabout Kee Mo Shi. Her skin is sort of like a multi attack, ok survivablity and can convince other that Utgar is a cool guy and you want to join up with him.
Sonya : Can heal herselves and Sonya makes her hubby tougher. Since she intends to cower behind Ne Gok Sa she should be fairly safe.
Marcu: Plenty of life, hard hitting self healing.
Isamu...though I doubt he will have many Jandar targets in the underdark.
Sir Hawthorne: Do I need to explain?
Utgar could use some range in his hero squad, that would mean one of his soul borgs, though 1 life is too much a problem with those previously mentioned exploding drow. I suppose Warden has two life, but still...

Hmm short on heroes so I guess I will pick
Sujoah
Migol
Brave Arrow
Because I have to. Though Migol would be a good pick anyway. Same with BA, he is very fiesty at 50 points.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:50 AM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post

DW8K. Nah, just joking, exploding drow will be the end of him...

Utgar could use some range in his hero squad, that would mean one of his soul borgs, though 1 life is too much a problem with those previously mentioned exploding drow. I suppose Warden has two life, but still...
Just for future reference, DW8K can't be affected by exploding drow. It only affects small and medium figures, so it can still hust DW7K. But, no one would ever draft him anyway, right?

Notice: I shortened the quote to save space.
Old December 30th, 2009, 10:06 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hmm, Good point on the medium or small limit on exploding drow. In that case I would take DW8K to get a long range multi attacker. I would drop Kee Mo Shi in this case.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Old December 30th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Jotun: You heard me! In a hero heavy game Jotuns attack and high life should be a smashing success. Also has a multi-attack. Eight attack dice should chop down a Feral troll pretty fast.
Thats 485 ponts.
I know Ullar doesn't have alot going on in the single-general dungeon crawl, but Jotun, really? I don't see that pary making it past the first room with a ranged squad in it ~50% of the time. (In a party vs party scenario you might have something though . . .hmmm . . . party vs party scenario .)

Back to the point, while a ~50% win rate against your bad match up isn't bad, IMHO a dungeon crawl scenario is only hero-centric from the party side, not the dungeon side.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old December 30th, 2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Thats 485 ponts.
I know Ullar doesn't have alot going on in the single-general dungeon crawl, but Jotun, really? I don't see that pary making it past the first room with a ranged squad in it ~50% of the time. (In a party vs party scenario you might have something though . . .hmmm . . . party vs party scenario .)

Back to the point, while a ~50% win rate against your bad match up isn't bad, IMHO a dungeon crawl scenario is only hero-centric from the party side, not the dungeon side.
An all Ullar Hero squad is a bit of challenge in the first place. I went use Jotun because with a smaller map with no extreme height issues he should be more viable. With three figures OM should be easy enough to manage. Syvarris's range should be good enough to soften up the enemy, then Jotun can take out any of the bigger threats. The presence of Jotun will help keep the opponents farther back. He is immune to exploding drow.
Mind you, this is with the MS3 opponents in mind. Altaga is another solid hero option. However, with Syvarris and Sonlen already in the mix I felt like he did not provide something different enough to bring along. Theracus is also a good option.

As for the the rest of the elf magic party, if there was some way to get a healer in there I would take them along. But since there isnt...

Good Trades I have had.

Old December 30th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
An all Ullar Hero squad is a bit of challenge in the first place. I went use Jotun because with a smaller map with no extreme height issues he should be more viable. With three figures OM should be easy enough to manage. Syvarris's range should be good enough to soften up the enemy, then Jotun can take out any of the bigger threats. The presence of Jotun will help keep the opponents farther back. He is immune to exploding drow.
Mind you, this is with the MS3 opponents in mind. Altaga is another solid hero option. However, with Syvarris and Sonlen already in the mix I felt like he did not provide something different enough to bring along. Theracus is also a good option.

As for the the rest of the elf magic party, if there was some way to get a healer in there I would take them along. But since there isnt...
Gotcha, I've been thinking more along the lines of homebrew dungeons.

Btw, thanks for posting that I think I may have come up with a solution for a viable dungeon crawl style tournament structure. (Should be posted later today.)

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion